PDA

View Full Version : Disappearing aircraft

XyZspineZyX
08-15-2003, 08:02 PM
I think it's really irritating that landed and shot down aircraft disappear so early after the patch. I know it happened in the original FB, but at least it took like an hour to happen.

It takes away from the immersion when a plane lands, taxis to the side, and just disappears. I like to imagine that a crash-landed Kraut plane gets salvaged or something, or eventually burns up, but this is just unrealistic.

>>K

XyZspineZyX
08-15-2003, 08:02 PM
I think it's really irritating that landed and shot down aircraft disappear so early after the patch. I know it happened in the original FB, but at least it took like an hour to happen.

It takes away from the immersion when a plane lands, taxis to the side, and just disappears. I like to imagine that a crash-landed Kraut plane gets salvaged or something, or eventually burns up, but this is just unrealistic.

>>K

XyZspineZyX
08-15-2003, 09:02 PM
I agree that it's unrealistic in a supposed "simulation"
for planes to just disappear. They strive for realism in most ways but regress in other ways. They did it to help
with frame rates, the idea being that the fewer planes, the better the frames. Well if you start a mission with 16 fighter, bombers and such, and your frames are ok at the start, then leaving all those landed or crash landed planes visible should not hurt. Most of us are smart enough to not fly in an environment with too many planes in the first place. And we edit our conf.ini file accordingly. So they should just leave the planes where they are. They aren't doing us such a favour after all. Not when they allow unrealism in a simulation, where the word "simulation" connotes realism, or at least as much as possible. At least that's what I think.

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin - 1755

"Who cares about essential liberty? What essential liberty? Well wait
'til Patriot act II, we'll see about your precious liberties!!" John Ashcroft - 2003

XyZspineZyX
08-16-2003, 08:14 AM
IMHO the Ai should stay a little long after landing,I was in a coop last nite and after we had destroyed all airborn targets we went to the enemy base to find it empty.

No1RAAF_Pourshot

http://members.optusnet.com.au/~andycarroll68/CAC-15.jpg

How many people think this is a p-51/i/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif