PDA

View Full Version : small detail- traitor theories *spoilers maybe?*

deathbook19
07-07-2011, 08:10 AM
i have seen some people saying it is impossible for Lucy to be a traitor because when using eagle vision she is blue but eagle vision is just an advanced perception of how people and objects relate to the person using the vision.

So Lucy can be a templar with their overall goals but still like you and harbors no ill will towards you and so still be blue in eagle vision.

Chamboozer
07-07-2011, 12:29 PM
That wouldn't make any sense, and if Ubisoft tried to turn it around at this point, it would also be bad writing.

Abstergo had Desmond under their control, in a completely secure location. Why in the world would they risk losing him to the assassins when there's no threat to them at all? And why would they break into the assassin hideout at the end of ACII if Lucy was on their side?

If their plans were to trick Desmond into cooperating by sending him along with a traitorous Lucy, why would they have her fight guards on the way out? What if Lucy and Desmond had gotten captured or killed?

darkghost1995
07-07-2011, 12:45 PM
I don't think it will necessarily be bad writing and I believe if anyone call pull it off it's the AC writing team.

I also thought about the eagle vision being about perception and the fact that in AC1 we only see her with eagle vision at the end proves nothing considering at the beginning if Desmond had eagle vision he might have seen her in red. (I hope I'm making a bit of sense.)

luckyto
07-07-2011, 01:32 PM
Anyone remember what color Al Mualim was?

orionsrise
07-07-2011, 02:41 PM
I dont remember and no longer have the game what color was he?

FiskMunk
07-07-2011, 02:43 PM
Originally posted by luckyto:
Anyone remember what color Al Mualim was?

How come?

ThaWhistle
07-07-2011, 02:45 PM
Google says al mualim was blue.

lukaszep
07-07-2011, 03:07 PM
I refuse to believe Lucy is a traitor. It would serve absolutely no purpose to the story, and simply pi55es all over a well established relationship between two characters. I see no reason why the story would go in that direction, and i believe Desmond was forced to kill Lucy because their relationship was simply a distraction to Desmond, not because she's a traitor. Besides, she's probably not dead.

ThaWhistle
07-07-2011, 03:11 PM
at the most I think they'll entertain the idea of a traitor, but to keep the story all fine and dandy, noone on the team will probably turn out to be a traitor.

AdmiralPerry
07-07-2011, 08:40 PM
Al Mualim was indeed blue, until he, y'know, tried to kill Altair. The thing that I think a lot of people don't understand is that Eagle Vision is not 100% accurate. I will even venture to say that Eagle Sense won't be 100% accurate. Eagle Vision is based on the perceptions of the Assassin in question (ie. Altair). If no threat or ill will is perceived, then the target will appear either neutral (grayed out) or as an ally (blue). If that intent changes, the shimmer changes too. I recall a mission in Brotherhood where that very thing happened--I think it was one of the thief missions. The target Ezio was following was either blue or gold (can't remember which) and changed to red when he turned around to try and kill Ezio.

I've always seen guards, for instance, as those who are capable of hurting/killing Altair/Ezio. They always show up red, even when they aren't interested in you. Because of the perceived threat, however, they show up red.

flyingeaglemile
07-07-2011, 11:19 PM
I don`t think she was a traitor but as others said, a distraction to Desmond. TOWCB clearly want Desmond to be with the descendant of Eve so had to get rid of Lucy. I hope they keep her dead though, it was a nice twist and having her come back would kind of ruin it.

xx-pyro
07-08-2011, 01:48 AM
I believe that Lucy is indeed a templar. Nothing I say hasn't already been said, so I'll lay off on theories that involve fact. I think Lucy is a templar simply because Maria was a templar. Naturally, I aldo think that Sofia will be a templar. It just seems like another strong similarity that could interwine Altair, Ezio, and Desmond.

deathbook19
07-08-2011, 03:21 AM
i was not saying i think Lucy is a templar i was just pointing out that just because Lucy is blue in eagle vision does not mean she is not a templar.

i will play devils advocate and give some credible answers to your questions

1. Lucy could have seen the danger placing Desmond in the animus for extended periods of time presented and broken Desmond out without authorization to ensure there is no repeat of the subject 16 incident as she was wracked with guilt.

2. i doubt either Lucy or Desmond would have been killed, the guards were using extendable batons, if they wanted either of them dead they would have brought guns.

personally i don't believe Lucy is a traitor as she seems well known to the other assassins and she was raised as one since childhood so i believe her loyalty could withstand being saved by a templar once (warren vidic).

Dejan507
07-08-2011, 03:41 AM
I don't think Lucy was Templar, they simply killed her because she was getting too attached to Desmond, and that was not supposed to distract him from his goal.

Anyway, I have a strong feeling it could be Rebbeca who is a Templar mole!
She's the least talkative one, kind of moody always, and how come she has all the necessary things to recreate Animus and all the other stuff...there's just so many questions about her.

deathbook19
07-08-2011, 03:59 AM
you may actually have a point there. Rebecca said she got the designs for the animus from Lucy but this was never confirmed by Lucy herself and when subject 16 said "she is not who you think she is" we all assumed he meant Lucy but there is one other female on the team... oh well its a nice bit of speculation.

protesthishero
07-08-2011, 09:15 AM
Rebecca turning out to be a templar is highly unlikely. I dunno, It just doesn't seem to warrant a plausible explanation. Lucy, on the other hand is definitely capable of being a traitor (not necessarily a templar, though. A renegade Assassin, perhaps?). I can see her doing something like that for a higher cause or something stupid like trying to save Desmond from going insane from the bleeding effect. She keeps mentioning how she is sorry to have put him through all this and that conversation they have after the first time you return after exploring modern-day Monteriggioni is very fishy. Desmond even asks her something along the likes of "What happened to the Lucy I knew?". I'm not sure. If someone could post the entire conversation, it would help.

deathbook19
07-08-2011, 09:49 AM
the only three females i can remember Desmond meeting in the entire series are Rebecca, Lucy and Juno (i wont count Minerva). i think it would be an awesome plot twist if by "she is not who you think she is" he meant Juno, as in Juno is either not one of those who came before or her goals are even more ambiguous then they seem now. pointless speculation but it would be cool.

Black_Widow9
07-08-2011, 12:44 PM
Hello and welcome to the Forums http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif
Please post your Theory here-
Official Member Theories *Spoilers* (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/9011039408/m/2951020209)
Thanks http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

<span class="ev_code_RED">Topic Closed</span>