PDA

View Full Version : Failed to Initialize Network Service Issue

JediWolf
12-14-2006, 04:51 PM
I've seen various posts about this but no one has posted a fix. I get it when i try to connect to the mulitplayer. It will say that its starting network service and after about 20 seconds it will tell me it failed to initialize network service.

Ive opened the ports that were posted and have my firmware up to date but i am still with the same issue. Does anyone know how to fix this?

Woosy
12-14-2006, 05:03 PM
Moved to Technical Support.<div class="ev_tpc_signature">

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v406/Woosy/Fisherists/_sig.jpg (http://www.fisherists.com/)

JediWolf
12-14-2006, 06:27 PM
Ok it seems the only way right nwo to be able to connect is by turning off Norton Internet Security.

I hope that theres a fix coming soon. I really dont like the idea of having norton internet security disabled when I play this game.

veganzombie82
12-14-2006, 10:34 PM
im getting the same thing, and i have tried everything to get this to work.

InfestGoat
12-15-2006, 08:07 PM
it doesnt help me when i turn off norton http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

natasha8384
12-15-2006, 08:51 PM
same problem here. no AV, no firewall, enabled DMZ and still no LAN or Online success. I can create LAN dedicated server, but that's about it.
(PC exceeds the recommended requirements with all up-to-date drivers, including BIOS and mobo components; the latest router firmware)

P.S. Singleplayer runs fine

ValkyrieVewas
12-15-2006, 10:14 PM
Same thing here FAILED TO INITIALIZE NETWORK SERVICE, I CANT GET ON THE MPLAYER AT ALL tied doing it over and over again nothing. I have no firewalls no virus even..... WTF

Pest_AWC
12-16-2006, 02:33 AM
I fixed my network problem!!!!!!

I now have a 16 player dedicated server up and running and I didn't have to disable the firewall or put the server in the DMZ!

In addition to forwarding the correct ports, I simply disabled the routers ability to do UPnP and stopped the SSDP service on the server from the administrator tools.

This solution is the opposite of what makes sense, but it was somehow interfering.

WOOT!

Let me know if this helps anyone else, or if it is specific to my linksys wrt54g router.

InfestGoat
12-16-2006, 09:13 AM
I'll test that later today, is there any risk in disabling all that stuff?

Itchmeister
12-16-2006, 09:32 AM
Originally posted by InfestGoat:

Please post all your routers/switches model when you're having this problem and also the anti-virus and software firewall you might be using. That might help understanding that problem.

Pest_AWC
12-16-2006, 11:12 AM
InfestGoat Posted Sat December 16 2006 08:13 Hide Post

All I had to disable was UPnP and that SSDP service which auto-detects routers on your network. Some applications, like AOL Instant Messenger and Peer to Peer file sharing will use UPnP to capture ports. If UPnP isn't available the apps will either work around it or ask you to open ports. I don't think it is needed unless you have an Xbox hooked to the same network because it uses UPnP for more stuff.

I have not had a problem with disabling SSDP on my server, because I think all it does is auto detect network devices which you can usually do through TCP configuration to be auto and network printer searches.

InfestGoat
12-16-2006, 05:18 PM
nah didnt work :\

HiGhLaNd3I2
12-16-2006, 09:59 PM
OK... First I could not connect at all, the typically posted cannot connect to network message. So I open the posted ports and whalla, I'm on line enjoying the helloutta myself saying how sweet is to final have a close to R6/RS/UO/RvS experience...Lockdown flatout,just plain stunk...I go to bed only to wake up to no connection at all...recheck ports all ok... now I can get connected but just hang when I join a game...have to alt-ctrl-del to close game...WTF? any answers to this one?
Athlon 4200+Dual Core 2Gb matched Corsair XMS, Dual Asus 6800GTXPRO 256 per SLi, Asus A8n Deluxe MB, XG Dragon Case w/ 650wPS, 2 added fans plenty cool...XP Pro all updated all programs, AVG and System Suite 7 Pro...

HELP...Cause this game Rocks!!!!! And I'm jonesin for some Multi!!!! 360 just aint the same!!!!

zulu1111
12-17-2006, 03:38 AM
I am having the exact same problem. i have tryed turning off all firewalls but i still get the failed message. i find it a bit strange as all my other games work fine even with my firewall up. i must admit this is the first UBI game i have ever had connection problems with.

MrStrangelove
12-17-2006, 04:43 AM
Also have the problem with Norton IS 2006, I´ve opened the ports, too, but no use, all I can do is disable AV/Firewall, but I don`t want to play with my pants down... http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif<div class="ev_tpc_signature">

--------
"The metric system is the tool of the devil! My car gets 40 rods to the hogshead and that's the way I likes it!"

InfestGoat
12-17-2006, 12:26 PM
Ok i got online to work. I did as Pest said and turned off my UPnP to my router. After that it still didnt work, until i disabled norton, then it started working. Hope it helps ya.

***PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU HAVE THE PORTS FOR THIS GAME OPEN***

355th_DAZnBLAST
12-19-2006, 04:03 PM
I keep getting this message and therefore haven't managed to get on line yet. I have Norton IS 2006 installed, with a standard ADSL modem. Strange because, Nortons did ask me if I wanted to allow the game to access the internet (which I accepted). Please fix this issue as I don't want constant port scanning whilst I'm gaming!

MrStrangelove
12-20-2006, 11:25 AM
I found out that (at least for me) the issue with Norton IS 2006 is limited to the connection/log-in to the UBI-Server only, so all I have to do is to disable Norton completely before log-in, but I can enable it again as soon as I´m logged in and can see the MP-gamemode & server selection screen. Everything works fine after that, i can connect to games with active AV and Firewall. Thus there is no need to have Norton switched off all the time. Maybe this works for other people who have no router but a direct internet connection as well (perhaps also for other AVs/Firewalls). Give it a try and report your results pls!<div class="ev_tpc_signature">

--------
"The metric system is the tool of the devil! My car gets 40 rods to the hogshead and that's the way I likes it!"

355th_DAZnBLAST
12-20-2006, 12:41 PM
Right, disabled NIS 2006 and bam, straight in.

Trouble is I'm not going to keep disabling every time I want to play this game online.

I don't have to disable NIS 2006 for any other game, what makes this one stand out? Can this issue be addressed please.

Thanks

MrStrangelove
12-20-2006, 03:46 PM
So you say that you cannot reactivate Norton after you logged-in to the UBI-server?<div class="ev_tpc_signature">

--------

InfestGoat
12-20-2006, 07:05 PM
no u can

355th_DAZnBLAST
12-21-2006, 05:11 AM
No, I'm saying I disabled NIS2006 got into MP fine > alt tab > enabled NIS2006 played a couple fine.

When I tried to go MP again with NIS2006 enabled, could not get in "failed to initialize".

What I'm saying is, I'm not disabling my NIS2006 every time I want to go online, I don't have to with other games.

Can Support fix this or do Symantec have to fix it?

MrStrangelove
12-21-2006, 05:45 AM
What I'm saying is, I'm not disabling my NIS2006 every time I want to go online, I don't have to with other games.

Can Support fix this or do Symantec have to fix it?

Agreed, so I just misunderstood you. I mailed the problem to the Symantec Tech Support but it looks like the guys there have never played an online game before, first they thought Vegas was a browser based game http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif, then they told me to add the UBI-Server to the allow list of my LAN (I have a direct connection and no router or LAN at all)... Actually I even tried this with all of the UBI-servers I found in Norton's connection protocols and using "netstat /a", but it didn`t work. But the problem is probably not specific to the UBI-servers, coz I talked to someone yesterday who played Vegas with a friend via Hamachi, and the friend had the same "failed to initialize network service" error when the Hamachi-network was set up and he tried to connect in-game. But unlike me he managed to solve this using exactly the solution Symantec suggested to me, all he had to do was to add the (Hamachi-)IPs of the other players to Norton's network allow list. Thus I think the problem is that Norton only blocks the initial connection to any server whatsoever (when you click the multiplayer button).<div class="ev_tpc_signature">

--------

LostOne1991
12-21-2006, 10:34 AM
Originally posted by Pest_AWC:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">InfestGoat Posted Sat December 16 2006 08:13 Hide Post

All I had to disable was UPnP and that SSDP service which auto-detects routers on your network. Some applications, like AOL Instant Messenger and Peer to Peer file sharing will use UPnP to capture ports. If UPnP isn't available the apps will either work around it or ask you to open ports. I don't think it is needed unless you have an Xbox hooked to the same network because it uses UPnP for more stuff.

I have not had a problem with disabling SSDP on my server, because I think all it does is auto detect network devices which you can usually do through TCP configuration to be auto and network printer searches. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>i dont kknow anything about how to disable ssdp or w.e plz tell me how/1

NorCal_CWBz
12-21-2006, 12:31 PM
Ok, I finally got mine working. I had to uninstall Norton, and it's working now!

355th_DAZnBLAST
12-21-2006, 12:45 PM
LMAO - "uninstalled Norton and it's working now".

THIS IS THE POINT, YOU SHOULDN'T HAVE TO UNINSTALL THE PIECE OF SOFTWARE THAT MINIMISES THE RISK OF YOU GETTING BUTT FCUKED OVER THE INTERNET.

I'm seriously getting pissed that none of the devs are taking note of this thread, mp is the key to success, but if people cannot get on because they don't want to get port scanned and hacked time and again, what chance of success is there?

WTF is happening with this issue, can someone post a realistic solution to this issue please.

Itchmeister
12-21-2006, 12:55 PM
Originally posted by 355th_DAZnBLAST:
LMAO - "uninstalled Norton and it's working now".

THIS IS THE POINT, YOU SHOULDN'T HAVE TO UNINSTALL THE PIECE OF SOFTWARE THAT MINIMISES THE RISK OF YOU GETTING BUTT FCUKED OVER THE INTERNET.

I'm seriously getting pissed that none of the devs are taking note of this thread, mp is the key to success, but if people cannot get on because they don't want to get port scanned and hacked time and again, what chance of success is there?

WTF is happening with this issue, can someone post a realistic solution to this issue please.

I don't know about it since I've uninstalled Norton a long time ago and replaced it with AVG.

Perhaps they (Norton) might have an idea?

355th_DAZnBLAST
12-21-2006, 01:22 PM
OK - so Norton has an issue with R6 Vegas. Why does Norton NOT have an issue with EVERY other piece of Internet connected software I have installed?

I've just recently installed patch 1.02 for R6V and Nortan prompted me again to permit or deny connection (like with every other piece of internet connected software installed) so I permitted and I still cannot get online?

Every other piece of software I permit, the software let's me go online.

So what's different with R6V?

Itchmeister
12-21-2006, 02:14 PM
I've just recently installed patch 1.02 for R6V and Nortan prompted me again to permit or deny connection (like with every other piece of internet connected software installed) so I permitted and I still cannot get online?

I'm looking into it... but I don't have Norton and I couldn't find a contact to Norton without a serial number. (scratch that - found a trialware)

MrStrangelove
12-21-2006, 07:18 PM
I reported the problem to the Symantec Tech Support three days ago, but got no helpful answer so far, I´ll let you know though. Actually Symantec's support for games isn`t good, for every lil piece of software they offer automatic program control rules, but you have to configure all games, even the most famous ones like BF2, manually. But like DAZnBLAST mentioned, it looks like this is not Nortons fault, coz it works quite well with other games. And the problem appears also for players with the standard Windows firewall and IIRC there has been someone who uses Kaspersky's and has the issue, too.<div class="ev_tpc_signature">

--------

ValkyrieVewas
12-21-2006, 10:26 PM
Ok....
Still have this problem and

I have no firewall windows or other...

I have opened ports reqired even had to email netgear to know for sure....

I have updated my firmware for my router...

I have tried it with and without the router...

I have no antivirus installed currently

NOTHING DEVS AND TECH HELP ME!

Bodyshots
12-26-2006, 01:24 AM
Up

Because i hate turning off Norton everytime i want to play =p

355th_DAZnBLAST
12-29-2006, 01:38 PM
BUMP

jdhunt79
12-29-2006, 10:13 PM
I have a linksys wrt54g and was getting the same error message. I was able to play fine from work. (Not sure what kind of router they have.) But after disabling UPnP on my router its works now.

PatrolSix_UK
12-30-2006, 11:11 AM
OK - so Norton has an issue with R6 Vegas. Why does Norton NOT have an issue with EVERY other piece of Internet connected software I have installed?

They haven't changed it because it has spyware in it. The "ingame advert" system thing is counted as spyware. So i'm sure the Norton devs probably won't add this to their list of "things to fix".<div class="ev_tpc_signature">

K8N Diamond, 4600x2, x1950Pro, 2gb ddr 400, 19" CRT, and a floppy drive http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Itchmeister
12-30-2006, 04:08 PM
Originally posted by PatrolSix_UK:
They haven't changed it because it has spyware in it. The "ingame advert" system thing is counted as spyware. So i'm sure the Norton devs probably won't add this to their list of "things to fix".

That isn't it, please don't misinform. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

Thomas2156
12-31-2006, 02:23 AM
Sorry if this has already been mentioned...
ZoneAlarm Users.
When ZoneAlarm is disabled it will still automatically block every program from accessing the internet unless previosly "Always Allowed Access". Keep ZoneAlarm open, boot up the game and try to connect again. Then Minimize the game and let ZA allow the game to have access. Worked for me.

355th_DAZnBLAST
12-31-2006, 06:06 AM
I'm finding it very hard to understand why we haven't had a dev or support guy in here giving us some kind of clue why A LOT of people cannot play this game online.

If it was advertising, surely there would be some in the single player mode also?

Hoops77
01-02-2007, 07:16 PM
After fighting with my router, confusing the hell out of a Ubi tech support guy, and generally pulling my hair out, I solved my connection issue. Apparently my ISP was blocking the ports this game requires on their end. I asked them to open all of my ports, and let ME decide which ones I chose to block. After my ports were opened by my isp, no connection problems whatsoever. Hope this helps at least a couple of you.

scavenger67
01-03-2007, 10:52 AM
i have gotten this a few times myself. but the only way i got a round this, was to defrag my hard drive and then reboot my pc. then and only then i could get it to work. since this game is hard on the hard drives it need to be done a lot. i have disk keeper and i have it set to screen saver mode, so it will defrag while it is in screen saver mode. but i still have to do it right before i play and a reboot before i play Vegas every time. beside all of the router tweaks and pc tweaks to get the game to play<div class="ev_tpc_signature">

http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/co/type/0/scavenger67.png (http://profile.xfire.com/scavenger67)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v482/SCAVENGER1/12_1jpg.jpg

Andrew497
01-06-2007, 05:46 PM
Turning off norton allows me to get passed initializing but I still can't join games for some reason, it tells me every game I try to join is full, even if its 1/16. Also, are there any convenient ways around shutting down Norton? Don't like exposing my computer.

Diet_whoop-ass
08-15-2007, 05:36 PM
How do you open your ports?

unpredictabl3
08-19-2007, 02:59 AM
Hmmm.when gaming you dont need a virus program running in the background as long as you have the built in windows firewall enabled. Shut down virus program and stop all its background processes in taskmanager. YOU WILL NOT get a virus especially if you are going through a router. so lets see here when you guys are gaming with a router and and a virus program running.
1-router has a firewall
2-windows has a firewall
3-anti-virus program has a firewall
4-dsl modems have a built in firewall

are you getting the picture. How much protection do you want? all you need is the built in Windows firewall enabled and you are good to go.

You wont get a virus from surfing the net with IE7. You actually have to except something and download it. like an active x, they can be nasty. And if you except it with all that firewall stuff you will have a virus on your pc anyways or a root-kit attached to a driver(even worse). xp windows is super safe....now a days you get them through your e-mail. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-tongue.gif

So you guys are SUPER SAFE but you cant connect to any servers. gully jee wiz i wonder why? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

Rice-Rocketeer
10-20-2007, 10:08 PM
Argh, I'm having this issue. The only thing I changed (admittedly it's pretty big) was to switch from XP to Vista.

It worked before on XP perfectly, same settings. The only thing that is different is Vista.

I've tried turning off my Firewall and uPnP on my router. Still no dice.

Rice-Rocketeer
10-20-2007, 11:19 PM
Okay, so I've narrowed down the problem.

I'm not using any third party firewall software or anything like that. No Norton, no Kaspersky, no NOD32, no nothing.

Windows Firewall is OFF.

Router firmware is most recent.

Here's what I've tried:
- Turning off uPnP on my router. Does not work.
- Re-forwarding ports on my router. Does not work.
- Not using a router at all. Does not work.

So...I'm pretty sure it may have something to do with the game and Vista. It worked 100% fine before I upgraded to Vista (via a reformat, reinstall of everything). Nothing else in my network setup has changed.

Virginia-Water
10-23-2007, 05:27 AM
I have the same problem - the 'failed to initialize network service' message preventing any multiplayer. I also have Vista, with AVG free edition. R6V is included in the Windows Firewall 'allow access'box.
If its a Vista issue, is there a solution?
Suggestions?
Thanks,
Virginia

doa1961
10-23-2007, 12:08 PM
wth is going on new 1.06 sucks cant get on line aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Rice-Rocketeer
10-25-2007, 02:27 PM
Cripes, seems like the 1.06 patch has done nothing to alleviate my problem. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

yoda_338
11-03-2007, 11:30 AM
to open a port you have to go to your fire wall in system configuration and then just open the ports on the screen!

yoda_338
11-03-2007, 11:31 AM
exactly i just downloaded 1.06 and it just causes more connection problems and runs slower!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dimzim46
11-30-2007, 03:22 AM
I have the same problem as wel1! Disabled all antivirus and firewalls, turned Unpn what ever it is off on my router, forwarded the ports even made a static ip and still not working! I even hard reset my router.. Please can a dev sort this out!!!

Matrixclese
12-10-2007, 06:04 PM
This seems to be nothing more to me and my friends than an UBi server outage. I have 5 people that could login earlier from their homes, but cant now. Thanks Ubi for making us your *****es, waiting on you to get ur **** together so we can play your game that we paid good money for. You rock!

andrewty14
12-25-2007, 07:44 AM
can someone help me i have windows vista and i have vegas (v1.06.215) and i need help with multiplayer i havve tried to turn off firewall and anti-virus and i need some more help can anyone help me please?? my email is slappin_donkey@hotmail.com

Ag565
01-19-2008, 07:21 PM
I too have the same problem; I was able to connect and play a game for about an hour before getting disconnected. When I attempted to reconnect, I received the operation time out error. I have opened up my ports on my router and tried all the suggestions on this thread. Any help is appreciated.

ricey1966
01-21-2008, 05:41 PM
my problem is not "failed to intilize network service, up till saturday 19/01/08 all was ok apart from the usual server shut down early a.m each day, since saturday, i get to the log in prt and get"login failed"the few times i have actually logged in the server has stopped during a game, then i get"connection lost" close down vegas restart and after starting network service again i get "login failed" at log in, i have asked ubisoft support why and not received a respose within the 24 hr period so i it would appear the support also sucks,whilst online today for the very brief time every one i asked had had the same "login failed "error so ubisoft WHEN? ARE YOU GONNA FIX IT????????

ricey1966
01-21-2008, 05:54 PM
oh and further to my last it is not a problem with the game its self as i have the 1.06 patch and the pbuster setup so it is upadated, it aint my firewall as all the nessacery ports are open and the game is registered ONLINE.so what is this then, a move to stop people who have paid there money for this game playing online? perhaps because you are gonna launch the new vegas 2 and you want us all to go and buy that when it comes out in march? well the online part of that game better not suck as much as this one doies as if so ill be demanding a refund, after all if other game companies can get it right why cant ubisoft,? you may have some great games like this vegas but if you cant play the online bit as and when you want to,in a reasonable quality then the greatness of the game goes down the pan equaliy if the support is non existant as well

CSgt.Poacher
03-30-2008, 05:51 PM
I've written to Ubi's tech support site about this. Will let you know if I get anywhere.

ricey1966
03-30-2008, 10:03 PM
just to say when you get the faiuled to login as it took too much time ect, that meens the ubi server is down, usually for in game adverts ans a,i tweaking ect, ubi should have a advertised time for this so players dont get disconected during a game,if the connection has to go through ubi soft i personally cant see why they dont do like avtivions cod4 direct to the host server my connection traces from uk to new york, then montreal canada and finally linking to the host who is in europe or the uk, so high pings every where, loads of lag gr8 joke

MurcielagoLP_64
04-16-2008, 06:48 AM
HEY GUYS!

OK HERE IS MY PROBLEM (WITH VEGAS 1 AND 2)

I GET THAT "FAILED TO INITIALIZE NETWORK SERVICE MESSAGE", BUT I DO NOT HAVE NORTON. I HAVE NOD 32.

I DISABLE IT, BUT I STILL GET THE MESSAGE.

CAN SOMEONE TELL ME WHAT I HAVE TO DISABLE, AND HOW DO I DO IT?

I WOULD APPRICIATE ANY HELP BY ANYONE!

BE HAPPY!! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Rocker128
04-17-2008, 04:54 AM
Same here. I'm using NOD32 as well.

Close or not problem still there. I thought at the first moment that the problem is only happened an unlucky guy like me, not knowing that this has been an issue ever since Jan....

Glad that there are so many 'lucky' guys a roundhttp://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif No offense

slameagle
04-17-2008, 08:52 AM
I have a same problem with Vegas 2.

How can we fix it?

MurcielagoLP_64
04-17-2008, 10:47 AM
What if we fear no darkness, and we are no feable? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Aldotsk
04-17-2008, 11:35 AM
I am having a problem with this error, apparently I have no Anti-Virus programs like NOD, Norton, etc.

I am on college router connection, and yet my friend has the same IP and still can play normally when I can't. So I want to know why I can't play it and my friend can, someone able to explain why this is happening for me? I am on Win XP

MurcielagoLP_64
04-17-2008, 12:31 PM
Someone saied we have to disable IP. But I do not know how! Does anyone know?

JeffroMart
04-17-2008, 07:30 PM
I saw in another post

"go to Control panel>regional and language settings>advanced and select English (United Kingdom)or (United States)"

I didn't have the problem, so I can't say that it will fix it or not

Rocker128
04-18-2008, 04:38 AM
I was this solution elsewhere also.

I'm living in outside UK or US (Singapore) and i'm having this problem... (my regional settings is set in Hong Kong cos i need the Chinese support)

Anyone whose regional settings is US or UK and yet having the same fault?

(I personally think if this is really the issue then Ubi is really stupid. Hope they can make themselves smarter by solving it with a patch...)

Pizza2102007
04-18-2008, 02:28 PM
"go to Control panel>regional and language settings>advanced and select English (United Kingdom)or (United States)" and then everything is OK and no problem log on line for me.

TheNinjaboy
04-18-2008, 07:49 PM
Remember that the UBI Lobby login services go down sometimes and stay down for hours.

That will also generate this error.

If you are just now trying to play the game just wait an hour and try again.

blaster_888999
04-19-2008, 12:36 AM
I can fix the problem and play online now. I am using XP. Please try the following steps:

1. download "Microsoft Applocale utility" http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details...;displaylang=en

2. run the utility and input the program path of vegas2

3. set language to Turkey "土耳其" in page 2

4. it will create a short-cut

5. run VEGAS2 with this new short-cut

It should be play on-line now

taobo33
04-19-2008, 07:09 PM
i'm using simplified Chinese version of windows xp and can't initialize network service as well duno if it's a specific bug to certain OS or a general problem but will give it a try using Microsoft Applocale utility.
Thx in advance blaster_888999 !

paw241983
04-21-2008, 05:37 PM
hi i using vista and i have the same problem with vegas 2
"faild to initialize network service"

what i have to do to fixd that
?
pleas help

jojo.jr
04-24-2008, 01:05 AM
seriously, i really got to consider these issue when ubi puts out a game. they not only killd splinter cell m/p with DA, i cant play V2 online cz of stupid faild to initialize ****. i am prob gonna have to boycott their games from now on. its a shame cz i love the tom clancy games, but what can i do. time and time again i get burnd.

why cant u just play the game u bought?

Rocker128
04-24-2008, 07:19 AM
Originally posted by blaster_888999:
I can fix the problem and play online now. I am using XP. Please try the following steps:

1. download "Microsoft Applocale utility" http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details...;displaylang=en

2. run the utility and input the program path of vegas2

3. set language to Turkey "土耳其" in page 2

4. it will create a short-cut

5. run VEGAS2 with this new short-cut

It should be play on-line now

This method WORKS!! Now I'm enjoying the game. Thanks

ricey1966
04-24-2008, 08:13 AM
thanks for the info, but i think the server was down as its logging in ok,but i have some more issues with this new game but if i have further log in probs i will give it a try thanx

KorrMuraan
04-25-2008, 12:37 AM
Originally posted by TheNinjaboy:
Remember that the UBI Lobby login services go down sometimes and stay down for hours.

That will also generate this error.

If you are just now trying to play the game just wait an hour and try again.

i find it crappy that our online gaming time is reliant on UBI servers being up

jojo.jr
04-26-2008, 02:13 PM
i ran applocale. i could not find the language that i was told to use:
Turkey "土耳其

they had turkey but not that symbol thing. i ran it in all the symbols and all in the turkish one.

still one log on tho.

jojo.jr
04-26-2008, 02:14 PM
*** still cant long on

Batman2372
04-30-2008, 08:36 AM
I live in the US, my language is set to English, and I have yet to be able to log in.

Vegas 2 is allowed in the Windows Firewall, as is the Vegas 2 updater (which works fine).

Setting my language to Turkey or any other language is not an option I'm willing to pursue. Has anyone else experienced this?

Batman2372
04-30-2008, 12:14 PM
I actually got mine to work. Instead of clicking on Login, I clicked on Versus. When I did so, it asked for my CD key again. Once I added it, I can now log in to everything just fine.

Dealer_0_Death
05-03-2008, 11:58 AM
For RV62 (U.S. English), i'm using Vista Ultimate, a fresh clean install, no antivirus installed (yet - Avast -later today), game is allowed thru the firewall both directions for TCP and UDP for all ports, not behind a router and am connected straight to the cable modem. I try to log in using both 'log in' and 'versus', get the 'Failed to Initialize Network Service' problem too after about 15 seconds of waiting. Have tried all suggestions posted thus far including the regional settings thing for english and non-unicode region selection for english (it was already like that by default after the Vista install).

Just got the game today, you would think for $50.00 that it would work. I swore that I would never buy another UBI Soft game but I broke my own promise and got this one, never again though.

SlugOBGC
05-05-2008, 03:21 PM
Im on vista ultimate x64 with norton internet security 2008. Here is what I did that solved my problem. It was as simple as resetting my personal firewall through norton. So if you're using norton try this first before you reformat your whole computer for one game.

Dealer_0_Death
05-07-2008, 01:46 PM
SlugOBGC,

not using nortons, using avast pro. Anyway, i originally tried it on a fresh install of vista with nothing else but the OS installed with SP1. It did not work. It was allowed thru the Vista firewall both directions for all ports.

Then I tried it on an XP machine with the latest updates, avast used there but it was uninstalled for the test and there was no firewall, still didn't work.

Now i'm back to yet another Vista computer, not a new install, same issue and still doesn't work.

Have spoken with UBI support and tried their suggestions which i already knew were not the issue - they suggested disabling the AV (which doesn't make since in a way but have tried it with AV installed and not installed with no sucess) - and they also suggested that I did not know how to create a firewall rule to allow the game access in both directions and suggested I call MS. So, just on a lark I called MS and the firewall is set up properly. The also suggested there is something wrong with the ISP service or the cable modem its self, sooo...Have contacted the ISP (Comcast) they tell me cable modem is fine and up to date with firm ware and no ports blocked at all (except port 25 which comcast blocks by default), and in addition they were able to swap out the cable modem with a brand new one still sealed up in the box.

My gaming machine is not behind a router, connected straight to the cable modem in all cases (had to swap the computers out for the different fix-install attempts).

Still no joy. This really sucks.

TineTaker123
05-10-2008, 06:42 PM
hi im from slovenia and i dont have a ruter no firewall , and nod antivirus disabled and when i click on login or online play the game do nothink and always write me failed to initialize network service issue.i have vista 32 bit sp1, other games work normaly .

Borilius
05-11-2008, 02:39 AM
Hi TineTaker123:
Go to Start menu, Settings, Control Panel, Regional and Language Options, Advanced - and change "Language for Non-Unicode programs" to English /US or UK/. Restart and try again. This is temporarily fix, until Ubi stops scratching their b*lls and release new patch.

TineTaker123
05-11-2008, 08:33 AM
thank you very much borilius, now i can login .

m2a3
05-22-2008, 01:01 PM
I solve the d-a-m-n problem!!!

The Default Language must change to "US" or "UK", then you will not get "Failed to initialize problem"

Start > Control Panel > Regional and Language Setting > Advanced Tag > (Change default language)

Dealer_0_Death
05-24-2008, 08:27 AM
I finally found my problem, the drivers for my NIC card were the problem. I dumped the manufacturer drivers and used the microsoft supplied drivers and it works!

TaggartT
07-03-2008, 07:28 PM
I'm not able to understand why this is happening to me, since I bought this game yesterday. What the hell?

I guess I better be off to buying COD4 and play it.

(I'm talking about Vegas2, by the way)

Qaddafi
07-16-2008, 01:11 PM
I've had this game for a couple months now. Been playing online for just about the same amount of time.

On Sunday night, I was playing online and for no reason, got disconnected from the server I was playing on. ****ed me off but w/e. I jumped back into the server browser, found the server and tried to reconnect. It loads the map and just before it drops me into the game, Weapons and "Failed to Connect to the Host." I click Join a Game and it's like, "Would you like to sign in?"

How'd I get signed out? "Sure."

"Unable to Connect to Host."

WTF

"Do you want to Sign in?"

WTF!! I JUST SIGNED IN!

"Unable to Connect to Host."

It's been that way since Sunday. Any ideas?

Qaddafi
07-22-2008, 09:28 PM
Well, I have no clue as to why but the service has started working again. It allows me to connect and host/join games on the first attempt rather than, well, never.

Anyone else's get fixed?

rainbowr
07-26-2008, 12:22 PM
Hey guys,

this is not probably the forum to ask this but well, I have a P4 Intel Dual Core processor of 1.6 Ghz, would it run the game?

theechoside
08-17-2008, 07:18 AM
I had this problem, i just dl'ed the patch again, but from fileplanet this time and it worked.

Give it a try.

Juhoxxx
10-27-2008, 11:07 AM
Mine says `cannot connect to ubi.com check your network connections` what should i do ??

sdr70
11-21-2008, 03:04 PM
Originally posted by Pest_AWC:
I fixed my network problem!!!!!!

I now have a 16 player dedicated server up and running and I didn't have to disable the firewall or put the server in the DMZ!

In addition to forwarding the correct ports, I simply disabled the routers ability to do UPnP and stopped the SSDP service on the server from the administrator tools.

This solution is the opposite of what makes sense, but it was somehow interfering.

WOOT!

Let me know if this helps anyone else, or if it is specific to my linksys wrt54g router.

i dont no wat u on about can u explain it deeper plz

andyalderstone
12-12-2008, 07:52 AM
Hi fellow players,

If your network initialization problems persist...:

-Make sure you haven't got any PnP using programs (e.g. torrent applications etc.) running, also services of these programs.

-Also make sure that in the advanced->advanced tab of your network settings your internet network connection has the highest priority. For example some VPN services and Hamachi might disturb the connection.

/leatherm0nkey

Proximityzero
01-07-2009, 07:30 PM
Yeah ok, I've tried everything everyone has mentioned here to help fix the problem... did it work... NO!

My problem is Ubisoft is supposed to be a professional game company correct. Not only did they port this game to PC but they poorly used the unreal 3 engine. As I own UT3 and it runs flawless full graphics...

So why does ubisoft ruin an amazing title... I have no idea.

I think i'm gonna mail this game back to them with a big F***** n00bs letter written on it...

I expect a patch to fix my Failed to initialize network service problem it's been over a month

Or i want my money back

I'm just a poor sap gettin by best I can money was not worth this game

Infact I'll bet you can find a pirated copy that circumvents online play for how poorly the game is programmed

Oh wait thats right...

MULTIPLAYER DON'T EVEN WORK FOR F****** PAYING CUSTOMERS

Jerk-Offs

Want my respect do something right

Blaze_64_1983
01-21-2009, 01:54 AM
If you're running vista, one of your updates blocks the connection to the UBI game server. I've been through this one before, and fixed it. I just can't remember which update it was. It was the only one I had the day it quit working. Now I have to go through an entire list of updates because of a re-format. I totally forgot about the update issue.... When I find the update, I'll let you all know and UBI... Not that they care about anything but the multi-billions they made from this once excellent game series....

Nechen8833
01-21-2009, 04:23 AM
Ok lets try this again:

I get the "Failed to Initialize Network Service"

-I'm not going through a router...straight through Cable Modem

-Set Regional Settings to English/US

-All exceptions are made.

I still cannot logon, about five minutes away from getting a refund...hell I only paid $10 for this and I feel ripped off.

Iceman_r6v2
01-21-2009, 04:47 AM
Same problem for me... Everything worked flawlessly yesterday but now it's completely the opposite... Any news on what's causing this network issue and when it'll be resolved?

-!cmean

Nechen8833
01-21-2009, 05:40 AM
Is this just system-wide ... nobody can get on right now?

BattleHamster
01-21-2009, 06:58 AM
Maybe. Bought the game and started playing on Monday when it worked just fine, but come Tuesday and Wednesday I can't get on at all. This is ridiculous.

Nechen8833
01-21-2009, 11:52 AM
**UPDATE**

I have absolutely no idea what just happened, I didn't make ANY adjustments and just tried to get on again and it worked without any problems.....

sleightofhand
01-21-2009, 01:22 PM
Yes... the same happened to me. I have been playing fine for the last 3 months then I received the "Failed to initialize...etc..etc" message for yesterday - all day. I tried opening up ports, stopping firewalls, anti virus, rebooting, updating the latest patch, updating PunkBuster, you name it - I tried it - with the exception of re-installing RB6V2. Today - I successfully logged in. Weird....

sleightofhand
01-21-2009, 02:51 PM
Looking at the trends of previous posts - I think the UBI servers and/or network were having issues or down for a specific region. Too much of a coincident for these users at the same time to have the same issue on the same game.

BattleHamster
01-22-2009, 08:49 AM
An occasional outage (especially a few days after a Steam promotion for the game) is bad enough, especially a 24+ hour one, but what's ridiculous is the lack of any status info. A lot of people could have saved a lot of time if there was a status page somewhere saying "Sorry, our servers are down. We're working on it. Check back later."

Chief-ubi.com
01-11-2010, 11:14 PM
it is down again now ?

forrestparkay
05-10-2010, 08:12 PM
I think I may halve solved the problem for me.

I "verified the integrity game cache" (in steam library, right click the game, go properties > local files > verify integrity of game cache".

Then after I did that it wouldn't let me launch the game AT ALL. It gave me the error "Failed to contact key server".

To fix this problem, I deleted the clientregistry.blob file (c:\program files\steam\clientregistry.blob) and let steam re-update.

Who knows, though - it might just be a fluke. After all, yesterday I was able to log in fine with absolutely no trouble, and today it's been off and on.

forrestparkay
05-11-2010, 10:09 PM
Well, today I was playing, and got half way through a mission before I got kicked out because the game had logged me out of my account. I tried logging in again and it kept giving me the error "connection failed" after I typed in my username and password.

The person I was playing with did not get kicked.

It's still happening to me, 12 hours later.

What's up with this error? And why is the online play for this game SO ABSOLUTELY HORRIBLY FILLED WITH BUGS?!