PDA

View Full Version : Install question FB+Aep+FB.

inciense
01-15-2006, 04:24 PM
what s this? a friend says, to play in the server, u need to choose FB+Aep+FB. while installing pacific fighters

inciense
01-15-2006, 04:24 PM
what s this? a friend says, to play in the server, u need to choose FB+Aep+FB. while installing pacific fighters

Taylortony
01-15-2006, 05:50 PM
Ok to get the full merged version of the game you need FB plus AEP plus PF ( Pacific Fighters) that is what most have and most games are online....... To fly the Mustang you just need FB and AEP with all of the patches, but of course you will be limited to online games.... as as said everyone tends to have all three games merged................ if you have FB and aep already when you go to install PF it asks you whether you want to do a merged install or a standalone, to get all 3 you need the merged, but as said you need them already on your PC if you have all 3 of them and install it then u need to patch the merged group up to the latest version....................

you can get FB and AEP as a gold pack ( both in one box)

there are PF on its own games on line....just not very many

Tully__
01-15-2006, 10:06 PM
Pacific Fighters is the last in a series of 4 releases by 1C:Maddox that use the same core game engine. Most online games require a combined installation of the last three in the series. The whole series is:

<span class="ev_code_yellow">IL2 Sturmovik</span>: A standalone game based on the Eastern Front of the European WW2 conflict.

<span class="ev_code_yellow">IL2 Sturmovik: Forgotten Battles</span>: The sequel. Also standalone, it includes all maps and aircraft from the original game plus some extras. It also added a semi-dynamic campaign mission generator but dropped some of the missions that shipped with the original. Flight and damage modelling also received some tuning and enhancement, as did the available difficulty settings and a few other odds and ends. If you're new to the game and want the most content, this is where to start.

<span class="ev_code_yellow">Aces Expansion Pack</span>: An add-on for Forgotten Battles that gives even more aircraft and maps and also further enhanced flight and damage models. By this stage of the series the available maps include a couple from the Europan western front. This one is also required for maximum content but is currently very scarce as it's out of print over most of the world. There is also a Gold Pack (again out of print in most locations) that includes both Forgotten Battles and Aces Expansion Pack in a single box (3 CD's)

<span class="ev_code_yellow">Pacific Fighters</span>: This product expanded the series into the Pacific Theatre. It can be installed as a standalone game with only Pacific maps and aircraft. It can also be installed as a stage 2 add-on for the combined Forgotten Battles/Aces Expansion Pack version. In the latter case, you must have the earlier versions alread installed and the Pacific Fighters installation screen will offer the choice of Standalone or Merged installation.

If you're going to go for a merged installation you MUST have the last 3 products. While the Pacific Fighters installer will install over just Forgotten Battles, doing so causes a large variety of problems when attempting to fly many of the missions and aircraft.

A further word of warning, the purchase by download Direct 2 Drive products are not suitable for merged versions. If you want to merge the installations for maximum content, you must get the box versions of all the games.

We also expect to see a "Platinum Pack" dvd version in the not too distant future that includes all content necessary for a fully merged installation. If you want to try the merged install and can't find a copy Aces Expansion Pack or the Gold Pack, it shouldn't be too long before the DVD platinum version comes around to save our bacon if we're lucky. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

inciense
01-16-2006, 10:30 PM
so let`s say i install "IL2 sturmovik forgotten battles" then i install " ace ecpansion pack" then when i install PF it asks if i want to install it as another game or if i want to make it part of the "FB + AEP" like an update.

then.. let me see...
if i install in this order FB + AEP and last PF
there wont be troubles?

Taylortony
01-17-2006, 01:47 AM
That is correct http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif you have them in the right order, nothing else is needed till you have PF installed at the end. you could if you desired also install PF as a standalone as both will work, but there is no point, so just install it as a merged version........ when done there are a couple of patches to download and install over PF.

when you install FB run the game to ensure it has installed then put AEP on, that way you will know its is installing correctly as you go along, do the same with aep before you install PF

SickestVendetta
01-17-2006, 11:43 PM
So if I am going to install all 3 titles from get go, I just install FB -&gt; AEP -&gt; PF -&gt; Latest PF Patches.

Thats it? Do I need to install any patchs for FB or AEP before moving right on to PF.

Taylortony
01-18-2006, 01:31 AM
Thats it? Do I need to install any patches for FB or AEP before moving right on to PF.

NO AEP installs FB's patches and PF installs AEP patches......so you DO NOT need to install any, just install ones AFTER PF that is all..