PDA

View Full Version : F4U vs Ki-84 in 3.04

MrQBerrt
01-19-2005, 11:10 AM
Last week in 3.03 I was fighting in my F4U against 3 Ki-84's offline against average pilots, and I killed them all pretty easily. I could out-turn them as well as out-accelerate them. I just flew the same thing last night with 3.04 and the Ki's were out-accelerating me and out-turning me.
However, I also got a new controller a few days ago and all my flying has been a bit spastic. So I'd like to know; has anyone else noticed either a decrease in F4U performance or an increase in Ki-84 performance. Again, I'm talking both it terms of acceleration and turning ability.

The purpose of this is not to start a discussion of what planes got porked in the latest patch, this isn't for whining, but for trying to discover what changes were made in the FM's and what planes have advantages over other planes.

BTW, I can't wait for Airwares and such sites to come out with statistics of all the new planes and plane on plane advantages/disadvantages like we've had for FB planes. There's just really too many planes to learn without some sort of help. (And I mean that as a compliment about the series)

Yimmy
01-19-2005, 11:21 AM
I can't really answer your question, given that I have not tried the .304 patch yet; however the Ki84 can do everything the F4U does just as well, and can do some things better.

On online play, I can keep on the tail of an F4U indefinetely, unless they are a very skilled player. There are no disadvantages to the Ki's flight performance, other than maybe being a tiny bit slower.

Fritzofn
01-19-2005, 11:36 AM
i feel like the MG's has been tweaked, i scored easy kills in the Hayabusa and SPIT...(of all things...a SPIT....OMG OLEG, WHAT HAVE U DONE)

MrQBerrt
01-19-2005, 11:42 AM
Yeah Yimmy, I really enjoy flying the Ki-84's as well. In my opinion, the big disadvantage in flying them is that I tend to black out a lot http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

However, the average level AI pilot is not very good and I could always out fly them pretty easily before in just about every area. Now I'm having a lot more trouble. I didn't see an AI change listed in the changes for 3.04, so I'm assuming that the change is either with me (very likely) or with the FM's.

And Fritzofn, I also flew the 1 on 3 where I was a Spit and they were F4U's and I mopped the floor with them. The Spit is tons of fun to fly with the current flight models.