PDA

View Full Version : How stupid!!

neil_1821
04-16-2005, 01:10 PM
Started a career in Pacific fighters and the first mission there are two planes, me and my wingman. Take off and there is literally 60 japenese planes and before i know it were both dead, just one of them is lethal but 60!!!!!What am i supposed to do, there is no specific thing to get the mission completed. It said mission completed once but i didn't feel as if i had done anything so i did it again. I mean surely this didn't happen in WW2. Anyone know how to complete the mission.???? I fired 10 shots into a japenese engine as he was coming head on and nothing yet 2 shots on me and my engine is coughing and i've lost all control?????????

Von_Zero
04-16-2005, 01:37 PM
let me guess you are playing a Pearl Harbour mission?

3.JG51_BigBear
04-16-2005, 01:52 PM
A similar thing happened to me right after I bought PF. I started a campaign in a Corsair and was on a recon flight with a wingman. Over a small atol just above the clouds I saw two ki-43s. After the initial head to head they dove down through the clouds and I followed with my wingman. There in front of me was at least 25 maybe thirty Japanese fighters. It was a mixed bag of Oscars and Georges. Needless to say I got nailed by them. They got my wingman straight off, I managed to wing one or two and brought down a couple more before they took care of me. Those are the favorite times in this game for me, when you know you're going to lose but you want to take as many of them with you as you possibly can. I always quit the campaign after I get knocked off and I never restarted so I didn't really figure out how to beat em. I geuss running would have probably worked if I hadn't gotten so close to that island chasing after the Oscars.

masaker2005
04-16-2005, 02:32 PM
Question abaout campaing: IS it possible to change the plane when you are in middle of campaing?

Cess-SGTRoc
04-16-2005, 02:51 PM
I may be wrong on this but I think you have to play the plane you have intil the squadron gets a plane upgrade as the Campaing goes forward.

JunkoIfurita
04-16-2005, 04:50 PM
The Pearl Harbour mission for the USAAF career is like Resident Evil.

Mission=Survive.

----

tigertalon
04-16-2005, 05:18 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by masaker2005:
Question abaout campaing: IS it possible to change the plane when you are in middle of campaing? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hi Masaker (bom raje v anglescini, da se drugi razumejo http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif)

Yes it is possible. You can add new planes to campaign, flyables or AI. You can set the probability of particular AC type to be in the air... For example, in 1945 45% Bf109, 45%Fw190 and 10% Me262...

Firstly, you can add new planes to flyables-list of campaign from the beginning:
In DGen folder open planesXXX.dat file. Here is an example for planesRuF.dat (a part of it), which is the list of flyables for russian fighter campaign.

[Lvov41]
I_16TYPE18
I_16TYPE24
LAGG_3SERIES4
YAK_1
MIG_3EARLY

(And so on similarly for next subcampaigns).

So, now if you for exaple want to add other MiG-3 types to list, you simply add them here, like this:

[Lvov41]
I_16TYPE18
I_16TYPE24
LAGG_3SERIES4
YAK_1
MIG_3EARLY
MIG_3UB
MIG_3AM38
MIG_3SHVAK

Of course you have to put in perfectly correct name for plane. Unfortunately I lost the list at last formatting - anybody else maybe?

You can also change plane in the middle of campaing. Well, last time I was doing this, it was back in 2.01 times, things have maybee changed. You go to folder missions/campaign, and open LAST .mis file. It is a txt file, so open it with notepad. Now play a little bit with it, so for example change La5 to SpitIX... Note however, that you will fly one more plane with old plane, before switching to new... And save old files, just in case http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif.

That's at least how it worked in 2.x ver... so maybe some expert want to help us?

Spitf_ACE
04-16-2005, 06:18 PM
If you're not happy with the campaign, I thoroughly recommend Lowengrins Dynamic Campaign Generator (DCG) found at http://www.lowengrin.com/news.php

Many people use this in preference to the stock campaign generator (DGen), it is fully customisable, allowing you to change your plane, and the planes in all the squadrons present. I can't list all the features, I recommend you try it for yourself.

A few people have complained about difficulty setting it up right, but once you do, you won't look back. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

masaker2005
04-17-2005, 03:19 AM
Thanks tigertalon and Spitf. ( nisem vedel da so tukaj tudi Slovenci)

Atomic_Marten
04-17-2005, 10:56 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by 3.JG51_BigBear:
A similar thing happened to me right after I bought PF. I started a campaign in a Corsair and was on a recon flight with a wingman. Over a small atol just above the clouds I saw two ki-43s. After the initial head to head they dove down through the clouds and I followed with my wingman. There in front of me was at least 25 maybe thirty Japanese fighters. It was a mixed bag of Oscars and Georges. Needless to say I got nailed by them. They got my wingman straight off, I managed to wing one or two and brought down a couple more before they took care of me. Those are the favorite times in this game for me, when you know you're going to lose but you want to take as many of them with you as you possibly can. I always quit the campaign after I get knocked off and I never restarted so I didn't really figure out how to beat em. I geuss running would have probably worked if I hadn't gotten so close to that island chasing after the Oscars. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I have never run away from troubles that much in my entire life, like in IL2 campaigns http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif. Some battles (that regards PTO especially) you simply can not won, and is far sane option to run if you can, of course.

Some times I lost my nerves from all that running and get into furball, but I don't last long http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif.

Treetop64
04-17-2005, 11:53 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Von_Zero:
let me guess you are playing a Pearl Harbour mission? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sounds more like the first USMC Mission at Wake Island. My wingman and I were swallowed up by swarms of A6M2s.

Don't worry, Neil-1821. The only way to fail this mission is to die. It is impossible to make a tactical victory in a situation such as this.

Many allied pilots faced similar situations all over Southeast Asia, New Guinea, and the Southwestern Pacific during the first few days, perhaps weeks, of the Pacific War. Many did not survive to have the opportunity to express their fustrations after being shot down...