PDA

View Full Version : So I've seen the Birds of Prey trailer (PS3)...

Mak6
05-06-2009, 12:50 AM
Is there any knowledge if IL2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey is coming to the PC?

It looks amazing on the Playstation 3, (and I also have one), but would really like to see this shine on the PC platform. Much more versatile and customizable.

Mak6
05-06-2009, 12:50 AM
Is there any knowledge if IL2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey is coming to the PC?

It looks amazing on the Playstation 3, (and I also have one), but would really like to see this shine on the PC platform. Much more versatile and customizable.

knightflyte
05-06-2009, 01:41 AM
Unless things have recently dramatically changed, BoP will be console only.

Up until yesterday, 1C Maddox's IL2 forum had a section reserved for BoP. I wonder if there's finally a dedicated website for Birds of Prey?

Romanator21
05-06-2009, 02:40 AM
To be frank, the PC version of BoP is IL-2 1946. The console version just has nicer graphics, and simpler controls. But to be fair, the next PC version of the game will be Storm of War.

danjama
05-06-2009, 06:55 AM
I'll definitely buy BOP, at the least to support Oleg and give him a cash injection (also as thanks for all the years from il2). The best that could happen is it is good and i like it. I hope it has online features.

Mak6
05-06-2009, 08:52 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by danjama:
I'll definitely buy BOP, at the least to support Oleg and give him a cash injection (also as thanks for all the years from il2). The best that could happen is it is good and i like it. I hope it has online features. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I agree. Oleg has done marvelous work over the past years and it would be nice if he could continue that work in the future. IL2 has been one of the best combat flight simulations in recent years and it's very cheap! Even if it may not be as much as a simulation as 1946 is, I will still pick it up so he may have the funds to keep design open.

Thanks for the other replies. I will watch out for Storm of War. Hoping to see more lighting effects used in the PC platform, because that's all it's really missing as far as graphical detail.

DKoor
05-06-2009, 10:01 AM
From what I gathered on banana forum, Oleg had nothing to do with Birds of Prey, apart from borrowing the game engine to the BoP makers.

If I'm wrong then someone correct me please.

Choctaw111
05-06-2009, 12:01 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DKoor:
From what I gathered on banana forum, Oleg had nothing to do with Birds of Prey, apart from borrowing the game engine to the BoP makers.

If I'm wrong then someone correct me please. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He did not give them the game engine as I recall, but the flight models. The BoP development team created every thing else from the ground up. Buying BoP will not put any money in Oleg's pocket that I can tell, unless perhaps he gets a royalty for every copy they sell for helping them out. I mean, giving the BoP development team anything from Oleg's hard earned and developed Il2 should get him something. Perhaps he just sold them the use of the flight models. Who knows?

Trinity_Jay
05-06-2009, 12:07 PM
My review is in the latest issue of Aircraft Illustrated magazine.

Jay

Dolemite-
05-06-2009, 06:24 PM
They also borrowed the pilots.

Im on the fence with BoP, on one hand it might spark console players interest in PC sims, on the other hand nothing from the BoP videos I've watched suggests that it's anything like our IL-2 other than that they share a few aircraft and theatres. So the IL-2 prefix is kind of a misnomer

PB0_shadow
05-07-2009, 03:36 AM
I highly doubt that 1c has any right to sell an Il2 game on PC without asking Ubi to distribute it first, taking into account the contrcts linking the two parties....(I'm pretty sure they should have made an offer to Ubi about
BoP on consoles and I am sure they didn't)

Insuber
05-07-2009, 03:47 PM
Are you in possession of a copy of the contract? In this case, what are the termination clauses, and which is the contract duration?
Which mutual obligations "link the two parties" ? Just curious.

Ins