PDA

View Full Version : FB Expansion Pack & Post Expansion Development vs New BOB Game

XyZspineZyX
10-07-2003, 02:17 AM
S!

Greetings,

I have read with excitment the announcments that clearly stated we are getting a Expansion Pack for FB (which we sortof knew about) and that Oleg & Co. will be doing a new game (BOB) With a new engine and other features.

It's pretty clear that the BoB game wont be compatible with FB, it's a new game. Thats cool, 2005 is a fair way off.

I am primarily concerned with what happens to Forgotten Battles after the release of the expansion pack for FB.

I am excited about the FB Patch due soon and the FB Expansion. But I am also concerned, as I imagine many virtual pilots are, that if development of FB should cease once the expansion pack is released wether we will ever have fliable multi engine bombing aircraft -other than the tb3- in FB.

What I have seen of the expansion pack content it is uncertain wether we will get "fliable multi engine allied bombers" or not.

Will 3rd Party developers of Aircraft still be supported and will 3rd party developed Aircraft still be added post the expansion pack? Are there any solid plans to ensure the Inclusion of at least 1 modern multi engine allied bomber as a fliable aircraft?

I have heard rumours and stuff but I havent seen anything official-ish to confirm that allied bomber pilots wont be left out in the cold?

S!

WTE Tigger

http://www.users.bigpond.com/lsf_anvil/images/Tigs75.gif

XyZspineZyX
10-07-2003, 02:17 AM
S!

Greetings,

I have read with excitment the announcments that clearly stated we are getting a Expansion Pack for FB (which we sortof knew about) and that Oleg & Co. will be doing a new game (BOB) With a new engine and other features.

It's pretty clear that the BoB game wont be compatible with FB, it's a new game. Thats cool, 2005 is a fair way off.

I am primarily concerned with what happens to Forgotten Battles after the release of the expansion pack for FB.

I am excited about the FB Patch due soon and the FB Expansion. But I am also concerned, as I imagine many virtual pilots are, that if development of FB should cease once the expansion pack is released wether we will ever have fliable multi engine bombing aircraft -other than the tb3- in FB.

What I have seen of the expansion pack content it is uncertain wether we will get "fliable multi engine allied bombers" or not.

Will 3rd Party developers of Aircraft still be supported and will 3rd party developed Aircraft still be added post the expansion pack? Are there any solid plans to ensure the Inclusion of at least 1 modern multi engine allied bomber as a fliable aircraft?

I have heard rumours and stuff but I havent seen anything official-ish to confirm that allied bomber pilots wont be left out in the cold?

S!

WTE Tigger

http://www.users.bigpond.com/lsf_anvil/images/Tigs75.gif