PDA

View Full Version : Anybody here use IE7?

FE_pilot
03-20-2007, 10:50 PM
Does anybody here use Internet Explorer 7?

If you do, tell me, is ot better than the other internet browsers out there like Mozilla?

I want to try it out, thats why im aksing.

Lead-Brick
03-21-2007, 12:39 AM
There are problems with some plugins. Stick with firefox till they or the plugin authors sort things out. Adobe reader 6 and Alternatif wouldn't work for me after upgradeing

Cheers

Kim

bienenbaer
03-21-2007, 12:51 AM
Me fool. And I'm nor particular pleased with it.

I cannot anymore find the files that used to be in the "temporary internet folder". E.g. with I.E. 6 you could easily take out slides that used to be in flashplayer presentations and use them as picutres for your own purposes.

Probably I have not found the HOWTO yet, but it seems IE7 whole purpose is much stricter, user-unfriendly digital rights management.

msalama
03-21-2007, 01:00 AM
Do yourself a favor and use Firefox instead. At work there were some individuals who upgraded their IE to v7 without asking us techie guys 1st, and what then happened was that some of their SW just bloody exploded http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_mad.gif

So personally I'm not recommending it to anyone at least yet... YMMV however http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

JR_Greenhorn
03-21-2007, 01:05 AM
As a long time IE user, I decided to give Firefox a second try after getting used to tabbed browsing in IE7. I've been shocked at the speed difference between the two; I suppose that DRM cr@p in IE7 eats a lot of bandwidth.

Other than Firefox's superior speed, I have found it not as user-friendly to download all of the plug-ins for the stuff my wife likes to look at on the internet. Part of me is happy that it's harder to unknowingly install so much cr@p like with IE, but it's also a pain to have to go find a plug-in every time she goes somewhere new. Of course, once you get a plug-in installed and working properly, you never have to deal with it again (theoretically), so it's only a matter of time for Firefox and me to get there.

Another thing I've found with IE7 is that I've been able to resume most failed downloads (within a reasonably short amount of time after the failure) without using a download manager. I think this is due to Background Intelligent Transfer or some other embedded MS trickery, but it is a nice feature with my internet connection.

I've also found some choice add-ons for Firefox, like a spell checker and in-browser music player controls. I've searched a bit for things like these for IE, but they either don't exist or aren't as nice as with Firefox.

I haven't had any plug-in problems with IE7 yet, although I've downloaded Adobe Reader 8 and I'm not familiar with Alternatif.

Actually, IE7 and Firefox function so similarly now, that with the right skin and some toolbar customizing, you can set up the two browsers to be very close to identical UI.

pacettid
03-21-2007, 05:13 AM
I tried it...sucks...using Firefox...it rocks!

F19_Orheim
03-21-2007, 05:14 AM
no problems with it... I think it is just an anti microsoft hype to say it's cr@p http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

mrsiCkstar
03-21-2007, 05:40 AM
no it's not...

the techie dude here at work upgraded everyone's browsers to IE7 and the scripts all run slow as hell with continueous stutters... the cursor position on the screen will continuously stay frozen for several seconds when alt tabbing back into the browser... it sucks.

VV_Holdenb
03-21-2007, 05:51 AM
I use both IE and FireFox. but my vote goes to FireFox.

Go FireFox. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

capt_frank
03-21-2007, 06:10 AM
I have more problems with my alarm clock than IE7. Just love the tab browsing.

bazzaah2
03-21-2007, 06:23 AM
I don't use it - Firefox here and sometimes Opera - but last time I looked at it, IE7 looked good, but noticeably slower than FF or Opera though.

Nice they took the trouble to make it more like FF!

MEGILE
03-21-2007, 06:31 AM
I use Firefox while naked.

bazzaah2
03-21-2007, 06:35 AM
which browser do you use when clothed?

Bearcat99
03-21-2007, 07:03 AM
I am a die hard Firefox fan... more feature.. better look.... less hassle.... I just started using it @ 6 months or so ago..... but it does the job and gives me options in a browser I hadn't even considered with IE6.... AFAIC... if IE 7 is more "Firefox like" then why bother.... MS has a tendency to imitate other stuff.... so they can further monopolize the market.... and why bother with the knockoff.. when I can have the genuine original.

Deedsundone
03-21-2007, 11:04 AM
Got it,no problem here.

flox
03-21-2007, 01:02 PM
I use IE7 at work and FF at home. While there are many performance and security reasons why I like FF, I actually prefer the UI (menus can be hidden) and tab performance of IE7 better.

Additionally, I have experienced zero problems with IE.