PDA

View Full Version : Do the PT Boats ever launch torpedo's???

Charlie901
04-29-2005, 10:38 PM
I've yet to try to dodge torpedo's from any of the PT boats. I wish they fired them at you.

Can this be addressed via a mod or was it one of the things the Dev's didn't have time to implement?

CannonFodda_99
04-30-2005, 12:38 AM
Never really looked close at those PT boats, are they MTB's or MGB's?

Lovo_Kasistan
04-30-2005, 03:39 AM
No ship in this game other than yours can shoot torpedoes, this part of the AI was not implemented.

W.Irving
04-30-2005, 05:16 AM
**** shame. Although I highly doubt torpedoes were used against submarines, it would be fun watching a British destroyer launching torpedoes at a German one.

S VIIC_41
04-30-2005, 07:05 AM
Actually, I know for a fact that aircraft used to fire torpedoes at U-boats.

And I think there were a couple of engagements between British subs and U-boats. Didn't seem to be many though since there's little info about it.

mllaneza
04-30-2005, 08:03 AM
American PTs made several torpedo attacks on Japanese subs. I *think* they hit one or two in the Solomons.

SS.DJSatane
04-30-2005, 09:36 AM
Currently only the planes can drop torpedoes in this game I believe.

Its a shame PT boats cannot launch torpedoes, its their main weapon yet they cannot use it... Thats like having Destroyer that cannot drop depth charges... Imagine how that would feel. I hope this gets corrected.

W.Irving
04-30-2005, 09:57 AM
The planes use torpedoes in the game?
When, and which? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/icon_twisted.gif

jagtigermk2
04-30-2005, 10:32 AM
No planes drop torpedoes in SH3, when the devs were making the game i asked if they were going to add the FIDO homming torpedo.

The devs stated they left out the FIDO airborne droped torpedo because the player would have no counter messures against it.

Twelvefield
04-30-2005, 11:33 AM
Maybe it's just me, but I think the PT boats do carry a very potent weapon against subs: their radio communications with all nearby destroyers. It's happened quite a few times that after I tangle with an Elco, that a squadron of destroyers shows up to deal with me.