PDA

View Full Version : Detachment-1

Koda-Circa1983
08-01-2005, 07:42 AM
A new Marine Detachment was formed in 2003 made up of good old boys from Force Recon and from a friend of mine who's regular boring old Recon a few people from the Marine FAST units. They are under a Lt. Colonel Robert Coates and have about 85 hand picked operators. They went to train with the SEALs in Coronado and it seems to me they're a CT unit tantamount to Delta or the SEALs in the DEVgroup (what they're calling SEAL Team 6 these days) they're also being heralded as MSOCOM as they are the first Marine operators placed under direct SOCOM command.

One unique weapon they have is a Kimber 1911 pistol that has been highly costomized that can take a LEM module and a silencer where the standard SOC (special operations capeable) Marine Units use the Marine 1911 MEU (Marine Expeditionary Unit) which are 1911s made by UNERTL (they do more than optics now designed by the Armorers at quantico. If anyone has further information on the unit I'd greatly appreciate it.

Koda-Circa1983
08-01-2005, 07:42 AM
A new Marine Detachment was formed in 2003 made up of good old boys from Force Recon and from a friend of mine who's regular boring old Recon a few people from the Marine FAST units. They are under a Lt. Colonel Robert Coates and have about 85 hand picked operators. They went to train with the SEALs in Coronado and it seems to me they're a CT unit tantamount to Delta or the SEALs in the DEVgroup (what they're calling SEAL Team 6 these days) they're also being heralded as MSOCOM as they are the first Marine operators placed under direct SOCOM command.

One unique weapon they have is a Kimber 1911 pistol that has been highly costomized that can take a LEM module and a silencer where the standard SOC (special operations capeable) Marine Units use the Marine 1911 MEU (Marine Expeditionary Unit) which are 1911s made by UNERTL (they do more than optics now designed by the Armorers at quantico. If anyone has further information on the unit I'd greatly appreciate it.