PDA

View Full Version : OK, we got a Zero, how about a Bearcat?



XyZspineZyX
10-14-2003, 04:09 PM
Anyone know of a project being attempted on this plane? I got to see one in action in Indianapolis in September. It was the fastest fighter I've ever seen. It was so quick I couldn't track it with my camera.

Think this one will ever get by the American plane bias? I ain't fishin here.



SURLYbirch <center>KKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK
This sig is under 30 K's
http://surlybirch.tripod.com/mudbar.txt </center>
<left>"Show me a hero and I'll prove he's a bum."
- Pappy Boyington</left>

XyZspineZyX
10-14-2003, 04:09 PM
Anyone know of a project being attempted on this plane? I got to see one in action in Indianapolis in September. It was the fastest fighter I've ever seen. It was so quick I couldn't track it with my camera.

Think this one will ever get by the American plane bias? I ain't fishin here.



SURLYbirch <center>KKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK
This sig is under 30 K's
http://surlybirch.tripod.com/mudbar.txt </center>
<left>"Show me a hero and I'll prove he's a bum."
- Pappy Boyington</left>

XyZspineZyX
10-14-2003, 04:15 PM
surlybirch wrote:
- OK, we got a Zero, how about a Bearcat?

The F8F-1 began to equip US Navy Squadron VF-19 on 21 May 1945. This squadron, and other early recipients of Bearcats, were still in the process of familiarisation with their new fighters when VJ-Day put an end to WWII.

So it didn't partecipate to the WWII.
Anyway, if you'll have your F8F, I want my G.55 first!!!
/i/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif



<center>http://www.uploadit.org/files/170903-G55_Firma.jpg </center>

XyZspineZyX
10-14-2003, 04:35 PM
The F6F Hellcat and F4U Corsair should come first.

Also, after the Zero, I would like to see the Raiden(Jake) and the Shiden-Kai(George).

Later, the F7F Tigercat and the F8F Bearcat would be good to fight the Reppu and the KI-83. /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

<center>Qui vainc sans risque triomphe sans gloire.</center>
<center>http://www.raf.mod.uk/history/images/tempestv_t.jpg </center>

XyZspineZyX
10-14-2003, 04:38 PM
eiffel68 wrote:
- The F6F Hellcat and F4U Corsair should come first.
-
- Also, after the Zero, I would like to see the
- Raiden(Jake) and the Shiden-Kai(George).
-
- Later, the F7F Tigercat and the F8F Bearcat would be
- good to fight the Reppu and the KI-83.

I'd love to see a Bearcat too.....but I do agree with eiffel on this one. F6 & F4 should come first. Id like to see a flyable BF110 and Me210 too...and a Macchi as well...and of course ...a Spit...any version but a IX for sure.... (I didnt mention the pony cause I have a feeling I'll be flying it by weeks end..../i/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif .... I can dream......./i/smilies/16x16_smiley-tongue.gif )

<CENTER>http://www.world-wide-net.com/tuskegeeairmen/ta-1943.jpg <marquee><FONT COLOR="RED"><FONT SIZE="+1">"Straighten up.......Fly right..~S~"<FONT SIZE> </marquee> http://www.geocities.com/rt_bearcat

<CENTER><FONT COLOR="ORANGE">vflyer@comcast.net<FONT COLOR>
<Center><div style="width:200;color:red;font-size:18pt;filter:shadow Blur[color=red,strength=8)">99th Pursuit Squadron

XyZspineZyX
10-14-2003, 04:42 PM
The Bearcat was an awesome thing. Many years ago an ex-wartime carrier Pilot who owned a car dealership in Houma La.owned one and flew it at Air Shows. It had a great big Rudder to take care of all that power on a short and light Airframe. Man, He could fly that thing. Best accelearation I ever saw with a piston engine Aircraft. Often wonder what happened to him. Think I'll try to find out with a search engine. In my opinion, the Bearcat was the Apex of Piston Engine Naval Aircraft. Would love to have one in Fb. Don't think we are going to though

XyZspineZyX
10-14-2003, 04:48 PM
Bearcat99 wrote:
-
- eiffel68 wrote:
-- The F6F Hellcat and F4U Corsair should come first.
--
-- Also, after the Zero, I would like to see the
-- Raiden(Jake) and the Shiden-Kai(George).
--
-- Later, the F7F Tigercat and the F8F Bearcat would be
-- good to fight the Reppu and the KI-83.
-
- I'd love to see a Bearcat too.....but I do agree
- with eiffel on this one. F6 & F4 should come first.
- Id like to see a flyable BF110 and Me210 too...and a
- Macchi as well...and of course ...a Spit...any
- version but a IX for sure.... (I didnt mention the
- pony cause I have a feeling I'll be flying it by
- weeks end....


My opinion is exacly mirrored by your speech, Bearcat /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

http://franz.lampl.bei.t-online.de/toryusig.jpg (http://www.virtual-jabog32.de)

http://franz.lampl.bei.t-online.de/toryusig2.jpg (http://www.jg68.de.vu)

When once you have tasted flight,
you will always walk the earth
with your eyes turned skyward;
to where you have been
and to where you always want to return.

Cpt.LoneRanger
10-14-2003, 04:48 PM
I doubt there will be any further addon, since it was allready mentioned support for FB will cease after the payed addon. Pitty - I'd really liked to see some pacific action with Japanese and US-fighters, not Sovjet and German ones /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

greets
Cpt.LoneRanger


http://www.cptloneranger.privat.t-online.de/SIG2.jpg

XyZspineZyX
10-14-2003, 04:53 PM
Cpt.LoneRanger wrote:
- I doubt there will be any further addon, since it
- was allready mentioned support for FB will cease
- after the payed addon. Pitty - I'd really liked to
- see some pacific action with Japanese and
- US-fighters, not Sovjet and German ones

Maybe, but like Bearcat said:we can dream./i/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

<center>Qui vainc sans risque triomphe sans gloire.</center>
<center>http://www.raf.mod.uk/history/images/tempestv_t.jpg </center>

XyZspineZyX
10-14-2003, 04:59 PM
prozac70 wrote:
- In my opinion, the Bearcat was the Apex of
- Piston Engine Naval Aircraft. Would love to have one
- in Fb. Don't think we are going to though.


Yes, indeed you are correct.
Whatever way we try to cut it, the use of the most powerfull engine avaiable, with the lightest possible airframe, together with a fairly powerfull weaponry, added to ease of control, should certainly make the best proppeled combat aircraft ever built.



However, the fact that it never saw action in WW2, is enough to kill anyone's expectations about ever seeing this aircraft flying on IL-2.


We have a few "prototypes" in the game, but as little action they may have seen IRL, the fact is that they were there, for all and any effect.


Don't take me wrong, i too would like to see it fly, however, i'm certain it never will.




<center>http://mysite.freeserve.com/resev/images/1-picture1.gif?0.8490278826190298 (http://oksquad.free.fr)

http://mysite.freeserve.com/resev/images/1-picture3.gif?0.4056273933285155
<font size=2>Highly condecorated member of the Eurotrolls Politburo
First Secretary of the EuroTrolls Peoples Democratic Website
Ministry of foreign affairs</font></center>

XyZspineZyX
10-14-2003, 05:41 PM
What's the Bearcat look like?

Can some post a pic?

XyZspineZyX
10-14-2003, 05:56 PM
FI_Flashman wrote:
- What's the Bearcat look like?
-
- Can some post a pic?



http://www.ethell.com/jethell/jeffethell/jeff_bearcat_640.jpg

http://www.acepilots.com/planes/f8f.jpg

http://www.farfromglory.com/images/F8F.jpg

http://www.orgsites.com/ca/caf-socal/CAF-SCABearcat.jpg


Enjoy

<center>http://mysite.freeserve.com/resev/images/1-picture1.gif?0.8490278826190298 (http://oksquad.free.fr)

http://mysite.freeserve.com/resev/images/1-picture3.gif?0.4056273933285155
<font size=2>Highly condecorated member of the Eurotrolls Politburo
First Secretary of the EuroTrolls Peoples Democratic Website
Ministry of foreign affairs</font></center>

Buzz_25th
10-14-2003, 05:59 PM
I don't care if it fits or not. Ban it from servers if you must. I'll fly it offline.

http://community.webshots.com/s/image5/0/7/86/68700786MNaMQh_ph.jpg


------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
25th_Buzz
<center>
http://www.elknet.pl/acestory/foto1/anderson3.jpg

XyZspineZyX
10-14-2003, 06:02 PM
Since we're enjoying this fantasy, my choices are: Tigercat, BF110 and Black Widow for dual prop; Hellcat, Corsair, and my no.1 choice...a P51 B or C model, for single prop.

Fun to dream. /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

Buzz_25th
10-14-2003, 06:08 PM
No need to dream. We're getting the P-51B

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
25th_Buzz
<center>
http://www.elknet.pl/acestory/foto1/anderson3.jpg

XyZspineZyX
10-14-2003, 08:28 PM
Bearcat came too late to see the war. However, Cragger is making and F4F-4. There is also an F4U in production.

Boosher-PBNA
----------------
<center>It's your fault... <center>
Boosher-ProudBirds-VFW
http://www.uploadit.org/files/220903-Boosher%20Sig.jpg

XyZspineZyX
10-14-2003, 08:34 PM
ugh...
all those ugly american late war bubble canopy planes.
i like the beauty-and-style-factor more than the superior-weapon-factor.
so give me an Avia B.534 /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

Buzz_25th
10-14-2003, 08:36 PM
We like to see. Much better for blowing you away.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
25th_Buzz
<center>
http://www.elknet.pl/acestory/foto1/anderson3.jpg

XyZspineZyX
10-14-2003, 08:37 PM
"...at least i'll go down in style" /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

XyZspineZyX
10-14-2003, 09:01 PM
I can post a picture of the Bearcat from Indy later tonight. And this Bearcat was also owned by a car dealer~!

Am I in the wrong business?? /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-surprised.gif

I talked to the pilot's wife who was sitting out with the plane before the show. She said I was the only one who knew it was a Bearcat.




SURLYbirch <center>KKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK
This sig is under 30 K's
http://surlybirch.tripod.com/mudbar.txt </center>
<left>"Show me a hero and I'll prove he's a bum."
- Pappy Boyington</left>

XyZspineZyX
10-14-2003, 09:01 PM
Bearcat built pure for fast climbing to catch high flying missile-carrying bomber quick before they can sink carriers. They copy captured FW-190 as military want small plane with powerful engine. History channel told story about it. Yes it was too late to see action at WWII and not too efficent in Korea war.

Regards
SnowLeopard

XyZspineZyX
10-14-2003, 09:06 PM
Hey how about you give me a F16 so I could fight the Me262?

Nic

XyZspineZyX
10-14-2003, 10:46 PM
WereSnowleopard wrote:
- Yes it was too late to see action at WWII and not too
- efficent in Korea war.

No Bearcat in Korea.
The USN had already replaced them with jets (F9F Panther and F2H Banshee).

<center>Qui vainc sans risque triomphe sans gloire.</center>
<center>http://www.raf.mod.uk/history/images/tempestv_t.jpg </center>

XyZspineZyX
10-15-2003, 12:07 AM
How about the Hellcat. After all it did shoot down no fewer then 4,600 of the over 6,000 Japanese planes destroyed by carrier based fighters. I long for the day that the Pacific theater is done with the quality of FB.
S~
47|FC
Whiner for the proper modeling of US aircraft /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

XyZspineZyX
10-15-2003, 04:09 AM
prozac70 wrote:
- In my opinion, the Bearcat was the Apex of
- Piston Engine Naval Aircraft.

not just navel A/C but of any prop fighter from the 40s

it ranks with the

LA-9

KI-100

TA-152

XyZspineZyX
10-15-2003, 04:14 AM
resev wrote:

- We have a few "prototypes" in the game, but as
- little action they may have seen IRL, the fact is
- that they were there, for all and any effect.

need i say BI-1 ?????

MIG 3U ????

BF 109Z ?????

FYI the Tigercat was in Okinawa B4 the war Ended

the Bearcat was a production fighter B4 the war ended

XyZspineZyX
10-15-2003, 09:49 AM
They used Bearcat in Korean-war, but did they use it in Vietnam-war too?
Think I remember having seen pictures of Bearcats of that era...

Regards

SheerLuck Holmes

XyZspineZyX
10-15-2003, 02:18 PM
WUAF_Badsight wrote:
-
- FYI the Tigercat was in Okinawa B4 the war Ended
-
- the Bearcat was a production fighter B4 the war
- ended
-
-



Maybe you would also like to present the numbers of aircrafts it shot down before the war too?

Production is meaningless if it didn't saw any action.


Abd FYI, the Mig 3U, shot down 40 enemy aircrafts with only 6 pre-production aircrafts.
The project never went into mass production, because and solely, for the fact that the VVS were concentrating war efforts on the production of even more advanced projects than the 3U.

<center>http://mysite.freeserve.com/resev/images/1-picture1.gif?0.8490278826190298 (http://oksquad.free.fr)

http://mysite.freeserve.com/resev/images/1-picture3.gif?0.4056273933285155
<font size=2>Highly condecorated member of the Eurotrolls Politburo
First Secretary of the EuroTrolls Peoples Democratic Website
Ministry of foreign affairs</font></center>

XyZspineZyX
10-15-2003, 02:26 PM
Corsair sounds good to me http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

S!
609IAP_Recon

Forgotten Skies Virtual War
Forum: http://fogwar.luftwaffe.net/forums/index.php
Website: http://www.forgottenskies.com
Visit 609IAP at http://takeoff.to/609IAP

http://www.leeboats.com/609/sig/609_recon3.jpg

Agnus Dei, Qui Tollis peccata mundi, Miserere nobis. Dona nobis pacem

XyZspineZyX
10-15-2003, 02:31 PM
"They used Bearcat in Korean-war"


No Bearcats in Korean conflict.

Only used at war by the French in Indochina and perhaps with the Thai as counter-guerrilla aircrafts.

Cheers,

XyZspineZyX
10-16-2003, 04:02 AM
resev wrote:
- Maybe you would also like to present the numbers of aircrafts it shot down before the war too?

- Production is meaningless if it didn't saw any action.

well what about the BI-1 then ?

well what about the GO 229 then ?

well what about the Bf109-Z then ?


the fact is that the BEARCAT was designed during World War 2

the Fact is that the BEARCAT was constructed & tested during World War 2

the fact is the BEARCAT was even PRODUCED during World War 2

you say
- However, the fact that it never saw action in WW2,
- is enough to kill anyone's expectations about ever
- seeing this aircraft flying on IL-2.

but the GO229 & Bf109-Z & BI-1 never did either

but you also said
- We have a few "prototypes" in the game, but as
- little action they may have seen IRL, the fact is
- that they were there, for all and any effect

those three planes we will see in FB
they had ZERO effect on any conflict at all

& the Bearcat was in the skies as a production fighter during WW2

it didnt see any combat but it still is a WW2 era PRODUCTION fighter

XyZspineZyX
10-16-2003, 04:21 AM
CHDT wrote:
- "They used Bearcat in Korean-war"
-
-
- No Bearcats in Korean conflict.
-
- Only used at war by the French in Indochina and
- perhaps with the Thai as counter-guerrilla
- aircrafts.

I re-check more careful to be sure what though, so I am all wrong. No Bearcat saw action in Korea even USN already have it on carriers.

Regards
SnowLeopard