PDA

View Full Version : Lean ability

XcaLiBuR_2k4
12-29-2006, 03:08 PM
Maybe its just me or does RB6: Vegas seem a little plain without the ability to Lean right or left from behind cover. I like the Take Cover action, but when shooting from that position the accuracy is terrible & the guns sems to 'walk off' more. Ability to Lean left & right would be a very nice feature to maybe include in the next update/patch. Even Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter had the ability to lean left & right & it was also a Ubsoft title. Anyone else with me on this or is it just me?

tunagoblin
12-29-2006, 03:19 PM
Originally posted by XcaLiBuR_2k4:
Maybe its just me or does RB6: Vegas seem a little plain without the ability to Lean right or left from behind cover. I like the Take Cover action, but when shooting from that position the accuracy is terrible & the guns sems to 'walk off' more. Ability to Lean left & right would be a very nice feature to maybe include in the next update/patch. Even Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter had the ability to lean left & right & it was also a Ubsoft title. Anyone else with me on this or is it just me?
I dought they add lean function like it did in RVS. since the covering and leaning are the big differences between those 2 titles. and covering is the big part of gameplay in vegas.
you just have to get used to the cover system. i personally like leaning better than covering just because i'm so used to leaning.
we just gotta adapt the new feature and move on.

SODsniper
12-29-2006, 03:57 PM
You can also use the SCOPE function in TPV which is devestating...

Personally, I LOVE the new TPV option that replaces the LEAN..

It just looks so darn kewl!! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif<div class="ev_tpc_signature">

SODsniper http://specialopsdivision.us (http://%3CB%3E%3CI%3Ehttp://specialopsdivision.us%3C/I%3E%3C/B%3E)
Building A Better RavenShield Community......One Map At A Time....
**NOTE** Any postings made should be considered as MY interpretation, opinion or "take" on issues being discussed.
http://www.punksbusted.com/psbsig/psbsig.php/sigsml2/3977.png
http://www.specialopsdivision.us/Sigs/s.gif (http://specialopsdivision.com/RVSadmin/)

Visari-L7
12-29-2006, 04:07 PM
I too miss the LEAN. The tpv is nice for awhile but I really wish the didn't take the lean out out. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif The controlled lean in rvs was brilliant imo.

XcaLiBuR_2k4
12-29-2006, 06:45 PM
I mean the cover ability is a cool feature to have, like to idea you can hide behind a shortwall, look over your shoulder & see the enemy. Maybe itll just take a little getting used to as tunagoblin said. I had no idea however, I could zoom while in cover mode... thx for the tip there SODsniper, never thought about trying it http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif Good looking Out!

gexkorn
01-10-2007, 02:34 PM
Lean ability ?Hmm i dont like that.When I hear that for Ghost Recon AF is only lean ability i was disapointed.The cover thing in R6v is to great.Nice work Ubisoft http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Solucopa
01-10-2007, 03:24 PM
I hate leaning in pretty much every game its in, always seems to be bugs with it, or just plain doesn't work right (getting shot by elbows). Cover system owns imo.

topeira
01-10-2007, 03:38 PM
i love the cover system for a few reasons -
1) it lets u see the avatar, and we all love to put some effort into the PEC. it's just fun to see how the charecter if doing everything from reloadint to blind firing and nade tossing.
2) it gives the ability to do things otherwise impossible - like blind firing and tossing a nade over the cover with minimal exposure (these 2 things are realistic abilities i always wanted to have, even if not it isn't very "proffesional" to do them in real life) and the ability to see over obstacles.
3) the cover system is exactly the same system the AI uses. only in GRAW, FEAR (and very poorly done in SWAT4) i saw enemies lean. if they take cover than it usually looks like this cover system and it's nice to have a game that i feel equal to the AI - we both suffer and enjoy the same advantages and disadvantages of our cover usage.

however the cover system doesnt work 100 percent of the time. we , sometimes, see an obstacle we would think we can attach to but it doenst work, or the angles to which u attach to round objects or thin objects isnt always what u need, so having the ability to lean could have been in here as well (though im not sure if this wouldnt imbalance the game).
leaning is not something we will see in vegas. that's for sure. too much work for a "patch" and

clec
01-10-2007, 04:27 PM
The new cover is just as good as the lean option, once you learn to use it effectively.

I use it with a sniper rifle, when you spot your target they are toast after you fire at them.

Nice feature in this game...

Nutlink.retired
01-10-2007, 05:50 PM
The cover system, while fun at first, is not great for replacing leaning. There are some things you cannot use the cover button on but would like to lean around and take a look around the corner.

I miss the fluid stance and fluid lean from RvS (for those that don't know what it is, it's something that lets you lean as much as you want and move up and down without being stuck with presets of prone, crouch, and stand.).

TheNinjaboy
01-11-2007, 01:50 AM
Originally posted by Mr.GoodWeed:
I hate leaning in pretty much every game its in, always seems to be bugs with it, or just plain doesn't work right (getting shot by elbows). Cover system owns imo.

I agree completely. So many people used bind hacks with the previous leans in RvS and it was a joke. The cover system has 3rd person but at least it seems to avoid a lot of the issues previous exploited with the old lean styles.<div class="ev_tpc_signature">

http://www.squadgames.com/images/sigs/ninjaboy_squadgames.jpg

Perseus_AWC
01-11-2007, 05:22 AM
cover system is fine, you will get used to it.

L2P

War.raM
01-11-2007, 05:24 AM
I too like the cover system, but an extra lean option would have been nice to have.

Pest_AWC
01-11-2007, 08:48 AM
Perseus_AWC Posted Thu January 11 2007 04:22 Hide Post

L2P

Feh...the TPV cover system moves the game farther away from being realistic than it needed to go. People that see me should have something exposed so that I know they are there. Granted, it was a well done point of view, but one I would prefer to turn off and go back to fluid posture and leaning.

Also give me back the fluid door opening that allows quietly opening a door while we are on the subject.

Vegas is a fun game, but not as fun as the game could have been by keeping the dozen or so things that Ravenshield had that Vegas doesn't.

Perseus_AWC
01-11-2007, 09:06 AM
Originally posted by Pest_AWC:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Perseus_AWC Posted Thu January 11 2007 04:22 Hide Post

L2P

Feh...the TPV cover system moves the game farther away from being realistic than it needed to go. People that see me should have something exposed so that I know they are there. Granted, it was a well done point of view, but one I would prefer to turn off and go back to fluid posture and leaning.

Also give me back the fluid door opening that allows quietly opening a door while we are on the subject.

Vegas is a fun game, but not as fun as the game could have been by keeping the dozen or so things that Ravenshield had that Vegas doesn't. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Meh! I love looking at meself, that alone is worth it. As far as fluid doors, well, you got me there, you can compensate by using snake cam however.

Pest_AWC
01-11-2007, 09:27 AM
Meh! I love looking at meself, that alone is worth it. As far as fluid doors, well, you got me there, you can compensate by using snake cam however.

1) Run Fraps
2) Take Screenshot in Character Creation Screen
3) Copy to Flash Drive
4) Take Flash Drive to Walgreens and get 8X10 print
5) Tape Print to side of monitor

and in regards to snake cam, it is not a substitute for fluid door opening. The door still makes noise when opened and you can't just crack it to toss a nade in or shoot with less exposure. We need both the snake cam and fluid door opening.

Perseus_AWC
01-11-2007, 09:38 AM
Originally posted by Pest_AWC:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Meh! I love looking at meself, that alone is worth it. As far as fluid doors, well, you got me there, you can compensate by using snake cam however.

1) Run Fraps
2) Take Screenshot in Character Creation Screen
3) Copy to Flash Drive
4) Take Flash Drive to Walgreens and get 8X10 print
5) Tape Print to side of monitor

and in regards to snake cam, it is not a substitute for fluid door opening. The door still makes noise when opened and you can't just crack it to toss a nade in or shoot with less exposure. We need both the snake cam and fluid door opening. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

GAH!
Fraps can't capture the moment. although, hanging a giant picture of me next to my monitor is a good idea. Now I can enjoy my likeness in real time and glance over to the pic when I am not in TPV.
True, fluid doors would be better, but snake cam makes up for some of the omissions in this game.
Perhaps, we will see some changes in future patches.

Masterplan87
01-11-2007, 11:18 AM
I didnt like the lean feature in rogue spear so I wouldnt miss it from this title. The new cover thing is dead smart and reminds me so much of the F1 feature (3rd person toggle to see around corners) in original R6 which rocked ^_^

T1mberw0lf
01-11-2007, 12:49 PM
Originally posted by Nutlink:
The cover system, while fun at first, is not great for replacing leaning. There are some things you cannot use the cover button on but would like to lean around and take a look around the corner.

I miss the fluid stance and fluid lean from RvS (for those that don't know what it is, it's something that lets you lean as much as you want and move up and down without being stuck with presets of prone, crouch, and stand.).

You can look around the corner with the cover system. You can also lean around the corner with the cover system. The only thing you can't do is manually control every tiny inch of lean around corners.

I prefer the RSV system, as you can whip around, fire, and whip back into defensive position. It just feels more like real life / airsoft / paintball (if you dont play it spamball style) to me.

admrlthrawn777
01-11-2007, 12:50 PM
Fluid door open would be nice, though I admit I didn't use it much in RvS except in singleplayer. Leaning would be cool too. I don't know if it's used by real SWAT teams or the like, but I can certainly say that when playing airsoft, leaning to the side from the waist with a pistol already sighted in is a great way to peek and pick someone before they can find cover, and you avoid that awkward turn where you have your back to them for a half second before you even see them. I don't think it would be nearly as effective in Vegas, however, because unlike RvS, the Assault Rifles aren't always 2-3 shot chest-hit-kills.

As for seeing around the corner when behind cover -- it's not terribly annoying in pubs but I know when I play matches people will camp corners like that without exposing themselves and I'll curse at Ubi's decision to include ESP in the Rainbows' arsenal...

Pest_AWC
01-11-2007, 12:57 PM
I prefer the RSV system, as you can whip around, fire, and whip back into defensive position. It just feels more like real life / airsoft / paintball (if you dont play it spamball style) to me.

I wouldn't mind the TPV if in addition to being in TPV it exposed your head while in that mode. I could accept that as a way to improve the situational awareness that a real soldier would have. I cannot accept something that lets you view around corners and over objects and not have your head exposed. It just isn't realistic and encourages strategies that would never be used in real situations.

I am all in favor of a compromise between fun and realism, but this has taken it too far away from realism and should be a server side option with the ability to lean.

tunagoblin
01-11-2007, 03:55 PM
I wouldn't mind the new cover system and all the new stuff it does.

BUT it should stayed at 1st person view all the time.

going to 3rd person view is really a disappointment. and ruins the gameplay for me.
you shouldn't be seeing around the corner unless your eye sight is directly on to them.
that is way more logical and relistic.
how come magically see around the corner because of your view becomes 3rd person be an improved feature compared to leaning?

i wouldn't say bring back the leaning function since realistically there is not a chance for them to make it happen. (since the covering is the big new feature and also leaning needs another new animation that they have to create.)

i just hope someway the covering system stays on 1st person view....