PDA

View Full Version : What custom songs are you going to upload into Driver 76?

Driverman2006
04-08-2007, 10:55 AM
Hey everybody, happy Easter! Anyway, I read some more info on Driver 76 for the PSP and it said it will have a customizable soundtrack (like most PSP games I guess). Great news isn't it? So I'm guessing that Driver 76 will have the 70s songs from D:PL (with maybe a few cutbacks for historical reasons). So, what songs do you want to upload onto your PSP for this game? Here's mine.

"Changes", "Rebel Rebel", "Ziggy Stardust" and "Space Oddity" by David Bowie
"Can't Get Enough of Your Love Babe" and "You're the First, the Last, My Everything" by Barry White

"Bohiemian Rhapsody" by Queen
"Gimme Danger" by Iggy Pop
"The Boss" by James Brown
"Stayin' Alive", "Tragedy", "New York Mining Disaster 1941", and "Nights on Broadway" by the Bee Gees

"Paint it Black", "I Can't Go No Satisfaction", "Last Time", and "Ruby Tuesday" by the Rolling Stones

I tried to pick out songs from 1976 and before, I'll edit it later. And not to go off topic, but for Easter I got The Best of Bowie CD and it has the same version of "Suffragette City" as in D:PL.

Slayer_591
04-08-2007, 02:23 PM
Anthing that keeps me pumped up and drive the way the I do in the game.

matt__jon
04-08-2007, 02:37 PM
Might as well make this topic for all future Driver games, I'm pretty sure you'll be able to do it on PS3 and X360

That said, I'll probably put music I listen to everyday on there, that will seem weird at first to play the game with. Try to mix it up a little, keep things fresh.

I'll have to have some shred, from the likes of Joe Satriani, Buckethead, Megadeth, Metallica, Pantera, Ozzy Osbourne, Iron Maiden, Avenged Sevenfold and others I can't think of off the top of my head

Then you gotta have the classics, Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, Van Halen, The Who, Edgar Winters, ACDC, The Eagles, The Beatles, and many more (starting to sound like a CD commercial)

Then I'll throw in some rap, Eminem, Tupac, Dr Dre, Snoop Dogg, Ice Cube some break dance songs, Afrika Bambaata, Cybotron

A little bit of punk, Foo Fighters, Greenday, Sum41, can't think of too many groups with a lot of hits

And the icing on the cake, I'll throw in some random songs, some funk, funny songs (Stephen Lynch mostly), and anything else I missed

Driverman2006
04-08-2007, 05:42 PM
Good idea Matt Jon. Maybe I'll make similar threads to this one in the future.

And yes the PS3 and XBOX 360 have customizable soundtracks in their games. My brother has the 360 and he was playing Project Gothom Racing 3 with Green Day music in the background. Pretty cool concept.http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

I sure hope we can also remove some songs out of the game's soundtrack too. I like listening to all the 70s songs in D:PL. Except for one, that being the song "Loose and Juicy". I hate that song so much, I wish I could remove it out of D:PL for good in my version of it, but I can't.

Here's something else that was mentioned. There might be a PS3 version of Driver 76. It said so in PSM, but it is not confirmed yet. It's a great way for Reflections and Ubisoft to make more dough.

Slayer_591
04-08-2007, 08:55 PM
I only played a little bit of DPL and I was playing in the 2000s era and I didn't like the music!!!But liked the 70s though.

I'm glad they will have the custom soundtrack feature for Driver 76.So I can put in Avenged Sevenfold,KoRn,Distrubed,etc.

Assaultmachine1
04-09-2007, 02:23 PM
I would probably upload the songs that fit the gameplay really well. Whether it's driving or on-foot, I will try to find the right music for it to keep me company and have a grand time, that is, if I ever get a PSP and if I am ever able to rent this game from GameFly.

matt__jon
04-09-2007, 05:44 PM
D76 on PS3 will only be a cash cow if its any good, and I'm pretty sure its mostly a port with new missions.

Assaultmachine1
04-10-2007, 07:08 AM
Driver 76 is not coming out for the PS3, Matt_jon. It's coming out for the PSP. I think that Reflections has their own Driver game they're wishing to work on for the PS3.

Driverman2006
04-12-2007, 01:10 PM
Well like I said, a PS3 version of Driver 76 has not been officially announced yet, but it's a good thing to wish for.

I can't believe the Driver games before D:PL did not have the song "Suffragette City" by David Bowie.http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif That song is a MUST for ALL future Driver games, even if it isn't the theme song (it was the theme song in D:PL). I like David Bowie's music, so what? Anybody else a Bowie fan? Well if you are, you might like this news, David Bowie is hosting a concert in New York City (his hometown) in May called the "Highline Festival". I hope I can go (depending on what I have on my agenda for that month).

I hope I can upload my favorite Bowie songs from my new Bowie CD onto my PSP (as soon as I get it, next week!) If it works, there will be some major ch-ch-ch-ch-changes to the soundtrack, lol!http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Assaultmachine1
04-12-2007, 03:34 PM
Are you kidding me? Having Ray or T.K. wouldn't be a very impressive thing for Reflections to do. And it certainly won't turn out the best decision ever made by Reflections and a game publisher if this does happen. I want something more along the lines of the first two Driver games. They should forget about D3 or at least DPL since it was only the icing on the cake and not exactly given what you can expect from Reflections. If Reflections fails to deliver a bigger and more new experience for the Driver franchise next time that we see a Driver game (on the next-generation consoles), I will tell Reflections that they can kiss my *** because they are so bad at doing their job. One thing is for sure. We need Tanner back! Have you forgotten that you wanted Tanner back in the first place, Driverman2006? What ever happened to you and Tanner? Do you still wish to see him back or not?

Driverman2006
04-12-2007, 03:57 PM
I didn't say anything about TK or Ray. I'm not sure who you're talking too Assaultmachine1. I was saying that "Suffragette City" is a good song that would be/have been great to have in all Driver games. And how David Bowie is the host of the Highline Festival in NYC in May. Tanner does need to return in the next Driver game, you know I'm for that right? Hell, I've been saying that for over a year now.

Assaultmachine1
04-12-2007, 10:28 PM
Well that's good to hear. I was starting to think that you forgot about having Tanner in a Driver game when having mentioned that you'd like seeing a port of D76 for the PS3.

Driverman2006
04-13-2007, 12:32 PM
Ahhh, I'm sorry that you got confused. But don't you think Reflections and Ubisoft will make more money if they sell Driver 76 for a home console (not just a portable system)? I think it's a good idea, and it won't be "Driver 4/5", but I'm still going to get it for the PSP.

Assaultmachine1
04-13-2007, 12:57 PM
Personally, I think that they would make a lot more money to move onto a new Driver game rather than Driver 76 again because people would go and say, "Oh, it's this game again. I've played it on the PSP and I don't think that I'll need to do it again." Or they might find bad reviews about the PSP port and think that it'll turn out the same for the PS3 port too.

Driver Parallel Lines and Driver 76 are some very big GTA rip-offs than even Driver, Driver 2, and Driv3r have ever attempted to do, which is bad because Driver's formula is growing smaller in each Driver game now. They should forget about DPL and D76 mainly because those games are more like icing on the cake, just for making more money, but only making more money is not enough and won't get you a killer app game, which Reflections has yet to create.

I would want Reflections to create a Driver game that performs highest in both the capabilities of the console that it's on and even be able to do very well commercially of both selling well and of all the viewers that watch it. Ubisoft should help the next-gen Driver games become as close to being killer app games as ever could be possible and at the same time, not have them be any more GTA rip-offs while being less with the Driver formula (DPL, D76). This is what I would expect a smart publisher like Ubisoft to do for Reflections' Driver Franchise.

Driverman2006
04-15-2007, 10:20 AM
Well, let's just keep a positive attitude about the future of the Driver series. Don't lose faith in what you believe in.

Anyway, you guys know the song "Rebel Rebel" by David Bowie? That song is in the commercial for the new show on Fox called "Drive". Perfect song for "Driver... 76". I'm going to put that song into Driver 76 for sure (as well as the rest of the future Driver games)!http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Dutch_Seinfeld
04-16-2007, 09:50 AM
I was thinking of "Danger Zone" by Kenny Loggins (the song from Top Gun), "I love L.A." by Randy Newman, "A man for all seasons" by Robbie Wiliams, or "Love Generation" by Bob Sinclair.

Driverman2006
04-16-2007, 12:13 PM
Here's a good song for the next Driver...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZC4371a1HBA

Notice how it mentions something about a "rival" game to the Driver series.