PDA

View Full Version : P-51 pilots

Bsnakeman
01-05-2005, 01:30 PM
Hi guys !
Wich is the LW plane that mostly shoot you down ? Sure depends a lot on the pilot but... I´ve just posted that General Yeager stated that the Fw-190 A8 was the only german aircraft comparable to the Mustang. Is that true ?
Best,

Bsnakeman
01-05-2005, 01:30 PM
Hi guys !
Wich is the LW plane that mostly shoot you down ? Sure depends a lot on the pilot but... I´ve just posted that General Yeager stated that the Fw-190 A8 was the only german aircraft comparable to the Mustang. Is that true ?
Best,

LStarosta
01-05-2005, 01:42 PM
Yeager also said the Fw190 D9 was the best piston engined fighter he ever flew.

FatBoyHK
01-05-2005, 01:58 PM
Mustang is my regular ride and here is my stats:

9 out of 10 of my kills are BF109s. I must say it is not primarily because of performance difference between a Mustang and a BF109, although it is related. The top reason, however, is there is soooo many 109s flying online... so much more than other plane type. The second reason is that most expert players prefer 190s (various model) as their choice of ride. Better pilot, more difficult to kill, simple maths...

But a@@uming average pilot quality, if I am on a Mustang with sufficent E advantage, it is actually regardless of what plane I am facing... Tactics may differ, but outcomes are the same.

In every 10 times of my death, 6 acount to BF109, 3 account to FW190, and 1 accounts to TA152. You see the difference. FW190 seem to be harder oppoent for the Mustang. It is true, 190's roll rate, speed and high speed handling made escape very difficult.

And TA152 is a monster, it is very fast and can catch me on a Mustang with ease... This is why it accounts for 1 out of 10 of my death even when it is so rare online.

About 109, to escape from it is relately easy, due to it poor high speed handling....a double Spit-S works great, or you may simply dive straight down.

Bsnakeman
01-05-2005, 02:18 PM
You´ve said.."most expert players prefer 190s "
190´s or 109´s ? By your accounts of 6 109 to 3 190 that got you and your kills of 9 to 10 are 109´s we could say that by quantity the average could be 2 109 for 3 190 that shoot you down. It´s a rough average but gives you an idea how it goes. So I presume that D9´s are daily guests at your 6, aren´t they ? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif
Best,

FatBoyHK
01-05-2005, 02:42 PM
actually I don't understand your formula but yes, i mean most expert prefer FW190. If every plane is the same and every 10 planes there are 9 Bf109 and 1 FW190, then every 10 of my kill will include 9 BF109 and 1 FW190, same for my death. But it isn't.

Pilot quality is one of the reason. But why good pilot choose FW190? Because it is a better plane for experienced pilot.

I said previously that if I have the initiative it can win (not necessary a kill, forced disengagment counts too) regardless of the plane I am facing, it is especially truth if you do BnZ attack, which I do much on a Mustang. So we can actually ignore my kill stat, it is just for your information http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

and in defense, Mustang can easily shake away a 109, regardless of pilot skill. It is because 109's high speed handling is bad. It is not the case for 190, it can match a Mustang in high speed.

Remember I am not saying BF109 is a piece of ****. it is at the disadvantage side in this matchup when he is on the offensive (as I said, if a mustang is on the offensive it is actually regardless), but on another matchup (such as 109 vs Spit) it may be a totally different ballgame.

FatBoyHK
01-05-2005, 02:44 PM
about D9, not really http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif there is not many 190 online, but yes, if a 190D got my six I can only run, and if I don't have altitute I can only pray (he is faster than me on the deck), hoping some buddies will see me.

Bsnakeman
01-05-2005, 04:14 PM
So, which is the hardest 109 ( F/G ) you´ve found a though bone to deal ? Somebody posted that Oleg said the K-4 now is something. I still find it a bit heavy favouring G2 and F4 for dogfigths. What amazes me is that the majority of LW aces prefered the 109.
Best

robban75
01-05-2005, 04:22 PM
I'd reckon the K-4 to be the toughest one to beat. But only because of its insane climbrate.

JG7_Rall
01-05-2005, 06:50 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Bsnakeman:
So, which is the hardest 109 ( F/G ) you´ve found a though bone to deal ? Somebody posted that Oleg said the K-4 now is something. I still find it a bit heavy favouring G2 and F4 for dogfigths. What amazes me is that the majority of LW aces prefered the 109.
Best <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's because the majority of the LW aces had been flying the 109 their whole "war careers" so to speak. 190, in real life, was overall a better plane, but they perfered the 109 because they really knew how to work it to its full potential and could fight very effectivley in it. Same goes for 190 pilots. Towards the end of the war when 190's were running thin, a lot of units had to convert from the 190 to the 109. Needless to say, they were NOT happy about it.

FatBoyHK
01-06-2005, 01:27 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Bsnakeman:
Best <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

109G lack the speed to be a significant threat (bar the G-10), if I play it smart on a Mustang. But yes, K4 is quite a monster in term of speed and climb. But like all other 109 model, it is not good at high speed handling, and I can always use it to my advantage, especially on defense.

Bearcat99
01-06-2005, 09:08 AM
Out of the German planes I prefer the 109s.. but the 190 is the tank.. it is too skittish for me though. The roll rate alone is phenominal...

LStarosta
01-06-2005, 11:05 AM
Best <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

And someone named Gulliver believed him.