PDA

View Full Version : Questions [The Final Stretch edition].

umiachi
11-04-2007, 12:47 PM
It has been a long and - at times - arduous road, but AC will be in our hot little hands shortly. However, in spite of the detailed amounts of information available on game play and character evolution I still have a short list of questions.

#1) Can Altair do any flips or rolls? I do Le Parkour myself, at the hobbyist level, and acrobatic elements like cartwheels, or rolling out of a leap, are standard form. I can live with their exclusion, but I'm uncertain as to the status of those animations / abilities.

#2) How large is this game?

I can't speak to Acre or Damascus, but Jerusalem was VERY large - even by modern standards. Are the relative sizes of these cities being approximated or exacted? To clarify, are they created scaled down models of these cities (with a few realistic architectural references thrown in) or are they really attempting to match the scale during the time period? I'd assume the former, but hope for the latter.

#3)Also in reference to the above question: How expansive is the area outside the cities? We've seen mountains, deserts and forests. We've heard you can get lost. However, is this just spacious filler or will missions / side quests be found in such regions?

#4) Does this game have day/night cycles? I presume a "No" to this, but was curious what the official response has been.

#5) Can somebody clarify: How many moves and animations does Altair have? I've seen many figures tossed around, but wanted to pin down reality once and for all.

IHS_Spitfire
11-04-2007, 12:51 PM
Always nice to see another practitioner around!

Can't answer your questions sorry

How long have you been training?

lukenichols
11-04-2007, 12:52 PM
1. i saw PAX gameplay of assassins creed and patrice jumped off a ledge and then fell into a roll along a pipe like object

2. all we have heard is that the game is ' a huge kingdom '

3. i heard jade say you have to go outside the city and do some helping missions for example when villagers get kidnapped you have to free them

4. im sure i remember reading/hearing somewhere that it wasnt possible for them to insert a day/night cycle

5. there was a woman who was involved in the animation and a vid that i saw she said he has over 10,000 animations

hope i helped you http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Kaxen6
11-04-2007, 12:55 PM
1. I didn't see Altair committing that many flips and rolls in a parkour-ish fashion while I played at the Secret Assembly.

2. It's REALLY FREAKING LARGE

3. There are templars to be killed and viewpoints to be found in the Kingdom. But if it ever begins to annoy you, I think the teleport option shows up after you visit every place once.

4. No day/night cycle. It's always sunny in the Holy Land! xD

5. I have no idea on this.

amster1985
11-04-2007, 12:57 PM
Most animation questions are answered here:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=PsggwoeVCFo

As for the day/night cycle: they decided not to add it as it limited some missions because people would have to go to sleep and stuff.

EDIT: He does a roll in this video: http://youtube.com/watch?v=RuElh1HTDUw

Darkeye321
11-04-2007, 12:58 PM
i saw Altair roll in the launch trailer

Lordgrunty11
11-04-2007, 01:26 PM
Originally posted by Kaxen6:
1. I didn't see Altair committing that many flips and rolls in a parkour-ish fashion while I played at the Secret Assembly.

2. It's REALLY FREAKING LARGE

3. There are templars to be killed and viewpoints to be found in the Kingdom. But if it ever begins to annoy you, I think the teleport option shows up after you visit every place once.

4. No day/night cycle. It's always sunny in the Holy Land! xD

5. I have no idea on this.

there's going to be a teleport option... YES!!!

MasterNeilson
11-04-2007, 02:43 PM
Originally posted by IHS_Spitfire:
Always nice to see another practitioner around!

Can't answer your questions sorry

How long have you been training?

Yeah, their's a few around huh, small world.