PDA

View Full Version : Lots of complaints

U-551 Kapitan
01-16-2005, 03:36 PM
As of the time of posting, there are 13 threads dedicated to complaints towards the dev team on the first page only, mainly due to the lack of updates and fears of a dalyed release. Now doesn't that say something about the dev team? It's amazing that the dev team has done so much to deserve 13 threads on this subject, but I think they do deserve them. These forums at this time are going unmoderated and we have gotten no word for .... well, I've forgotten the last time we got word of updates. They should be ashamed of themselves if they cannot tell us things, even if it's just a small piece of information, there would not be this hectic and hostile ground we are fighting on right now. Now, I wonder how much complaints I'm going to get for this thread?

flyingdane
01-16-2005, 03:45 PM
Hope your wearing a bullit proof vest Kapitan you may need it http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/59.gif

Mix-Martes86
01-16-2005, 03:47 PM
First one, mine. I don't understand how is it possible that most of the users of this forum complained about the "Spanish SH3 spam" and now these users allow this non-sense and widespread panic no-updates and release delay spam. I'm seriously considering telling my mates to fill the forum with spanish threads. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif
There are even more threads on the subject than the Spanish-created ones. The only ones that should be ashamed should be the ones who only complaint and don't contribute. If this was the German forum, there wouldn't be a noticeable spam at all.

U-551 Kapitan
01-16-2005, 03:52 PM
Spanish spam? Did I miss that or something?

Mix-Martes86
01-16-2005, 03:59 PM
I don't remember if you were present, but of course there was an active participation of Spanish members, that you can see in the "Where are you from?" thread by RedTerex. And of course the people started to dislike our protests. With the time we stopped it here, ready to do it again when needed.

The guys should be happy about delays, more time to improve the game, but for me, rare that it happened twice for this game, considering the status it seems to be at.

About the updates, they could have done as many other teams: just do their job, and provide us with updates only when there is not many time left to release and in a very few number.

U-551 Kapitan
01-16-2005, 04:01 PM
http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_confused.gif What were you protesting about?

SailorSteve
01-16-2005, 04:05 PM
Don't fall for it, Martes. U-551 Kapitan was here, and he knows exactly what you're talking about. He just likes to blast people for doing the same things he does.

U-551 Kapitan
01-16-2005, 04:07 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SailorSteve:
Don't fall for it, Martes. U-551 Kapitan was here, and he knows exactly what you're talking about. He just likes to blast people for doing the same things he does. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I genuinely have no idea about these spanish posts. If you want, check back at whenever they were around and see if I have any posts around that time. I was not on these forums from mid-september to christmas. Check I wasn't there and you'll find I haven't posted in that timeframe.

Mix-Martes86
01-16-2005, 04:08 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SailorSteve:
Don't fall for it, Martes. U-551 Kapitan was here, and he knows exactly what you're talking about. He just likes to blast people for doing the same things he does. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, it seemed me strange because he registered before we started all that, so I was about to search his posts.

HeibgesU999
01-16-2005, 04:14 PM
they should be charged with sedition,and sent to the Russian Front.

U-551 Kapitan
01-16-2005, 04:19 PM
I really want to know why I'm being accused of something I didn't do (one of the rare occasions I haven't actually done anything)

Mix-Martes86
01-16-2005, 04:40 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by U-551 Kapitan:
I genuinely have no idea about these spanish posts. If you want, check back at whenever they were around and see if I have any posts around that time. I was not on these forums from mid-september to christmas. Check I wasn't there and you'll find I haven't posted in that timeframe. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Quite strange, only 20 matches being the first one from 9th January. Ok. This will also help the guys who weren't here.

The Spanish community wants a SH3 in Spanish (at least texts and printed manual) and we asked Ubi, but we didn't get definitive answers and time was running out (we offered ourselves to translate it for free), so we made some protests everywhere we could, and here was where we hit harder. But the guys started to get pissed, and even made stupid threads against our reivindication. Then, we stopped it till we decided to start again.
And that's why I complain. Lots of people complaining in a spam form when we (the Spanish-speaking community) were flamed for posting here our protests in Spanish.

BigDaz
01-16-2005, 04:41 PM
The dev team develop the game, that's pretty much where their responsibilities end. Public relations including this website and forum are the publishers job.

U-551 Kapitan
01-17-2005, 09:06 AM
OK, finally, I get an answer. I don't understand how I'm being accused of trying to make the situation worse, I have absoltuely no recollection of these threads (if they were here when I was around, I must have ignored them). But thank you for your answer.
If you think about it, I like to get involved in heated debates and if I was around these threads, I would have certainly posted. I guess I missed out http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif but I don't see what is wrong with having spanish speech. I think you were quite right to do such a thing, the dev team can't just simply ignore a whole country.