PDA

View Full Version : Planes dissapear.

bchivers3377
07-22-2006, 10:07 PM
The letters that follow a plane around are dissapearing and reappearing which makes the plane impossible to see unless you are right on top of them.

bchivers3377
07-22-2006, 10:07 PM
The letters that follow a plane around are dissapearing and reappearing which makes the plane impossible to see unless you are right on top of them.

VW-IceFire
07-22-2006, 10:08 PM
Use OpenGL mode instead of Direct3D. D3D is just a wrapper for OpenGL which is what the game engine understands natively (OpenGL that is). As such D3D has some bugs.

bchivers3377
07-23-2006, 03:17 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by VW-IceFire:
Use OpenGL mode instead of Direct3D. D3D is just a wrapper for OpenGL which is what the game engine understands natively (OpenGL that is). As such D3D has some bugs. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Yep, had it set on Directx, will try it later and see how it does. Now if I could only stop or limit the amount of flak I would be all set. Thanks for the tip.

M2morris
07-23-2006, 07:03 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by bchivers3377:
The letters that follow a plane around are dissapearing and reappearing which makes the plane impossible to see unless you are right on top of them. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I never use aircraft labels because I fly offline, and I am always flying alone, and I know that any little dot will be the enemy.
I am afraid to start online IL2 because I don't have the time, and I know the addiction it causes(Seeing the sun rise through the window was my clue that I had been flying for too long at nite while on Janes WW2)
Yes... I am a recovering Jane'saholic, I have started a 12 step program, and I am doing fine, and off-line IL2 may not be a good influence, but it seems harmless, at least for now.
But back to the topic; I say heck with aircraft labels, try not to use them if you can. Just go with realism and get used to it.

bchivers3377
07-24-2006, 08:39 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by VW-IceFire:
Use OpenGL mode instead of Direct3D. D3D is just a wrapper for OpenGL which is what the game engine understands natively (OpenGL that is). As such D3D has some bugs. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Tried it last night and that did the trick, thanks.