PDA

View Full Version : About IJN fighter campaign

SonOfTheBeach69
10-29-2004, 05:42 AM
I gave a try for the Japanese navy fighter career and found it extremely diffcult compared to USN fighter campaign. The A6M2 seems to be no match for a F4Fs, even though in object viewer quite the opposite is stated.

Last night I even found myself losing a turnfight with a SBD! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif Lucily a wingie came to help just in time. When I ran out of ammo and was heading home, those darn SBDs came after me, caught me and shot me into a fireball before I could do a thing. This seems a bit obscure to me.

Also when flying on USN side, the Zekes are merely cannonfodder for F4F.

Anyone else noticed this?

BluesmanSF
10-29-2004, 06:33 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Also when flying on USN side, the Zekes are merely cannonfodder for F4F.

Anyone else noticed this?
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hi! Yes I have indeed noticed this. I have played the USN campaign, and so far I have shot down 82 planes in 30 missions. Over half of them are Zekes. And many times I have just lined up on Zeke formation, which flies perfectly straigh and level, and after I have shot down like 3 of them, someone starts to slowly turn, which is still easy to shoot down..

But on those missions where there's like 30 Zekes, Vals, Bettys etc, I have ever played such hectic missions. There's always enemy somewhere near you to be shot down, or to be evaded.. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Cheers!

Jieitai_Tsunami
10-29-2004, 08:05 AM
I'm quite annoyed by USN aircraft performance. The wildcat looses no speed and even gains speed when ever it can.

I've been out turned by USN fighter many times and out turned AI zeros my self.

I have heard it was true these aircraft were that manoeuvrable but there is some serious problem with the amount of Gs these aircraft can pull at the moment.

On the other hand the zero has a bad habit of stalling, always at the same side and in the same way when it would normally be one of the most stable aircraft in this game.

Negative G prone engines are also unhistorical and frustrating http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif..

MK2aw
10-29-2004, 08:07 AM
Try the new DGEN 3.11 it fixes the Japanese weak AI.

It is stickied in the discussion forum of IL2-FB

You can also add this line to your conf.ini file:

CampaignDifficulty=hard.

And that will take care of the weak Japanese AI.

Mk2aw

Drone
10-29-2004, 09:00 AM
Hmmm I'm running a USN campaign using a F4F and we jumped a bunch of A6m2 we got a couplpe of them but the rest just keep flying away from us.. We couldn't catch them.. So we ended up returning to the Lex.

Hella fun

Lex_Paxter
10-29-2004, 09:28 AM
yep, i`ve tried this new generator campaign and it is still not ok, the zekes were flying with the open canopies on the straight line, also during my campaign i met only zekes(flying on straight line), that`s boring,

dragonhart38
10-29-2004, 10:28 AM
Guys. you would say Pacific fighters is worth the coin?

Rebel_Yell_21
10-29-2004, 10:39 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by dragonhart38:
Guys. you would say Pacific fighters is worth the coin? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Absolutely. Just the like original IL-2, PF has so much more coming, in addition to what you get right this second. If you like ANYTHING about the Pacific Theater Air War, buy it. 'Nuff said.

JG53Frankyboy
10-29-2004, 10:44 AM
well, US combat tests with captured Model21 (Sakae12 engine) are all saying that its engine cuts in negG manouvers. there fore it is modelled in PF 3.0 . if the way is correct, well, that game is not perfect and the code has its restrictions !

and after the next patch the Model21 should be a little bit faster at its alt 4500m - we will see.
but hell yes, i was also outmanouverd by Wildcats, but only at high speed , than you have no chance to follwo him in a Reisen.