PDA

View Full Version : why need desmond

thecreedsblood2
07-15-2009, 01:30 PM
one thing that hit my mind why need desmond on one the first one they needed the map to get the pease of eden but why need him now

ThePheonix1030
07-15-2009, 01:33 PM
Because Ezio is also Desmond's ancestor. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif

yooz teh find buton nex time.

thecreedsblood2
07-15-2009, 01:35 PM
i know but why need ezio what does the have to do with the pease of eden italy has nothing to to do with the pease of eden the holy does but italy???

Captain Tomatoz
07-15-2009, 01:45 PM
because lucy saved him by sayin that the templars may still need him and they obv do since hes in ac2

and also wait and see when the game comes out and it will b answered

thecreedsblood2
07-15-2009, 01:47 PM
i know but why need his ansecters memorys???????????????????????????????

Captain Tomatoz
07-15-2009, 01:50 PM
no one knows yet cos hardly anything has been released about the story in ac2

caswallawn_2k7
07-15-2009, 02:12 PM
they said in AC2 he would be helping the assassins, so the templars may not be controling the animus.

godsmack_darius
07-15-2009, 04:03 PM
Because maybe their is something in the Altairs Codex that Abstergo/Templars want to know

thecreedsblood2
07-15-2009, 04:27 PM
what codes

UchihaKarasu
07-15-2009, 04:32 PM
The Codex Altair wrote.

thecreedsblood2
07-15-2009, 04:33 PM
he wrote codes did i miss something

Tela
07-15-2009, 04:39 PM
Originally posted by thecreedsblood2:
he wrote codes did i miss something

Altair wrote a codex, and in AC2 Davinci(I think...) gives it to Ezio. >_>

thecreedsblood2
07-15-2009, 04:42 PM
was it the codez that desmond sees above the bed.

EmperorxZurg
07-15-2009, 04:45 PM
no it was a book that Altair wrote and got passed down the generations until Davinci got it who passes it on to Ezio and that's how he learns how to be an assassin

thecreedsblood2
07-15-2009, 04:49 PM
was it in the game???

EmperorxZurg
07-15-2009, 04:51 PM
no they just released the info about it for AC2

thecreedsblood2
07-15-2009, 04:54 PM
oh so its like the assassins diary kind of like the assassin killed abe lincoln

EmperorxZurg
07-15-2009, 04:56 PM
Sorta, Altair wrote it after AC1 I think, and used it as a manual so the teachings and stuff wouldn't be forgotten, I believe it says so on the Xbox live marketplace description of it

godsmack_darius
07-15-2009, 04:58 PM
I think he finds finds it in a library sort of thing, I forgot what Ubisoft said bout it

thecreedsblood2
07-15-2009, 04:59 PM
do you or anyone knows whts altair wrote

EmperorxZurg
07-15-2009, 04:59 PM
ya i just know Ezio found it written by Altair I forget if someone gives it to him or if he just finds on the floor in a basement lol

SWJS
07-16-2009, 01:50 AM
After the events of AC1 Altair became the leader of the Hashashin and wrote a codex, which is a set of codes, rules, regulations, and traditions, to preserve the teachings and the ways of the brotherhood.

If you have seen Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End, then the pirate code Jack's father brings out in the Bretheren Court is the perfect example for a Codex in general.

On an unrelated note; in computer terms, a codex is a set of data used for reading other types of data, i.e. an audio codex would be required for reading .wma files.

Account_Deleted
07-16-2009, 02:00 AM
ohkay i'm gonna trry to have a rant here..
1)
Codez ani't Codex
ko-dex not ko-diz

2) The codex is like a manule or a instrustion booklet all about the hassassinh and a large dairy of events

3)if you got anymore question write them down, and until you have like 5 questions,
don't post them all in seperate thread and when you do have 5 ask them all in the same thread

SWJS
07-16-2009, 02:08 AM
Originally posted by Account_Deleted:
ohkay i'm gonna trry to have a rant here..
1)
Codez ani't Codex
ko-dex not ko-diz

2) The codex is like a manule or a instrustion booklet all about the hassassinh and a large dairy of events

3)if you got anymore question write them down, and until you have like 5 questions,
don't post them all in seperate threadsand whem you do have 5 ask them all in the same thread Also, don't spam a post with question marks. Adding billions of them on doesn't make it anymore of a question, it's just annoying and distorts the page, and it also makes you look immature, which is not Good Eats.

And PLEASE use punctuation and correct spelling. Half the time I can barely understand your questions because nearly every word is mispelled.

and, like Account_Deleted so kindly pointed out, don't spam the forum with endless question threads. When you have a question, write it down or ask in in the question thread, and if you must, post several questions in one thread instead of posting each question in multiple seperate threads.

nikkoforrest
07-16-2009, 03:01 AM
Ye what he said. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif
Does anyone else feel desmond was a waste of time and gamepley. I think i would rather have pretended I WAS the assassin in the crusades and I WAS the assassin in the Italian Renissance.
Not some stupid kid who sits on a coffee table.
I hate Desmond for that.

SharkMRX
07-16-2009, 04:07 AM
Ye what he said.
Does anyone else feel desmond was a waste of time and gamepley. I think i would rather have pretended I WAS the assassin in the crusades and I WAS the assassin in the Italian Renissance.
I hate Desmond for that.

No i liked Desmond because of him you came a lot to know about the assassins. The only thing i really hated about him was the walking.

About the why do we need desmond and Ezio thing
I think Ezio has maybe found a peace of Eden and Abstergo needs to find out were or something like that

godsmack_darius
07-16-2009, 06:31 AM
Originally posted by SharkMRX:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Ye what he said.
I hate Desmond for that.

No i liked Desmond because of him you came a lot to know about the assassins. The only thing i really hated about him was the walking.

About the why do we need desmond and Ezio thing
I think Ezio has maybe found a peace of Eden and Abstergo needs to find out were or something like that </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I doubt it dude, they already have the information they want, meaning they already know were they all are.

And without Desmond, we wouldnt have Altair we wont be hearing of Ezio or Altair unless we leaved in his life time http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Grandmaster_Z
07-16-2009, 07:02 AM
they needed desmond so they could split up the citys into 3 sections and so you couldnt explore the entire city from the very beginning..

Account_Deleted
07-16-2009, 07:06 AM
Desmond is the main charactar,
i reckon they couldn't make Desmond's background a mystery,
so they Filled in Desmond and let Altair as a mystery,
so Desmonn hold everything together

godsmack_darius
07-16-2009, 07:15 AM
And because Desmond is Bad-*** as well.

NoxieDC
07-16-2009, 07:29 AM
All of the above: theories!

Truth: we don't know. He's the overarching link and another layer to the story.

Realjambo
07-16-2009, 07:37 AM
Originally posted by godsmack_darius:
And because Desmond is Bad-*** as well.

One day, the auto censor is gonna send you a BIG bill, godsmack!

Better start saving those pennies...

godsmack_darius
07-16-2009, 07:41 AM
The band Godsmack is rich they can afford it :P

and Sorry Jambo, it wont happen again

@NoxieDC Isnt all of Assassins Creed based on Theories?

NoxieDC
07-16-2009, 07:51 AM
@NoxieDC Isnt all of Assassins Creed based on Theories?
Yo momma is a theory. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif

godsmack_darius
07-16-2009, 08:05 AM
My mum died when I was two...

Lol just kidding, leave my mum outta this http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif

And I just prooved you WRONG :P

NoxieDC
07-16-2009, 08:14 AM
*tactically ignores the first bits*

And I just prooved you WRONG :P
Every theory has a grain of truth. Would you like some fries with your handed ***? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

godsmack_darius
07-16-2009, 08:18 AM
And that is true, unless the theory is made up, but that truth doesnt have to lead to the actual, truth, it can just open up ideas leading to that truth which will eventually lead you too the real truth from the original truth that wasnt true at all, but somehow lead you too the truth http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

No, I would love a Coke though, http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/34.gif

Xanatos2007
07-16-2009, 08:56 AM
Nothing is true, everything is permitted.

godsmack_darius
07-16-2009, 09:13 AM
...Exactly

Danvish
07-16-2009, 09:19 AM
Originally posted by Xanatos2007:
Nothing is true, everything is permitted.

lol, damn you Xanatos, I read their posts and I was about to press on the reply to write "Nothing is true..." and you ruined it to me!!

Xanatos2007
07-16-2009, 10:12 AM
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/34.gif

Anyway, you think Desmond will have his hood up in ACII? It'd be cool if it had an eagle beak like Altair's & Ezio's hoods.

Danvish
07-16-2009, 10:22 AM
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/34.gif

Anyway, you think Desmond will have his hood up in ACII? It'd be cool if it had an eagle beak like Altair's & Ezio's hoods.

Erm, I'm pretty sure I've answered this question in another topic just 10 minutes ago... but anyway... as I've said, the whole hood thing is a complete Ceremony of the assassins :P Only when you become an official assassin, they grant you a shirt with a hood, so you'll look badass and sexy http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

EmperorxZurg
07-16-2009, 10:26 AM
not sure that's the real reason but, hey who knows?

Danvish
07-16-2009, 10:33 AM
Originally posted by d1sturbedme_468:
not sure that's the real reason but, hey who knows?

We're using 2 threads for no reason, let's discuss it in here: http://forums.ubi.com/eve/foru...024/m/9451069177/p/2 (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5251069024/m/9451069177/p/2)

Xanatos2007
07-16-2009, 10:36 AM
I posted it in two threads because there are some people (myself included) that ignore certain threads and it didn't seem worth it to create a new one.

Danvish
07-16-2009, 10:38 AM
I posted it in two threads because there are some people (myself included) that ignore certain threads and it didn't seem worth it to create a new one.

That's cool mate, no harm done, but since it kicked up a new discussion, might as well focus on one thread instead of two.

obliviondoll
07-17-2009, 01:51 AM
Originally posted by EzioTheAssassin:
On an unrelated note; in computer terms, a codex is a set of data used for reading other types of data, i.e. an audio codex would be required for reading .wma files.
Actually, that one is "codec" not "codex."

The rest of your post was good though.

And there's info on the codex in the PSP "Bloodlines" game when it comes out.

Stormpen
07-17-2009, 04:56 AM
And there's info on the codex in the PSP "Bloodlines" game when it comes out.

Oh good.

Danvish
07-17-2009, 09:08 AM
Now only to get a PSP...

Edengoth
07-25-2009, 03:36 PM
i know but why need ezio what does the have to do with the pease of eden italy has nothing to to do with the pease of eden the holy does but italy???

...the piece of eden has to do with only the holy land? I'm sorry, were you not paying any attention during AC1? The last memory shows a map of the pieces of eden scattered across the globe. Also, Lucy tells Desmond that the one at Masyaf was destroyed and that's why they need his memory (of the map) to find others.

Also, after you're out of your last memory and they're about to kill Desmond, Lucy insists he could be helpful to make sure they're not walking into a trap when the collect the pieces. So if they collect one from Italy, they would need Desmond's memory of Ezio to make sure they can actually retrieve the Piece there, or another artifact.

ameerreb
07-26-2009, 02:06 AM
omg plzzz someone reply and answer my questions cuz im beating my head and wishing i never played ac1 (no not realli i love the game)

ok first of all. what the hell vidic and lucy and the whole company are templars?
second i though lucy was a assassin cuz her ring finger is missing too
thirdly plzz tell me what the piece of eden is because iv got hearing problems and the game doesn't have subtitles

someone plzz reply im dying here specially the templar parts

Ps3Ownzu1243
07-26-2009, 02:24 AM
i think i heard someone say that desmond is helping the assassin's this time. but yes ezio is desmond's ancestor as well =/

Edengoth
07-26-2009, 03:21 AM
Originally posted by ameerreb:
omg plzzz someone reply and answer my questions cuz im beating my head and wishing i never played ac1 (no not realli i love the game)

ok first of all. what the hell vidic and lucy and the whole company are templars?
second i though lucy was a assassin cuz her ring finger is missing too
thirdly plzz tell me what the piece of eden is because iv got hearing problems and the game doesn't have subtitles

someone plzz reply im dying here specially the templar parts

Ok, let me see if I can sum it up for ya.
As I understand it, Lucy says that the fight in the past between Altair and the 9 targets (who are all secretly Templars...except for Robert cuz that's not secret, but he is still a Templar) never finished. That the Templars and the Assassins continued on in other forms with the same ideals, fighting each other, the assassin's for total freedom, templars for total control. The templars are not a part of the crusader army as they would have everyone believe, but are their own group with their own very ambitious goals of making a better world by force.

Desmond was raised by modern-day assassins, and is of an assassin family (hence the genetic memories). Abstergo is secretly one of the many many companies of the modern-day templars, who have clearly been a lot more successful than the assassins. Vidic is a templar, and as such is one of the higher-ups at abstergo.

Lucy is not missing a finger. She bends it down to indicate to desmond that she is secretly with the assassins (desmond would recognize this sign because the crusades-era assassins had removed fingers and he had spent the past few days reliving the crusades).
Lucy was never a templar, but just an abstergo employee that has had it explained to her that the knights templar own the company and what their goals are.

The piece of eden creates illusions and is responsible for all the world's beliefs in religious miracles. In AC, gods are false. The piece of eden is used to control anyone who looks at it.
There are many pieces of eden (all shown on the holographic globe at the end).
The modern-day templars intend to use it with satellite technology to control everyone in the world, to make a better world.
They need desmond's memories to find one that works, because the one Al Mualim had was destroyed in the "accident" in Denver.
The modern-day templars also want to collect all of them, presumably so no one can use them to fight back the global mind-control.

It's kinda of a mind-screw, isn't it?

MrNussbaum
07-26-2009, 08:01 AM
Originally posted by Ps3Ownzu1243:
i think i heard someone say that desmond is helping the assassin's this time. but yes ezio is desmond's ancestor as well =/

That would be very interesting.

Niles1978
10-05-2009, 06:56 PM

I'm absolutely sure Desmond will put his hood up in AC2 or AC3 and turn out to be just as skilled an assassin as his ancestors!!! Let's be honest: what do we know for sure about Desmond? All we know is what he told his capters; The Doc & Lucy. (and what they told him) Desmond said "I'm just a bartender!" as Altair would say "I'm just a monk!" http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif
What was that thing they said about the creed? Something about using stealth and desception, not revealing your true nature or the existence of the other assassins, until you can strike the fatal blow? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

I've discovered a historical link between the crusade and the Pazzi-Family in Florence. A crusader named Pazzo (who started the Pazzi-Family) returned from the first crusade with a stone from the Basilica of the Holy Sepulchre. It wouldn't suprise me they used that in AC2.

OSnailsO
10-05-2009, 07:03 PM
I'm pretty sure no one will tell us why Desmond's ancestors come to play until after the next one is made... We might just have to figure it out ourselves instead of making these threads...

killermoneytree
10-06-2009, 02:16 AM
ummmm....just to let you know...you are all wrong why desmond is alive...if you hear lucy in the first one properly she sais "wait, we should keep him alive ...just in case we run into any troubles with getting the peace of eden" or around that(i havent played it in ages. so that would only buy him a little bit of time. till they found one. all they need desmond for is the peace of eden and the have a MAP to them. also if you think that maybe they are just keeping alive for fun or something well...you also wrong. if you wanna know why he is alive....and alot of other things go on this site and read the thing there. -WARNING- this is a really big spoiler, read it at your own risk...dont worry about the video, just the letter thing...whateverhttp://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gifSpoiler (http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=224320)

gauto
10-06-2009, 02:39 AM
one thing that hit my mind why need desmond on one the first one they needed the map to get the pease of eden but why need him now

For AC2 to have a storyline! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Br0n0
10-06-2009, 02:55 AM

the games arent about the peace of eaden there all about the templars, thats how they are linked

Account_Deleted
10-06-2009, 03:07 AM
this thread is a zombie,
we should make a rule.
threads longer then 6 months or atleast are outta use and they can start new ones

z0nnebril
10-06-2009, 12:25 PM

I think this is one of the dumbest questions ever! come on ... the whole game is about Desmond and his ancestors http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif