PDA

View Full Version : DGen route plotting.

BH-21
11-23-2004, 04:28 PM
Is there anyway to make DGen not plot mission routes repeatedly over every flak unit on the map. It consistently plots approach courses and exit courses from targets over the worst flak areas.

Also at higher ranks in the squadron could one edit the waypoints and altitudes. (I know wishful thinking on this one, but it would be a nice touch.)

BH-21
11-23-2004, 04:28 PM
Is there anyway to make DGen not plot mission routes repeatedly over every flak unit on the map. It consistently plots approach courses and exit courses from targets over the worst flak areas.

Also at higher ranks in the squadron could one edit the waypoints and altitudes. (I know wishful thinking on this one, but it would be a nice touch.)

BH-21
11-25-2004, 07:50 AM
Bump.

No DGen wizards had any input on this.

ZG77_Lignite
11-25-2004, 11:52 AM
One of the improvements to Dgen was supposed to have addressed this very issue, and in my experience has. Remember that Dgen does not place significant enemy activity outside of your 'flight path', so if it seems that flying around the waypoints is easier, it is artificially so, due to the fact that most (if not all) PC's can handle entire maps full of realistically placed ground forces.

Regarding the second idea, I suppose its unlikely with regards to Dgen, however there is a 'generator' called Scorched Earth (do a search at SimHQ.com forums) that does incorporate this, as well as many advanced 'dynamic' enhancements to creating campaigns. So far I have not had the time (or smarts) to get it running, but I believe it is available for use.

BH-21
11-26-2004, 08:04 AM
Thanks Lignite.

I understand about the object thingy. Try flying a New Guinea campaign with a bomber and see how many times it plots your course right over every Japanese airfield and flak gun going in and coming out.