PDA

View Full Version : BoB idea...

BlakJakOfSpades
08-07-2005, 07:46 PM
As we know, battle of britain will support trackir 6DOF. This means of course you can move your head around in all directions. Also, I've read that the g forces on your head in PF are severly muted making gunnery easier as your head is always lined up with the sight.

Now, if in BoB the option to increase these forces to a more realistic level were included, then those with 6DOF could achieve a more realistic experience as you are constantly having to adjust your head position under different g loads. Also, this would provide better visual clues to you, the gamer, as to the actual g forces your player is experiencing. This should be an option as those without 6DOF would have a hard time trying to do the same with a hat switch or similar. So, what do you guys think?

p1ngu666
08-07-2005, 07:57 PM
i imagine it would be very hard to move "upwards" as its like everything is 2x as heavy for 2x, and your strapped in...

be like driving a car and trying to lift up with a person of similer size of u on your lap.
add a extra person for each G...

ClnlSandersLite
08-08-2005, 12:09 AM
I'd say no. Without the seat of your pants feel, this would be VERY difficult. I'd say that the headshake currently modeled is good.

FritzGryphon
08-08-2005, 12:36 AM
One thing I would like to see, is having the amplitude of headshake stay constant throughout the various views, rather than changing as it does now.

In normal view, there is quite a bit of head movement due to G, enough to give a nice feel, and be mildy disorienting (like it should be). In gunsight view, there is very little, almost no movement. In padlock mode, headshade disappears altogether, even gunshake! I hate to say, but I use this exploit to aim more steadily. This goes for 6DOF users; it shouldn't override the headshake.

The amount of movement should be constant, regardless of view. A true difficulty option, rather than just something there for aesthetics when you feel like it.

Increasing the amplitude wouldn't be a bad idea either. You'd think 6G, something like 25kg (!) or more on your head alone, would be enough to move your eye out of line with the sight. Conforms with anecdotal descriptions of aiming difficulties while under G.

FlatSpinMan
08-08-2005, 06:07 AM
Hate to sound ignorant but what exactly does the "headshake" option do? I always have it selected but have never noticed any actual effect. Maybe it's just my uberness http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/icon_twisted.gif

BlakJakOfSpades
08-08-2005, 03:27 PM
i believe headshake is the effect when you fire your guns that, well, shakes your head.

tHeBaLrOgRoCkS
08-08-2005, 03:32 PM
That's actually not a half bad suggestion I like it! and its one of the more interesting aplications of 6dof I have heard suggested.

LStarosta
08-08-2005, 08:12 PM
Then all my friends watching me play BoB will really think I'm insane.

tHeBaLrOgRoCkS
08-08-2005, 09:22 PM
I got news for you mate if your already using track-ir its too late, they already do think your insane http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/35.gif