PDA

View Full Version : Downloading From Direct-To-Disk Failiers

BigDAS1
12-28-2009, 07:12 AM
I have been trying to download IL-2 Forgotten Battles and *.1946 from the UbiSoft Digital Store. Both transfers have either not complete or are corrupt depending on which method I use. Download Manager can't seem to complete the transfers, and I have used IExplorer 8, Firefox and Opera to a direct link to the file. I have disabled all popup blockers, firewalls and Anti-Virus applications during transfer.
Installation indicates a corrupt file. Is there any other way to obtain these files, like FPT or in multipart? Thanks!

AndyJWest
12-28-2009, 09:29 AM
Firstly, everything in IL-2 Forgotten Battles is included in '46, so you don't need both. If their advertising suggests you do, I'd complain and ask for your money back.

Secondly, I'd contact the Ubi sales support, as this is a users forum rather than part of Ubi itself.

If you can't get a proper IL-2 '46 download from Ubi, I'd ask for your money back on that too, and if possible buy a DVD version instead, as there is usually much less hassle installing from that. You should be able to pick it up for about $10 or so in the US, and little more elsewhere. Just make sure you get the '46 version.

BigDAS1
12-28-2009, 10:23 AM
Thank for the information. I should have remembered that the 1946 version which I downloaded previously had the FB included. I had purchased 1946 for $10 this last year but I have a new computer which I want to install the game. I puchased the FB (another 10 bucks)this week, so I suppose I'm entitled to a refund, but that's up to the UBI Customer support. I didn't know there was a disk version, but since I only have a 700m CD-RW, I can't use the DVD anyway. Last resort is Bitorrent, not exactly ethical but not entirely illegal as I already bought the game and can activate with my purchase code.

Urufu_Shinjiro
12-28-2009, 11:09 AM
Definitely contact ubi sales support, if you bought it previously they should be able to assist with your re-downloading.

BigDAS1
12-30-2009, 06:36 AM
Thanks. Submitted a ticket to Ubi's CS almost two weeks ago, it's still open, no resolution. Guess I'll opt the Plan B.