PDA

View Full Version : FPS rate

btasm
04-13-2011, 01:17 PM
H ow do you check FPS?

PhantomKira
04-13-2011, 01:36 PM
SHIFT + TAB to open menu

type in "fps START SHOW", exactly, it's case sensitive.

SHIFT + TAB again to close menu

Next time, try the "Find" function at the top of the forum. Just a little bit of searching got me what I was looking for. Most of these questions have been answered a thousand and one times already...

btasm
04-13-2011, 02:50 PM
Thank you.

I did try the "find" function, but I guess I overlooked or couldn't find the answers. Most of the posts simply addressed improvements in fps.

PhantomKira
04-13-2011, 07:52 PM
No problem. I forgot to make clear that you press "SHIFT + TAB" after you're in game (in cockpit).

btasm
04-14-2011, 12:41 PM
I did as instructed. I do get an fps readout (along with a slew of other unintelligible info) but it makes no sense. The game freezes, the fps rates continue to scrawl across the screen (with higher and higher readings) and the only way to exit is via task manager. I anticipated an fps read that varied while the action took place based on the graphic hit, but instead this happens. happenns. Am I doing something wrong?

PhantomKira
04-14-2011, 02:37 PM
Sounds to me like you forgot to press "SHIFT + TAB" a second time (after you typed in
"fps START SHOW") to close the "slew of other unintelligible info" screen. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

That "info screen" will freeze the game while it's open.

To get rid of the frame rate counter, type "fps STOP SHOW" instead.

btasm
04-14-2011, 05:23 PM
Ah hah. That did it. I now have an understandable frame rate reading. Thanks so very much.