PDA

View Full Version : Please help me regarding some boontybox issues.

Tusseladden
05-25-2006, 12:09 PM
Hello there.

First off, let me tell you a little bit about my situation here.

From the very beginning, I ordered Pe-2 addon from Ubi.com, received my order confirmation and downloaded boontybox. Once boontybox was done, it downloaded Pe-2 which I manually installed into my Forgotten Battles folder. On my first run, activation was required, and I easly pasted the key into the field and started playing. The game worked like a dream!

However, I was recently forced to format my windows partition (with all regkeys and such) whilst the partition with IL-2 on was saved. Of course when I tried running IL-2 after I re-installed windows, it wouldn't run. Instead, it opened Boontybox with alot of missing graphics and no buttons at all. I couldn't launch the game!

So I opened regedit and removed all boontybox and IL-2 keys. Thereafter I ran the Pe-2 uninstaller in the FB folder. Now all IL-2 and Boontybox files were removed. Then it was time to start the boring process of reinstalling IL-2 from the start and patching it up.
After I got to version 4.04M I re-opened my order confirmation E-mail and clicked the START DOWNLOAD link. It automatically downloaded boontybox-installer and saved it.

THIS is where my problems starts!!!::

I double click the boonty installer but what the heck? The installer is french? Since I basically know where all the buttons are (like next, browse etc etc), I managed to install boontybox. Now it started to download Pe-2 automatically and I immedeately switched language to English in the préférences (don't you just hate french? ;p). The download finished and ended up in "Expired trials". I tried launching IL-2 like normal and it prompted me with the "Unlock game" page. I entered my Key and clicked continue, but now i got a totally different error. I get a white page displaying this:

Warning: fsockopen(): php_network_getaddresses: getaddrinfo failed: Name or service not known in /data/www/cineticvision/_UniversalClassMeta_/class.shelltran.php on line 122

Warning: fsockopen(): unable to connect to FT-KEY-MV01-PAR-W.boonty.com:80 in /data/www/cineticvision/_UniversalClassMeta_/class.shelltran.php on line 122
erreur de connexion
-----------------------
Number:97
description:Address family not supported by protocol
---------------------------

What the ?

I don't mind the price as it's not that high, but seriously this program is messing it all up. Skip the Boontybox program and just give us the key to enter just like any other Cd-key for crying out loud!

I can't figure out how to download the ENGLISH boontybox and I can't even register the key. Someone please help me?

And for those who also have to bare with boonty box, god help us all.

Tusseladden
05-25-2006, 12:09 PM
Hello there.

First off, let me tell you a little bit about my situation here.

From the very beginning, I ordered Pe-2 addon from Ubi.com, received my order confirmation and downloaded boontybox. Once boontybox was done, it downloaded Pe-2 which I manually installed into my Forgotten Battles folder. On my first run, activation was required, and I easly pasted the key into the field and started playing. The game worked like a dream!

However, I was recently forced to format my windows partition (with all regkeys and such) whilst the partition with IL-2 on was saved. Of course when I tried running IL-2 after I re-installed windows, it wouldn't run. Instead, it opened Boontybox with alot of missing graphics and no buttons at all. I couldn't launch the game!

So I opened regedit and removed all boontybox and IL-2 keys. Thereafter I ran the Pe-2 uninstaller in the FB folder. Now all IL-2 and Boontybox files were removed. Then it was time to start the boring process of reinstalling IL-2 from the start and patching it up.
After I got to version 4.04M I re-opened my order confirmation E-mail and clicked the START DOWNLOAD link. It automatically downloaded boontybox-installer and saved it.

THIS is where my problems starts!!!::

I double click the boonty installer but what the heck? The installer is french? Since I basically know where all the buttons are (like next, browse etc etc), I managed to install boontybox. Now it started to download Pe-2 automatically and I immedeately switched language to English in the préférences (don't you just hate french? ;p). The download finished and ended up in "Expired trials". I tried launching IL-2 like normal and it prompted me with the "Unlock game" page. I entered my Key and clicked continue, but now i got a totally different error. I get a white page displaying this:

Warning: fsockopen(): php_network_getaddresses: getaddrinfo failed: Name or service not known in /data/www/cineticvision/_UniversalClassMeta_/class.shelltran.php on line 122

Warning: fsockopen(): unable to connect to FT-KEY-MV01-PAR-W.boonty.com:80 in /data/www/cineticvision/_UniversalClassMeta_/class.shelltran.php on line 122
erreur de connexion
-----------------------
Number:97
description:Address family not supported by protocol
---------------------------

What the ?

I don't mind the price as it's not that high, but seriously this program is messing it all up. Skip the Boontybox program and just give us the key to enter just like any other Cd-key for crying out loud!

I can't figure out how to download the ENGLISH boontybox and I can't even register the key. Someone please help me?

And for those who also have to bare with boonty box, god help us all.

han freak solo
05-25-2006, 12:40 PM
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/compsmash.gif I don't have an answer, just a bump.

Troll2k
05-25-2006, 04:20 PM
Judging by Ubi and Boonty Box's quick response to fixing their problem I would guess an email to Boonty tech support would get you a reply about the same time as Bob hits the shelves.

FoolTrottel
05-26-2006, 05:11 AM
This is what I think you can do to try and fix it:

1. Re-install the original 4.04m exe-files, get them here, (thanks to AWL_Spinner) (http://www.alliedwingedlegion.com/members/spinner/404mexes.zip)
(Download the .zip, put the two exe files in your installation folder.
See if the game starts, and at what version:
* if 4.05m, check if the Pe-2 is flyable...
* if 4.04m.... go fly, check if it's okay.

If succesfully on 4.04m, please read Takata's post 'Pe-2 addon for Dummies' (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/23110283/m/9691071834/r/5941017934#5941017934)

If the orinal .exe's do not fix them 'white pages' ... then I'm afraid it's time for another uninstall-reinstall http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/sadeyes.gif Or consider this as just a bump...

AWL_Spinner
05-26-2006, 05:39 AM
I know it's a bit late now, but if/when you do get a working Pe-2 installation at 4.05m, it's worth building a boonty free 4.05m patch (instructions in my signature) so that in future you can just patch straight up to 4.05m without any authorisation worries.

Good luck!

Tusseladden
05-28-2006, 07:49 AM
Thank you guys! Very helpful! The v4.04 Exe files did the job for me http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

It launched the game, showed it was v 4.05m, then it worked fine! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif Both SP and MP! Thanks alot for your useful help!