PDA

View Full Version : Firing salvo's

Weisia
08-06-2008, 04:19 AM
On my last two patrols I encountered on each journey a task force, one with a illustrious carrier and one with a nelson battleships. I figured out that sinking these ships require several torpedoes. On both ships I fired 4 torp as quickly as possible, but because of the time between opening a tube and firing a torp there was always one torp missing the high speeding target. Is there a way I can fire a salvo of torpedoes when using auto-firing mode?

Weisia
08-06-2008, 04:19 AM
On my last two patrols I encountered on each journey a task force, one with a illustrious carrier and one with a nelson battleships. I figured out that sinking these ships require several torpedoes. On both ships I fired 4 torp as quickly as possible, but because of the time between opening a tube and firing a torp there was always one torp missing the high speeding target. Is there a way I can fire a salvo of torpedoes when using auto-firing mode?

Mittelwaechter
08-06-2008, 06:05 AM
Of course you can!

At the TDC screen there is a knob to switch between single torpedo (T) and salvo (S).
You have to determine the spread angle too in salvo mode.

It's recommended to allways open the tube/s before you shoot. Use "Q" to open selected tube/s and "W" to close again. It raises your hit accuracy.

If you want to shoot several single torpedos in short intervals, open the tubes in 3D at the weaponsofficer station or at the periscope station in the conning tower. You'll find some small white switches to click on.