PDA

View Full Version : American Revolution and French Revolution?

tH3PatRi0Tx1776
01-26-2011, 10:35 AM
Alright, so I have been reading the forums and the argument is always wether what would be better, the American Revolution or the French Revolution. Now what if we got both? The American Revolution began on 1776 and ended somewhere around 1779? right? correct me if I'm wrong. Now the French Revolution began around 1782? again, correct me if I'm wrong. What I'm trying to get at is, what if we started at the American Revolution and then went to France for the French Revolution? or from the American Revolution, go down to the Mayan Temples and find a message to go to France and start the Revolution? or something along those lines. Now think about it, that would open a lot of different types of missions and also add variety in the locations and maybe even weather? Just think about it and let me know what you think.

ThaWhistle
01-26-2011, 10:38 AM
american 1776-1781(1783, technically with the war ending through the treaty of paris)

french revolution 1789-1799

kriegerdesgottes
01-26-2011, 11:42 AM
sure if they had more than 10 months to make it that would be great. and by more than 10 months I mean like three years, especially being between two continents. However I would be just as happy if not more so with just the French Revolution. Because we all know we aren't going to get a three year development cycle from the big wigs at Ubisoft so I'm casting my vote once again for French Revolution.

beatledude210
01-27-2011, 07:40 PM
I agree, both can be easily interpreted with the Assassin's and Templar's. The only problem would be that players would want to free roam both countries and traveling back in forth would be sort of unrealistic, but i would really like to see both settings, you would see some way cool cities and areas.

jzsnyder
01-28-2011, 05:09 PM
the american revolution is pretty lame, I must admit (I'm american http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif) so I would have to go with the FR...

tH3PatRi0Tx1776
01-28-2011, 05:40 PM
Originally posted by jacobbsny10:
the american revolution is pretty lame, I must admit (I'm american http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif) so I would have to go with the FR...
Really? I find the American Revolution pretty interesting (I'm American also) especially because it is basically the first revolution ever and it also introduced guerrilla warfare too, the British often complained about it. But everyone has the right to their own opinion http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

jzsnyder
01-28-2011, 06:55 PM
Originally posted by geomart:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by jacobbsny10:
Really? I find the American Revolution pretty interesting (I'm American also) especially because it is basically the first revolution ever and it also introduced guerrilla warfare too, the British often complained about it. But everyone has the right to their own opinion http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm not saying it's bad, just that the french revolution is better, lot's of beheading there. However, the American revolution was definitely NOT the first revolution. sorry for sound like such a d**k though http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

kriegerdesgottes
01-28-2011, 08:13 PM
Yeah it wasn't even close to the first revolution but it wouldn't really work that well. It sounds great and everything but the country was pretty well undeveloped still. Sure there were a couple cities established at the times but how much cooler would it be to be in Paris France or Versailles where there is tons of underground secret tunnels and lots of history. I would rather they focus on that. I won't even go into the awesome stuff invented at the time by French men.

jzsnyder
01-28-2011, 08:29 PM
Originally posted by kriegerdesgotte:
Yeah it wasn't even close to the first revolution but it wouldn't really work that well. It sounds great and everything but the country was pretty well undeveloped still. Sure there were a couple cities established at the times but how much cooler would it be to be in Paris France or Versailles where there is tons of underground secret tunnels and lots of history. I would rather they focus on that. I won't even go into the awesome stuff invented at the time by French men.

Don't forget beheading http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

vampirelock
01-28-2011, 10:08 PM
Hehehehe. Bring in free masonry while your at it Just for the lulz have a scene where you see the founding fathers of america doing some mason ritual

ThaWhistle
01-28-2011, 10:51 PM
Originally posted by kriegerdesgotte:

ben franklin would easily fill the role of new leonardo in the US. and there actually were alot of underground structures in the early cities. Philadelphia was one of the first cities in centuries to have a sewer system.

tH3PatRi0Tx1776
01-29-2011, 12:28 AM
so I have noticed that some of you have turned this into a ''American Revolution vs French Revolution'' thread, but that's not what I meant by my original post. I was saying if that wouldn't it be awesome if we had both the American Revolution and French Revolution in AC3. Please read before you comment. This is possible because the gap between both Revolutions is roughly 6 years, which means the ancestor could travel to France after the American Revolution and we can even have some missions during the travel? Especially because the English navy we're basically like Pirates at that time, so the ancestor would have to defend the Assassin ship or something like that. The ancestor would probably return back to America after he's done in France to go to the Mayan Temples since that is probably the memory they will probably want to access with Desmond

DavisP92
01-29-2011, 07:53 AM
That would be interesting, but I wouldn't want that. Instead do something like splinter cell conviction. Have a single-player story whereever (France, London, or America) i'd rather have France or London. Too many games out with the main location being america. Then have a co-op story that is in a differen't location then the single-player. maybe (Egypt, or Japan)

OniLinkSword
01-30-2011, 05:31 AM
Hehe, I remember bringing up the American Revolution in the AC3 thread a long time ago. Some people may think the American Revolution's boring or bad, but the American founding fathers were sneaky SOBs. Here's an intresting read (https://www.cia.gov/library/center-for-the-study-of-intelligence/csi-publications/books-and-monographs/the-founding-fathers-of-american-intelligence/art-1.html) on the subject. Also, like what geomart said, covert operations were key during the war. Dr. Haha Lung has a good example (Albeit a bit romanticised) in his book Knights of Darkness (http://www.amazon.com/Knights-Darkness-Secrets-Deadliest-Fighters/dp/0806526181/) (it starts on pg 21 if you are interested).

Anyway, there was a reason I recommended the American Revolution is that it has a bunch of sneaky goodies that would play very well into an Assassin's Creed game and storyline. I also know Ubisoft can do something 100 times better than the movie National Treasure.

beatledude210
01-30-2011, 11:28 AM
Also, many people say that there is no chance of ac3 taking place in the American Revolution because the Phygrian cap (sorry if i spelled it wrong) is only on a coin. However, that is incorrect. It appears on quite a few U.S Seals, one of them is the War Office seal with the words "We Shall Defend " Under it. So there is a 50/50 chance. Either American Or French. However i agree with Geomart. I think it should take place in both. The only problem would be travel. Going back and forth from two different countries would be kind of unrealistic if it was like a fast travel station. But i bet ubisoft could come up with something. But i would like to see the two Revolutions. There was so much rich conspiracy, covert events, and secrets that went on in both Wars, that the assassin's and templars could be fit in without a problem. And yeah, Europe cities were alot bigger, but New york City had about 78,000 people in 1799, Philadelphia had 41,000 in the same year, and Boston had like 24,000. Now that's not as Much As Paris or London, but that's not bad. They'd be about the same size or bigger than cities from Ac1, and people were alright with those cities. And then you have all the country side and farmland to explore also in America. And then there would be cities like London and Paris, so we could still have huge cities. Sorry if this was too long, just saying why i would like both settings.

TorQue1988
01-30-2011, 12:05 PM
Originally posted by beatledude210:
Also, many people say that there is no chance of ac3 taking place in the American Revolution because the Phygrian cap (sorry if i spelled it wrong) is only on a coin. However, that is incorrect. It appears on quite a few U.S Seals, one of them is the War Office seal with the words "We Shall Defend " Under it. So there is a 50/50 chance. Either American Or French. However i agree with Geomart. I think it should take place in both. The only problem would be travel. Going back and forth from two different countries would be kind of unrealistic if it was like a fast travel station. But i bet ubisoft could come up with something. But i would like to see the two Revolutions. There was so much rich conspiracy, covert events, and secrets that went on in both Wars, that the assassin's and templars could be fit in without a problem. And yeah, Europe cities were alot bigger, but New york City had about 78,000 people in 1799, Philadelphia had 41,000 in the same year, and Boston had like 24,000. Now that's not as Much As Paris or London, but that's not bad. They'd be about the same size or bigger than cities from Ac1, and people were alright with those cities. And then you have all the country side and farmland to explore also in America. And then there would be cities like London and Paris, so we could still have huge cities. Sorry if this was too long, just saying why i would like both settings.
Only one problem...London isn't in any of the two settings(but it would be nice to see America ,France and England in the same game)....i would also like these settings and maybe call it Assassin's Creed :Revolutions

Black_Widow9
01-30-2011, 01:17 PM
Please post this here-
Assassin's Creed 3 (and beyond) #2.0 (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5251069024/m/6831010868)
Thanks http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

<span class="ev_code_red">Topic Closed</span>