PDA

View Full Version : Hey Buddy, Where's the Fire?

rls669
05-06-2006, 01:29 AM
Had a strange encounter tonight. I was on the surface finishing off a convoy -- actually I'd just run out of deck gun ammo and I was preparing to sprint ahead, reload external torps and get in position to attack again. Suddenly a Tribal DD comes into view dead ahead doing 25 kts. He changes course until he's coming straight at me, shells me before I can dive, then rams me doing 35 kts.

And then he slows down to 25kts and carries on as if nothing happened. I guess he had a more pressing engagement elsewhere.

rls669
05-06-2006, 01:29 AM
Had a strange encounter tonight. I was on the surface finishing off a convoy -- actually I'd just run out of deck gun ammo and I was preparing to sprint ahead, reload external torps and get in position to attack again. Suddenly a Tribal DD comes into view dead ahead doing 25 kts. He changes course until he's coming straight at me, shells me before I can dive, then rams me doing 35 kts.

And then he slows down to 25kts and carries on as if nothing happened. I guess he had a more pressing engagement elsewhere.