PDA

View Full Version : AC2 - Graphics Tearing

Warped Trekker
07-02-2009, 10:38 PM
There is a lot of graphics tearing during the gameplay. I hope the frame rate will be smooth and we won't see this problem in the final game! It is especially apparent when the camera rotates. Several areas of the screen seem to lag and jerk.

To describe it: It's like the screen is divided into 3 or 4 horizontal sections, and each section updates slightly after each other. I've seen this in other games, and find it rather annoying. I'd rather see that they scale back the graphics to keep the frame rate smooth.

The first AC also had this problem occassionally, but it didn't look as bad as in the AC2 gameplay.

obliviondoll
07-03-2009, 12:11 AM
There's been threads on this before, so I'll summarise.

E3 demo isn't the final build.

They're still working on it.

Some tearing is expected in pre-release builds.

I, like you, and everyone else, expect it to be resolved before release.

AetosEagle
07-03-2009, 08:16 AM
Originally posted by obliviondoll:
There's been threads on this before, so I'll summarise.

E3 demo isn't the final build.

They're still working on it.

Some tearing is expected in pre-release builds.

I, like you, and everyone else, expect it to be resolved before release.

Exactly, in 4 months, if they've finished the storyline, plot holes, cities, gameplay etc, they will concentrate on performance of the game, and how smoothly and accurately it runs.

Account_Deleted
07-03-2009, 08:53 AM
sometimes it might just be your system over working http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif

bornforhaze
07-03-2009, 09:49 AM
Originally posted by Account_Deleted:
sometimes it might just be your system over working http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif It could be yeah but in some places you can clearly see the frame rate drop badly. The long draw distances probably do this. It will probably be fixed before release.

caswallawn_2k7
07-03-2009, 09:54 AM
you also have to remember the size of the screen they were running the game through.