PDA

View Full Version : Quick Question ! Does Revelations hit PC in november ?



yly3
07-21-2011, 02:37 AM
So I want to buy a MacBook Pro and to be honest I am seriously considering selling my console. In 3 months I've played a maximum of 4 or 5 days those in which it was only Brotherhood.
Basically I got my console because of Brotherhood.
I also do not like the gaming aspect of the Xbox. Firstly, how can the holy mother of gaming do not support wireless headphones (unless you want to get raped for half the price of a new console) and I find the PC gaming a lot more intimate, but this is just a personal preference.

I haven't checked new Revelations info since E3 but from what I've heard so far it gave me the impression that this time they might actually release the PC version along the console. If that is, I will be buying the mac asap.

sassinscreed
07-21-2011, 03:41 AM
Originally posted by yly3:
So I want to buy a MacBook Pro and to be honest I am seriously considering selling my console. In 3 months I've played a maximum of 4 or 5 days those in which it was only Brotherhood.
Basically I got my console because of Brotherhood.
I also do not like the gaming aspect of the Xbox. Firstly, how can the holy mother of gaming do not support wireless headphones (unless you want to get raped for half the price of a new console) and I find the PC gaming a lot more intimate, but this is just a personal preference.

I haven't checked new Revelations info since E3 but from what I've heard so far it gave me the impression that this time they might actually release the PC version along the console. If that is, I will be buying the mac asap.

it is announced that it will come in november but for ac 2 and ac brotherhood ubisoft announced that they will come same day as console releases but delayed for about 5 months both games so i guess it will be the same with revelations so i would suggest not to preorder if you wanted to preorder

yly3
07-21-2011, 04:09 AM
So they are doing it again .. Guess I'll have to keep my console. Funny they are so bragging that hey have so many people working on it yet they can't deliver a PC version on time .. Oh well.

EmmaBemma
07-21-2011, 04:17 AM
Yep, I would be very surprised if the PC version came out on the same day (or even within the same year, tbh). Oh well, I wanted to replay AC2 and AC1 anyway, so I guess I'll have plenty for that.

AntiChrist7
07-21-2011, 05:10 AM
well there hasnt been any news that pc-version will be delayed, but considering past experiences, you shouldnt be suprised if it will

reini03
07-21-2011, 06:28 AM
There's a chance that all will release the same day. Maybe one of the six studios just focuses on the PC version? I wouldn't get my hopes straight though.

yly3
07-21-2011, 08:08 AM
The thing is I want to recover as much cash as possible from my xbox. However I also really want to play Revelations from day 1.. I remember the days when I played AC1 from my laptop. Just me, the game and some good headphones, I was so hooked.

thornebrook
07-21-2011, 08:23 AM
If waiting to buy the new mac is an option, I suggest waiting until a few weeks before the official release date to preorder. That's usually when Ubisoft goes "oops, PC versions out next year sry."

Bobfish_Almight
07-21-2011, 08:30 AM
The main reason the previous games came later than the console release, is because of Ubisofts heavy handed DRM. Something they have received a staggering amount of backlash for. Even I was surprised at how much it offended people. And they do seem to have learned their lesson (for now). So there's actually a fairly good chance they'll finally follow through on their promise this time. Although, with there not even being a store page on Steam for it yet, retain a healthy degree of scepticism

SixKeys
07-21-2011, 11:46 AM
Also, don't they have like 6 or 8 different studios working on Revelations? That's a lot more than they've had for the previous games, hopefully one or two of them are working on the PC version so they can release it along with the console versions this time.

yly3
07-21-2011, 02:51 PM
Originally posted by thornebrook:
If waiting to buy the new mac is an option, I suggest waiting until a few weeks before the official release date to preorder. That's usually when Ubisoft goes "oops, PC versions out next year sry."


That might be a good point. According to Apple's usual update schedule the new Pros should be available in late October-November. The only disappointing aspect of the current 13" is the graphics. I don't want/need the most powerful GPU eva but I'd like something with which I can (casually) play any game for the next 18-24 months ( at least in low-medium settings).

ThaWhistle
07-21-2011, 02:55 PM
Originally posted by Bobfish_Almight:
The main reason the previous games came later than the console release, is because of Ubisofts heavy handed DRM. Something they have received a staggering amount of backlash for. Even I was surprised at how much it offended people. And they do seem to have learned their lesson (for now). So there's actually a fairly good chance they'll finally follow through on their promise this time. Although, with there not even being a store page on Steam for it yet, retain a healthy degree of scepticism

ive been calling BS on the DRM delay reasoning, and I'll keep doing it, there is no way it would take that long just for the DRM. But if the PC dev side is undermanned, then it would definitely take a long time to get it all done. They say it will be done in november this time because they have the manpower to do it, at risk of looking like an idiot in 4 months, I'm inclined to believe them this time.

Bobfish_Almight
07-21-2011, 03:30 PM
Originally posted by ThaWhistle:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bobfish_Almight:
The main reason the previous games came later than the console release, is because of Ubisofts heavy handed DRM. Something they have received a staggering amount of backlash for. Even I was surprised at how much it offended people. And they do seem to have learned their lesson (for now). So there's actually a fairly good chance they'll finally follow through on their promise this time. Although, with there not even being a store page on Steam for it yet, retain a healthy degree of scepticism

ive been calling BS on the DRM delay reasoning, and I'll keep doing it, there is no way it would take that long just for the DRM. But if the PC dev side is undermanned, then it would definitely take a long time to get it all done. They say it will be done in november this time because they have the manpower to do it, at risk of looking like an idiot in 4 months, I'm inclined to believe them this time. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I didn't say that was the only thing. And yes, it really can take that long. Just because writing the coding for it only takes a few days, that doesn't mean they're just going to throw it out as is. There are weeks of quality control testing, to ensure it's doing what it's supposed to doing, and not making it even easier for piracy. Then, if there is a problem, they take it back to planning and starting building it again from the ground up. Believing that something so important can be done in a weekend is extremely naive

EDIT : I'm also thinking it's pretty likely this time. They've taken a little too much heat from the PC crowd about screwing us in the past

ThaWhistle
07-21-2011, 04:17 PM
Originally posted by Bobfish_Almight:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ThaWhistle:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bobfish_Almight:
The main reason the previous games came later than the console release, is because of Ubisofts heavy handed DRM. Something they have received a staggering amount of backlash for. Even I was surprised at how much it offended people. And they do seem to have learned their lesson (for now). So there's actually a fairly good chance they'll finally follow through on their promise this time. Although, with there not even being a store page on Steam for it yet, retain a healthy degree of scepticism

ive been calling BS on the DRM delay reasoning, and I'll keep doing it, there is no way it would take that long just for the DRM. But if the PC dev side is undermanned, then it would definitely take a long time to get it all done. They say it will be done in november this time because they have the manpower to do it, at risk of looking like an idiot in 4 months, I'm inclined to believe them this time. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I didn't say that was the only thing. And yes, it really can take that long. Just because writing the coding for it only takes a few days, that doesn't mean they're just going to throw it out as is. There are weeks of quality control testing, to ensure it's doing what it's supposed to doing, and not making it even easier for piracy. Then, if there is a problem, they take it back to planning and starting building it again from the ground up. Believing that something so important can be done in a weekend is extremely naive

EDIT : I'm also thinking it's pretty likely this time. They've taken a little too much heat from the PC crowd about screwing us in the past </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I never said it would take a matter of days to do, but I have seen people claim that the DRM was the only reason they delayed it, which itself is an idiotic theory. One team might take a few weeks to get it done, but not the 3-4 months it takes for the actual games to come out, especially since the original didn't have the same DRM, but did have that delay.

Bobfish_Almight
07-21-2011, 06:21 PM
Originally posted by ThaWhistle:I never said it would take a matter of days to do, but I have seen people claim that the DRM was the only reason they delayed it, which itself is an idiotic theory. One team might take a few weeks to get it done, but not the 3-4 months it takes for the actual games to come out, especially since the original didn't have the same DRM, but did have that delay.

Again, I didn't say it was the only reason. And it really can take that long, depending how intricate it is. And the DRM in Assassin's Creed 2 was mind boggling

Mr_Shade
07-22-2011, 03:57 AM
Originally posted by yly3:
So they are doing it again .. Guess I'll have to keep my console. Funny they are so bragging that hey have so many people working on it yet they can't deliver a PC version on time .. Oh well. The official release date is November.

Till that alters - anyone saying different is expressing an opinion - and as with any opinions, it may not be right..


IF the date changes - then it will be posted on the forum.

However with one of the largest group of people working on the game [and multiple teams] - I personally hope that the November date sticks http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

[Important]

As a mac user I have to point out a few things..

Mac's are great - and I much prefer them over a windows based PC - however if you do not know much about them - there are a few things you need to know.

Mac's are different from PC's in many ways - one of the main ones is that they do not support Direct X [used in PC games for 3D graphics] - so games that do run on them may not run as well as the PC version - due to Mac's only supporting OpenGL etc.

The above applies if your running games under OSX - if you Bootcamp the Mac and install Windows - you can get similar performance to a normal Windows laptop - since it runs the same drivers etc- remembering that laptop graphics cards, are not always the best supported or performing.

If you are waiting for the Mac version of Revelations - this has not been announced, and may not appear until a few months after the PC version - as per the other AC games.


I'm locking the thread - since there is many current threads to discuss this, and this type of thread is like a goat to a troll..

Very attractive..