PDA

View Full Version : Why are people SUGGESTING they throw out the animus??

GeneralTrumbo
10-17-2011, 10:10 AM
They want AC to JUST be a full-out history game. That would really hurt the franchise in my eyes...seeing as the story would suffer, due to their not being that side-story Desmond stuff going on, which is really the best story going on.

LightRey
10-17-2011, 10:12 AM
I don't think they should throw out that concept. The fact that there's a modern-day storyline greatly emphasizes the importance of the bigger picture.

Jexx21
10-17-2011, 10:13 AM
I think people don't want the Animus as in they want Desmond to use the Bleeding effect or the Sixth sense to go back through his memories while on the go.

GeneralTrumbo
10-17-2011, 10:17 AM
Originally posted by Jexx21:
I think people don't want the Animus as in they want Desmond to use the Bleeding effect or the Sixth sense to go back through his memories while on the go.

No I mean, some people are suggesting that they throw out ALL modern-day parts of the story, and make it ONLY in the past.

Jexx21
10-17-2011, 10:21 AM
Maybe for a spin off game.

GeneralTrumbo
10-17-2011, 10:26 AM
Maybe for a spin off game.

A spin-off only in the past, I would be fine with. But, NEVER should they make the MAIN game take place ONLY in the past.

taz838838
10-17-2011, 10:28 AM
I remember in AC1, I could careless about what happened outside Altair's story, as to be honest it was not what I was interested in. However AC2 made MUCH more use of the Animus and made it very interesting. At this present stage I think I am interested in both Ezio and the animus equally.

The animus is a bridge of all ideas, so getting rid of it will remove of Assassin's Creed originality.

Calvarok
10-17-2011, 10:31 AM
I don't think that will ever work. Even if there is a game with no modern story (They'd just call it a recording and say that the player is the one watching it)
they can't just throw out the animus HUD. There's be no excuse for structure like memory walls or DNA sequences or loading screens.

In my opinion, it would weaken the series.

As for why some people don't want the animus: some people liked the idea of AC more when they thought it was a purely historical game.

As for me, I would never have gotten as deeply into AC as I did if there was no present-day conspiracy story. That was the only thing that motivated me to finish AC1, actually, after I got bored of investigations. I just told myself "There's another Desmond segment coming up next, and you can snoop around on some emails and talk to Lucy".

In AC2 I was a lot more drawn to the Animus story, because of how big and sprawling it was in comparison, but Desmond bits just helped me stay psyched about the game, and the Glyphs changed what I expect from a game's story depth-wise, forever.

GeneralTrumbo
10-17-2011, 10:32 AM
Originally posted by taz838838:
I remember in AC1, I could careless about what happened outside Altair's story, as to be honest it was not what I was interested in. However AC2 made MUCH more use of the Animus and made it very interesting. At this present stage I think I am interested in both Ezio and the animus equally.

The animus is a bridge of all ideas, so getting rid of it will remove of Assassin's Creed originality.

Yep. People need to realize that more. Today, I actually want to see MORE of Desmond. And MORE outside the animus. I love the historical aspect as well. There are many things in the formula that make Assassins Creed good.

kriegerdesgottes
10-17-2011, 10:33 AM
I feel like the people who want to throw out the animus concept are people who want to do away with the history parts and not the modern day portion of the game. You need the animus to see the historic(interesting) parts of the game. However I feel like the game is better the way they are now with more history and a little bit of modern times. If I had to pick though between a game that is all history and no modern times or all modern times and no history I would pick all history and no modern. Worst case scenario.

GeneralTrumbo
10-17-2011, 10:34 AM
Originally posted by Calvarok:
I don't think that will ever work. Even if there is a game with no modern story (They'd just call it a recording and say that the player is the one watching it)
they can't just throw out the animus HUD. There's be no excuse for structure like memory walls or DNA sequences or loading screens.

In my opinion, it would weaken the series.

As for why some people don't want the animus: some people liked the idea of AC more when they thought it was a purely historical game.

As for me, I would never have gotten as deeply into AC as I did if there was no present-day conspiracy story. That was the only thing that motivated me to finish AC1, actually, after I got bored of investigations. I just told myself "There's another Desmond segment coming up next, and you can snoop around on some emails and talk to Lucy".

In AC2 I was a lot more drawn to the Animus story, because of how big and sprawling it was in comparison, but Desmond bits just helped me stay psyched about the game, and the Glyphs changed what I expect from a game's story depth-wise, forever.

Yeah I know. I LOVED the glyphs. They were great! It was a nice change of pace and really touched on real-life conspiracy theories. It even touched on religious aspects, such as the Adam and Eve story. It even had Moses and Jesus in the mix!

Calvarok
10-17-2011, 10:36 AM
Originally posted by kriegerdesgotte:
I feel like the people who want to throw out the animus concept are people who want to do away with the history parts and not the modern day portion of the game. You need the animus to see the historic(interesting) parts of the game. However I feel like the game is better the way they are now with more history and a little bit of modern times. If I had to pick though between a game that is all history and no modern times or all modern times and no history I would pick all history and no modern. Worst case scenario.

I have no problem with the entirety of the game being set in a historical context, with no modern storyline, but really, I think the animus should always be used as a framing device, just because it's such a good justification for all the inevitable "gamey" things that have to be in a game.

GeneralTrumbo
10-17-2011, 10:37 AM
Originally posted by kriegerdesgotte:

This thread is specifically aimed towards those that want to do away with modern-day altogether. There ARE people like that, that think that we should just completely do away with modern-day. I think honestly that would ruin the franchise. I do think maybe more of the game should take place in historical points, BUT I do think that they need to add MORE of Desmond to the mix altogether. MORE modern-day segments, while also remaining true to the historical segments of the game.

kriegerdesgottes
10-17-2011, 10:44 AM
Well I'll be honest with you, Before AC1 came out and no one knew that there was even a modern aspect to the game(even though we all suspected it), I couldn't wait to play it. It was the first game I ever pre-ordered so I could play in a thousand year old version of Jerusalem and Acre etc. And when I saw the whole modern setting/story I will admit I was disappointed but the more I thought about the concept of ancestry and memories being in dna the more the concept grew on me and now I feel like the animus serves as such an ingenius plot device to go anywhere. But having an all modern game to me would be a much worse scenario than all history(although I wouldn't really want either scenario tbh).

ProletariatPleb
10-17-2011, 11:15 AM
When AC1 came out, Altaïr story had me immersed, when I had to go out of sessions, I used to wonder why not just make it a historical game, that was because, there wasn't really much to do except sleep(and talk SOMETIMES). ACII had more things, also, testing our abilities. Now if people want to take out the animus, they shouldn't play AC, it's about (atleast currently what I understand in the Desmond arc) learning from the past and applying it to the future.

Abeonis
10-17-2011, 11:30 AM
Originally posted by GeneralTrumbo:
They want AC to JUST be a full-out history game. That would really hurt the franchise in my eyes...seeing as the story would suffer, due to their not being that side-story Desmond stuff going on, which is really the best story going on.

Considering the entire game series is set in the year 2012 (and technically never leaves that year), removing these modern-day parts would defeat the entire point of the series.

Calvarok
10-17-2011, 11:32 AM
Originally posted by Abeonis:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by GeneralTrumbo:

Not if they wrap up the 2012 story and move forward, like they said they will do.
Considering the entire game series is set in the year 2012 (and technically never leaves that year), removing these modern-day parts would defeat the entire point of the series. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

GeneralTrumbo
10-17-2011, 11:35 AM
Originally posted by Abeonis:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by GeneralTrumbo:

Considering the entire game series is set in the year 2012 (and technically never leaves that year), removing these modern-day parts would defeat the entire point of the series. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yep. People are going to give Ubisoft bad ideas. Ideas that shouldn't be done.

RzaRecta357
10-17-2011, 11:42 AM
I don't know. I remember when I first played AC1 and heard it would be a trilogy.

I figured he mentioned the motorcycle license and we'd have that instead of horses. I personally would love to see Desmond with his hood up. Maybe give him some sort of zipline gun so he could use a modern zipline. Only problem is we have no real way to rock a health bar or anything then. The animus makes the HUD of the game actually make total sense.

Things like that. But I would still like the animus to play a part in helping him find his path.

We know AC3 is gonna have to have some major gameplay improvements and upgrades or just something really different to make it stand out from these AC2 games.

Games in reverse? Playing as Desmond with the option to hop in the animus and visit an ancestor in a different time. Probably still wouldn't work.

I guess i'm just yakkin on. All I know is I hope I get to have some hood up Desmond sections with him actually murdering and free roaming.

lukaszep
10-17-2011, 12:53 PM
I don't see why some people don't like the Desmond game play, especially in AC:B i thought it was fun and mixes things up a bit.

ShaneO7K
10-17-2011, 12:58 PM
Throwing away the modern day storyline would be a bad move. I personally find that it is the more interesting part of the AC series in terms of story.

The only real downside to it is that it would be incredibly difficult to give the modern day side good gameplay that isn't too much like Splinter Cell or another game, and the normal AC gameplay would definetly not fit with a serious modern day combat level due to the amount of guns which would realisticly be there.

MostJadedGamer
10-19-2011, 01:54 PM
They want AC to JUST be a full-out history game.

Because that would be best for the game. I HATE all that Sci-Fi, and Modern crap interrupting my game. I don't want to be taken out of my historical setting. Its just flat out annoying, and interrupts the game

I want the game to be full out history with no Desmond, no anibus, no modern or Sci-Fi crap.

That would really hurt the franchise in my eyes...seeing as the story would suffer, due to their not being that side-story Desmond stuff going on, which is really the best story going on.

The Sci Fi, and Desmond story is total crap, and I just try to ignore that stuff the best I can.

MostJadedGamer
10-19-2011, 01:58 PM
No I mean, some people are suggesting that they throw out ALL modern-day parts of the story, and make it ONLY in the past.

I am one of those people who want ALL Modern Day, AND ALL Sci-Fi parts removed from the game.

LightRey
10-19-2011, 02:01 PM
Originally posted by dennis580:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">No I mean, some people are suggesting that they throw out ALL modern-day parts of the story, and make it ONLY in the past.

I am one of those people who want ALL Modern Day, AND ALL Sci-Fi parts removed from the game.

. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
...how exactly would that work?

ShaneO7K
10-19-2011, 02:04 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">No I mean, some people are suggesting that they throw out ALL modern-day parts of the story, and make it ONLY in the past.

. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You do know those Sci-Fi parts you want removed are one of the more important parts of Assassin's Creed?

MostJadedGamer
10-19-2011, 02:06 PM
...how exactly would that work?

What do you mean how excately would that work? Ubisoft would just pick any historical setting they wanted. The actual gameplay of the game wouldn't changed. Just the Modern, and Sc-Fi story elements would be removed.

They could even let us play as a real historical character if they wanted instead of a fictional one.

LightRey
10-19-2011, 02:08 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">...how exactly would that work?

What do you mean how excately would that work? Ubisoft would just pick any historical setting they wanted. The actual gameplay of the game wouldn't changed. Just the Modern, and Sc-Fi story elements would be removed.

They could even let us play as a real historical character if they wanted instead of a fictional one. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Which would mean the story would be about...

MostJadedGamer
10-19-2011, 02:09 PM
You do know those Sci-Fi parts you want removed are one of the more important parts of Assassin's Creed?

No there not. You spend the vast majority of your time playing in a historical setting. All the Sc-Fi parts do is interrupt the game.

LightRey
10-19-2011, 02:15 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">You do know those Sci-Fi parts you want removed are one of the more important parts of Assassin's Creed?

No there not. You spend the vast majority of your time playing in a historical setting. All the Sc-Fi parts do is interrupt the game. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Many would disagree, myself included. The scifi parts give the sense that everything is connected, that these aren't just random, separate events.

VRTX97
10-19-2011, 02:26 PM
Well, i don't think throwing out the Modern day things will work. Actually, Desmond Sequences are the only thing i'm hyped about for in Revelations. Then there's Altair Sequences too, but, honestly, if those weren't in the game, I wouldn't have considered to preorder this AC. I would rather play MW3 or BF3 (Or any other game) than another Ezio title. But that is not the topic of this thread so I'll just get to the point:

All the Sc-Fi parts do is interrupt the game.

Modern day/Desmond Storyline/2012 is mainly what AC is. Historical periods are just there to give us more depth about what's going on with templars and why they are planning to launch the satellite/train more templar agents/caputure Desmond. Or at least that's my opinion.

LightRey
10-19-2011, 02:30 PM
Originally posted by Pex3650:
Well, i don't think throwing out the Modern day things will work. Actually, Desmond Sequences are the only thing i'm hyped about for in Revelations. Then there's Altair Sequences too, but, honestly, if those weren't in the game, I wouldn't have considered to preorder this AC. I would rather play MW3 or BF3 (Or any other game) than another Ezio title. But that is not the topic of this thread so I'll just get to the point:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dennis580:

Modern day/Desmond Storyline/2012 is mainly what AC is. Historical periods are just there to give us more depth about what's going on with templars and why they are planning to launch the satellite/train more templar agents/caputure Desmond. Or at least that's my opinion. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Well technically from an entertainment point of view the historical segments are really the main subject of the game. However, from the perspective of the storyline itself it is indeed the scifi and modern-day stuff that's the main part of the story. That's actually something I really like about AC.

VRTX97
10-19-2011, 02:31 PM
Originally posted by LightRey:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Pex3650:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dennis580:

Modern day/Desmond Storyline/2012 is mainly what AC is. Historical periods are just there to give us more depth about what's going on with templars and why they are planning to launch the satellite/train more templar agents/caputure Desmond. Or at least that's my opinion. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Well technically from an entertainment point of view the historical segments are really the main subject of the game. However, from the perspective of the storyline itself it is indeed the scifi and modern-day stuff that's the main part of the story. That's actually something I really like about AC. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, sorry, seems I didn't clear out that I was talking from a Storyline point of view. Of course they may be the most entertaining, but I'd rather see more Desmond stuff, because I'm really interested in his past and his character overall. We haven't seen much about him, and I think they could make a very good character out of him. But that's just my opinion.

LightRey
10-19-2011, 02:39 PM
Yeah, sorry, seems I didn't clear out that I was talking from a Storyline point of view. Of course they may be the most entertaining, but I'd rather see more Desmond stuff, because I'm really interested in his past and his character overall. We haven't seen much about him, and I think they could make a very good character out of him. But that's just my opinion.
I definitely agree with you. Though I don't think it should ever exceed 50% of the total game. In fact, I think 30% would already be more than enough. Oh, and I mean actual gameplay, not random free-roaming or reading emails (not that I mind either).

MostJadedGamer
10-19-2011, 03:35 PM
Modern day/Desmond Storyline/2012 is mainly what AC is. Historical periods are just there to give us more depth about what's going on with templars and why they are planning to launch the satellite/train more templar agents/caputure Desmond. Or at least that's my opinion.

AC is all about playing in epic historical locations. That is what AC is all about. 90%+ you spend playing in a epic historical setting. That is the essence, and the heart of AC.

I don't pay any anttetion to the Desmond or 2012 crap or even the Templar/Assassin stroyline that stuff doesn't interest me at all.

Basically when the historical setting of the AC games get interrupted I am just annoyed, and say to myself lets get this crap over with so I can get back to the game(playing in a historical setting) so I don't actually pay any attention to that stuff.

roostersrule2
10-19-2011, 03:45 PM
Originally posted by RzaRecta357:
I don't know. I remember when I first played AC1 and heard it would be a trilogy.

I figured he mentioned the motorcycle license and we'd have that instead of horses. I personally would love to see Desmond with his hood up. Maybe give him some sort of zipline gun so he could use a modern zipline. Only problem is we have no real way to rock a health bar or anything then. The animus makes the HUD of the game actually make total sense.

Things like that. But I would still like the animus to play a part in helping him find his path.

We know AC3 is gonna have to have some major gameplay improvements and upgrades or just something really different to make it stand out from these AC2 games.

Games in reverse? Playing as Desmond with the option to hop in the animus and visit an ancestor in a different time. Probably still wouldn't work.

I guess i'm just yakkin on. All I know is I hope I get to have some hood up Desmond sections with him actually murdering and free roaming. I figured out a way to have a HUD with Desmond. What if he was suffering from the bleeding effect, but not enough for his mind to go hash but enough for the animus HUD to appear in his eyes.

dxsxhxcx
10-19-2011, 04:01 PM
just add a different HUD for Desmond, end of the story, this is just a game and this detail would be the last thing I would be worried about if we end up playing a big part of the game as Desmond in the present in the next game...

ON TOPIC: IMO the fact that we (as players) are aware that "we" are using a machine to see "our" ancestor's memories is what makes them (the memories) much more interesting, knowing that almost everything our ancestors did in the past will have a purpose in the future is pretty cool...

LightRey
10-19-2011, 04:06 PM
Originally posted by roostersrule2:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RzaRecta357:

I guess i'm just yakkin on. All I know is I hope I get to have some hood up Desmond sections with him actually murdering and free roaming. I figured out a way to have a HUD with Desmond. What if he was suffering from the bleeding effect, but not enough for his mind to go hash but enough for the animus HUD to appear in his eyes. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Or they could give him hi-tech glasses http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

cr0wley
10-19-2011, 05:36 PM
Personally, the story in the real world drove me more than Altair's story in AC1 - I was more invested with what was going on with Desmond, and that drove me to push forward with the game. Still, I think I'm in a minority here... http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

kudos17
10-19-2011, 06:21 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Modern day/Desmond Storyline/2012 is mainly what AC is. Historical periods are just there to give us more depth about what's going on with templars and why they are planning to launch the satellite/train more templar agents/caputure Desmond. Or at least that's my opinion.

AC is all about playing in epic historical locations. That is what AC is all about. 90%+ you spend playing in a epic historical setting. That is the essence, and the heart of AC.

I don't pay any anttetion to the Desmond or 2012 crap or even the Templar/Assassin stroyline that stuff doesn't interest me at all.

Basically when the historical setting of the AC games get interrupted I am just annoyed, and say to myself lets get this crap over with so I can get back to the game(playing in a historical setting) so I don't actually pay any attention to that stuff. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Jeez, then read a history book. You're really missing the point of the series if you don't care about the modern-day storyline, or at the very least the whole "Templar vs. Assassin" war.

Meh, whatever. You can play the game how you want, as I can't tell you what to enjoy, but you must be the only person interested in the AC series who honestly doesn't care a single bit about anything but the historical settings.

MostJadedGamer
10-19-2011, 09:28 PM
Jeez, then read a history book.

A history book does not allow me to play, and explore epic historical cities, and epic historical settings.

but you must be the only person interested in the AC series who honestly doesn't care a single bit about anything but the historical settings.

There are tons, and tons of people like me. The biggest selling point of the AC series has always been being able to play, and free roam in epic historical cities, and epic historical settings.

Jexx21
10-19-2011, 09:43 PM
err..

If you remove the sci-fi, you remove the story. The whole story revolves around Those Who Came Before and the Pieces of Eden. That's sci-fi.

Remove the Templars and the Assassins and you don't even have a story.

What you want is just a map to free roam in.

Jexx21
10-19-2011, 09:45 PM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">but you must be the only person interested in the AC series who honestly doesn't care a single bit about anything but the historical settings.

There are tons, and tons of people like me. The biggest selling point of the AC series has always been being able to play, and free roam in epic historical cities, and epic historical settings. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If there are tons of people like you, then why is this the first time I've seen people like you?

There are others that don't care for Desmond, Shaun, Lucy and Rebecca, but they are still interested in the sci-fi components of the series.

Agentbarto
10-19-2011, 10:07 PM
People don't seem to understand that you'd need the animus in order to even have a Bleeding Effect. First you'd need to unlock the ancestor and then begin to synch. It's like a snowball, you need to gather up some information and then let the bleeding effect take care of the rest, but that can only occur past a certain point.

So you can't remove it entirely. Just because synch with one ancestor doesn't mean you can synch with a different ancestor.

SleezeRocker
10-19-2011, 11:32 PM
Because they want the game to be like Call of Duty. If there is no constant first person camera, America always being the heroes that takes down a some russian communist, or semi/auto weaponry, it's not a good game. There! :P

Agentbarto
10-20-2011, 12:09 AM
Originally posted by SleezeRocker:
Because they want the game to be like Call of Duty. If there is no constant first person camera, America always being the heroes that takes down a some russian communist, or semi/auto weaponry, it's not a good game. There! :P

So basically no one wants story layers. To be precise they want one story. But they forget history isn't just one story. It's a story built on top of other stories.

SleezeRocker
10-20-2011, 12:37 AM
Originally posted by Agentbarto:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SleezeRocker:

So basically no one wants story layers. To be precise they want one story. But they forget history isn't just one story. It's a story built on top of other stories. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I guess that's the way to put it http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

LightRey
10-20-2011, 01:03 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Jeez, then read a history book.

A history book does not allow me to play, and explore epic historical cities, and epic historical settings.

but you must be the only person interested in the AC series who honestly doesn't care a single bit about anything but the historical settings.

There are tons, and tons of people like me. The biggest selling point of the AC series has always been being able to play, and free roam in epic historical cities, and epic historical settings. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Interesting how you seem to be the only one of those tons and tons of people I've ever met.

kudos17
10-20-2011, 07:00 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Jeez, then read a history book.

Yes, and to me the biggest selling point is the rich story and conspiracy theories revolving around the Templar vs. Assassin war, as well as Desmond's place in all of it. All three of which you obviously don't care as much about.

Why the game sells is up to the buyer. Ubisoft could rattle off all the selling points, but the true reason why one purchases a game is the opinion of that person on what makes the game good.

RzaRecta357
10-20-2011, 08:09 AM
Hmm, see what these newer AC games are doing? The gameplay is getting so varied that were starting to get BANG BANG EXPLOSION! Kids instead of the intellectual people that were brought in from just enjoying the story of AC1.

MostJadedGamer
10-20-2011, 09:25 AM
err..

If you remove the sci-fi, you remove the story. The whole story revolves around Those Who Came Before and the Pieces of Eden. That's sci-fi.

Remove the Templars and the Assassins and you don't even have a story.

What you want is just a map to free roam in.

Thats totally false you have the historical stories. There are real historical characters, and have they have stories in the game.

Heck I would have loved to seen a far deeper, and more realistic story for Caterina Sforza. She is the most legendary woman of that time period.

They could have made a whole game based Caterina Sforza. Caterina's amazing life was so packed excitement that they could have made a whole game just based on her, and it would have been brillant.

MostJadedGamer
10-20-2011, 09:28 AM
Interesting how you seem to be the only one of those tons and tons of people I've ever met.

You obviously don't read GameFAQS much which is where I usually post. There are a lot of people on GameFAQS that whished the game just focused on history.

LightRey
10-20-2011, 09:47 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Interesting how you seem to be the only one of those tons and tons of people I've ever met.

You obviously don't read GameFAQS much which is where I usually post. There are a lot of people on GameFAQS that whished the game just focused on history. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I do sometimes, but I never liked the GameFAQs discussions on AC. They're so often about things of which the truthfulness has already been established and on top of that they often draw the wrong conclusions. Regardless I haven't ever seen anyone on any forum express the same opinion you do, so if there's relatively many of them at GameFAQs, then that's quite possibly a biased sample and even if it isn't we'd still need to see a poll to see just what percentage of the fanbase they represent.

Btw, you can just edit your last post if you want to add something. Double posting is against the rules.

MostJadedGamer
10-20-2011, 09:51 AM
It wasn't a double post. They were two very diffent posts. One about Caterina, and the other about there being people like me.

LightRey
10-20-2011, 09:54 AM
It wasn't a double post. They were two very diffent posts. One about Caterina, and the other about there being people like me.
That is still considered double posting.

dave93vert
10-20-2011, 10:02 AM
Dennis, dont worry, lightguy was recently on my case too about no reason at all. i dont know what it is that makes him happy teling people off, i dont htink he has much of a real world life or situation. he has over 3000 posts according to him and seems like he spends all day here on the forums trying to be the guy with the most posts record. i dunno.

BTOG46
10-20-2011, 12:03 PM
Originally posted by dave93vert:
Dennis, dont worry, lightguy was recently on my case too about no reason at all. i dont know what it is that makes him happy teling people off, i dont htink he has much of a real world life or situation. he has over 3000 posts according to him and seems like he spends all day here on the forums trying to be the guy with the most posts record. i dunno.

Now who's telling people off? cut out the name calling please.

and just for your information, he was correct, double posting is frowned on, regardless of whether the posts are about different things or not. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif

GeneralTrumbo
10-20-2011, 12:16 PM
The selling point of Assassin's Creed is the STORY. I LOVE the historical locations, but I do not think the modern-day story should go. That MAKES THE STORY.

LightRey
10-20-2011, 12:25 PM
The selling point of Assassin's Creed is the STORY. I LOVE the historical locations, but I do not think the modern-day story should go. That MAKES THE STORY.
Exactly! Well said.

SirRaelix
10-20-2011, 12:42 PM
Dennis, you are asking for something that is so far out of reach it is unbelievable. If you take out the modern portions of the game, you take out the reasoning behind why the battle between the Assassin's and Templar's is important. If you take that out, then you might as well take out the pieces of Eden. Without the pieces of eden, you might as well have 3 open ended games. with 3 open ended games you might as well not have the series.

EVERYTHING evolves around the fictional part of the game. Without it, there is no motivation behind the players. In AC1, you wouldn't have fought whats his face at the end because he wouldn't have the apple. In AC2, you wouldn't have had to fight Rodrigo Borgia at all because he wouldn't have even had a purpose to bug you. The list goes on and on.

There is so much limitations if your main characters are based around history completely. You don't have any wiggle room at all everything is play-by-play determined already. You wouldn't be able to go do something that, that person didn't do otherwise you are re-writing history and therefore its not really history.

I agree that the sequences in the past are a ton of fun, but without the modern day parts there is nothing at all.

I get that you don't like a good storyline, but other people do.

LightRey
10-20-2011, 12:45 PM
Originally posted by F3arTh3L3g3nd:
Dennis, you are asking for something that is so far out of reach it is unbelievable. If you take out the modern portions of the game, you take out the reasoning behind why the battle between the Assassin's and Templar's is important. If you take that out, then you might as well take out the pieces of Eden. Without the pieces of eden, you might as well have 3 open ended games. with 3 open ended games you might as well not have the series.

EVERYTHING evolves around the fictional part of the game. Without it, there is no motivation behind the players. In AC1, you wouldn't have fought whats his face at the end because he wouldn't have the apple. In AC2, you wouldn't have had to fight Rodrigo Borgia at all because he wouldn't have even had a purpose to bug you. The list goes on and on.

There is so much limitations if your main characters are based around history completely. You don't have any wiggle room at all everything is play-by-play determined already. You wouldn't be able to go do something that, that person didn't do otherwise you are re-writing history and therefore its not really history.

I agree that the sequences in the past are a ton of fun, but without the modern day parts there is nothing at all.

You're absolutely right. AC isn't just about history, it's about how all these historical events are (or rather could be) connected.

GeneralTrumbo
10-20-2011, 01:10 PM
What you basically want, Dennis, is just a map to run around in and free roam. That is all. You want them to just COMPLETELY change the story of their game. That is not good.

MostJadedGamer
10-20-2011, 02:36 PM
Dennis, you are asking for something that is so far out of reach it is unbelievable.

Um no there has been plenty of games based on history including open world games. The Saboteur is a great example of Open World historical game.

If you take out the modern portions of the game, you take out the reasoning behind why the battle between the Assassin's and Templar's is important. If you take that out, then you might as well take out the pieces of Eden. Without the pieces of eden

Yes i am in favor of taking all that junk out

you might as well have 3 open ended games. with 3 open ended games you might as well not have the series.

Um no they can just pick an exciting historical setting with every new game. There plenty of historical settings in world history with rich, deep stories.

EVERYTHING evolves around the fictional part of the game. Without it, there is no motivation behind the players.

Actually EVERYTHING revolves around playing in historical settings. I mean that is where 90%+ of the game takes place. All the Sci-Fi, and Modern crap does is interrupt, and take you out of the historical world where you spend 90%+ of your time.

In AC1, you wouldn't have fought whats his face at the end because he wouldn't have the apple. In AC2, you wouldn't have had to fight Rodrigo Borgia at all because he wouldn't have even had a purpose to bug you. The list goes on and on.

Rodrigo Borgia was the most evil, corrupt pope in history. There was plenty of purpose to fight him from a historical perspective.

Again you are totally missing my point. There is nothing wrong with having alternative histories or taking some libery with history. I am not at all against that. So you have totally missed the point on that.

The point I am trying to make is I don't want to be taken out of the historical world for crap like Animus or another Sci-Fi stuff.

Again 90%+ of the game in a historical world. That is the game. The only thing the Modern Day, and Sci-Fi crap does is interrupt the main part of the game which is playing in a historical setting.

The only stroyline as far as I am concerned is the historical parts, and yes there has been plenty of story in the historical parts. In fact the main part of the story is in the historical parts. The Sci-Fi, and Modern crap is just a side story. its not even the main story duing each game.

What you basically want, Dennis, is just a map to run around in and free roam. That is all. You want them to just COMPLETELY change the story of their game. That is not good.

NO that is NOT at all what I want. I want the story to be all the historical settings, and historical characters in the game. There is tons of good history.

Like I said you could make a whole game on Caterina Sforza. She lived such an amazing, and excting like. That you could basically make a whole game just about her life.

You guys act like there are no good historical stories. Caterina's real life story is far superior to anything Sci-Fi crap that Ubisoft could ever make up.

LightRey
10-20-2011, 02:43 PM
Without the modern-day storyline and the scifi, the AC games would just be random games about historical events with nothing connecting each game to the next.

The entire conspiracy concept would have to be different, if it would be at all possible to think of something reasonable without the PoE's and TWCB.

Most importantly AC would lose one of its essential story elements. It shows history is not a series of random, separate stories, but that everything is connected.

Removing the modern day elements and the scifi would be a bad idea and I'm quite sure most fans would not like it if they did.

MostJadedGamer
10-20-2011, 02:50 PM
Without the modern-day storyline and the scifi, the AC games would just be random games about historical events with nothing connecting each game to the next.

Who cares if the games are connected. What does that thave to do anything. That is totally, and completely meaningless. Ubisoft could just pick a new historical setting every game. The games don't need to be connected.

The entire conspiracy concept would have to be different, if it would be at all possible to think of something reasonable without the PoE's and TWCB.

Again who cares about conspiracies. There are plenty of good, rich stories in history. Such as Caterina Sforza's which Unisoft could make a whole jut based off her life in history.

Most importantly AC would lose one of its essential story elements. It shows history is not a series of random, separate stories, but that everything is connected.

Lots of times history is a series of random seperated stories. Thats a simple fact.

ShaneO7K
10-20-2011, 02:51 PM
@ Dennis, the Sci-Fi in no way "interupts" AC it actually makes it a better game than what it would be without out the Sci-Fi. Without the Sci-Fi there would be next to nothing that separates AC from the crowd.

And please don't go making up statistics to help your own argument.

MostJadedGamer
10-20-2011, 02:55 PM
Originally posted by dead_gunner187:
@ Dennis, the Sci-Fi in no way "interupts" AC it actually makes it a better game than what it would be without out the Sci-Fi.

It does because it TAKES YOU OUT of the Historical setting that you are playing in most of the time. Let me repeat it takes you out of the historical setting that you playing most of the time

Without the Sci-Fi there would be next to nothing that separates AC from the crowd.

Again that statement is totally false. There are very few historical open world games, and there are no other games with the detailed, high quality historical cities that the AC franchise has.

GeneralTrumbo
10-20-2011, 02:55 PM
The only stroyline as far as I am concerned is the historical parts, and yes there has been plenty of story in the historical parts. In fact the main part of the story is in the historical parts. The Sci-Fi, and Modern crap is just a side story. its not even the main story duing each game.

That isn't the main story. YOU don't decide what the main story is. The developers do. The main story is the 2012 plot-line. Everything that happens in the past, involves this stuff that is going on in the future. THAT IS THE STORY. And most people are NOT in favor of getting rid of the Sci-Fi. MOST people LIKE that Sci-Fi. That is what MOST people talk about on the Assassin's Creed forums. THAT plot-line.

LightRey
10-20-2011, 02:56 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LightRey:

Who cares if the games are connected. What does that thave to do anything. That is totally, and completely meaningless. Ubisoft could just pick a new historical setting every game. The games don't need to be connected.

Again who cares about conspiracies. There are plenty of good, rich stories in history. Such as Caterina Sforza's which Unisoft could make a whole jut based off her life in history.

Lots of times history is a series of random seperated stories. Thats a simple fact. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
You, sir, don't seem to appreciate the intricacies of the AC story.

Everything is always connected. There are no such things as completely unconnected events (in history, it is technically possible, but it only applies for objects farther away than about 14 billion lightyears from each other) it is, by definition, impossible (if we are to believe in the basics of physics that is, because such things are technically philosophically debatable).

GeneralTrumbo
10-20-2011, 02:57 PM

Lots of people do, at least fans of Assassins Creed. That brings about the most discussion and the discussion doesn't involve removing these concepts from the game.

MostJadedGamer
10-20-2011, 02:59 PM
That isn't the main story. YOU don't decide what the main story is. The developers do. The main story is the 2012 plot-line.

As far as I am concerned the historical parts are the main story. I don't pay any attention to that 2012 crap. When that stuff interrupts my game. I just says to msyelf lets hurry, and get this garbage over with so I can get back to the game. I actually don't pay any attention to it because its just stupid.

dxsxhxcx
10-20-2011, 02:59 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LightRey:

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

it seems that the majority of people in this thread who don't share the same opinion as you care about conspiracies, the games being connected and all that sci-fy stuff, what is already enough for Ubisoft to not remove them from the game..

LightRey
10-20-2011, 03:00 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">That isn't the main story. YOU don't decide what the main story is. The developers do. The main story is the 2012 plot-line.

As far as I am concerned the historical parts are the main story. I don't pay any attention to that 2012 crap. When that stuff interrupts my game. I just says to msyelf lets hurry, and get this garbage over with so I can get back to the game. I actually don't pay any attention to it because its just stupid. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
good for you. Now could you stop calling it "crap" or "stupid"? It's insulting to the developers and the fans that do enjoy it. Please have some respect.

MostJadedGamer
10-20-2011, 03:07 PM
Where it seems pointless to continue arguing in this thread. So lets make peace. I will leave this thread with a real life quote from Caterina Sforza which she confided to a monk toward the end of her life.

"If I were to write the story of my life, I would shock the world".- Caterina Sforza

Ubisoft couldn't write as good as story as the real life of the historical Caterina Sforza.

By the way I was not at all happy with the way Ubisoft portrayed Caterina. Especially that crap about Ezio rescuing her like a helpless princess, and carrying her out of the castle. Thats was so cheesy, and really done Caterina an injustice.

Caterina was always tough as nails, and never showed weakness. Ubisoft did not at all do her character justice.

GeneralTrumbo
10-20-2011, 03:09 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">That isn't the main story. YOU don't decide what the main story is. The developers do. The main story is the 2012 plot-line.

As far as I am concerned the historical parts are the main story. I don't pay any attention to that 2012 crap. When that stuff interrupts my game. I just says to msyelf lets hurry, and get this garbage over with so I can get back to the game. I actually don't pay any attention to it because its just stupid. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think its interesting. There are a lot of people who would think something is stupid, but they wouldn't know anything about it because they don't pay attention to it.

ShaneO7K
10-20-2011, 03:11 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dead_gunner187:
@ Dennis, the Sci-Fi in no way "interupts" AC it actually makes it a better game than what it would be without out the Sci-Fi.

It does because it TAKES YOU OUT of the Historical setting that you are playing in most of the time. Let me repeat it takes you out of the historical setting that you playing most of the time
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

"Let me repeat" that the Sci-Fi in AC makes it a much better game than it would be if it was solely just what has happened in history. There would be no surprise at all, you would know every detail of what was going to happen and there would be no mystery behind any characters, events or objects. You seem to forget that after every trailer of an ancestor there is people questioning about what Desmond will be doing, what has happened etc. There obviously a more interesting story here that keeps the people wanting more. And people have been asking time and time again will Desmond be having more time in the games.

And this Sci-fi that you seem to hate is all over the historical levels so removing it would help in making it that much more dull. So i'll just end this with saying again that the Sci-fi in NO way interupts the game.

LightRey
10-20-2011, 03:18 PM
Where it seems pointless to continue arguing in this thread. So lets make peace. I will leave this thread with a real life quote from Caterina Sforza which she confided to a monk toward the end of her life.

"If I were to write the story of my life, I would shock the world".- Caterina Sforza

Ubisoft couldn't write as good as story as the real life of the historical Caterina Sforza.

By the way I was not at all happy with the way Ubisoft portrayed Caterina. Especially that crap about Ezio rescuing her like a helpless princess, and carrying her out of the castle. Thats was so cheesy, and really done Caterina an injustice.

Caterina was always tough as nails, and never showed weakness. Ubisoft did not at all do her character justice.
I presume you know what she was like then?

MostJadedGamer
10-20-2011, 03:20 PM
it would be if it was solely just what has happened in history. There would be no surprise at all, you would know every detail of what was going to happen and there would be no mystery behind any characters, events or objects.

No because nobody knows every detail from a specific historical period, and plus there is always a lot of blanks, and mysteries to fill in, and you can also have alternative histories or what if scenarios. So there could be still plenty of surprised, and mysteries.

You seem to forget that after every trailer of an ancestor there is people questioning about what Desmond will be doing, what has happened etc. There obviously a more interesting story here that keeps the people wanting more. And people have been asking time and time again will Desmond be having more time in the games.

A lot of people do NOT want more time with Desmond.

And this Sci-fi that you seem to hate is all over the historical levels so removing it would help in making it that much more dull. So i'll just end this with saying again that the Sci-fi in NO way interupts the game.

I wouldnt at all say its over historical levels, but removing it would imporve the quality of game, and make it more realistic.

Jexx21
10-20-2011, 03:20 PM
What dennis wants isn't Assassin's Creed.

MostJadedGamer
10-20-2011, 03:23 PM
it would be if it was solely just what has happened in history. There would be no surprise at all, you would know every detail of what was going to happen and there would be no mystery behind any characters, events or objects.

No because nobody knows every detail from a specific historical period, and plus there is always a lot of blanks, and mysteries to fill in, and you can also have alternative histories or what if scenarios. So there could be still plenty of surprised, and mysteries.

You seem to forget that after every trailer of an ancestor there is people questioning about what Desmond will be doing, what has happened etc. There obviously a more interesting story here that keeps the people wanting more. And people have been asking time and time again will Desmond be having more time in the games.

I wouldnt at all say its over the historical levels, but removing it would imporve the quality of game, and make it more realistic.

LightRey
10-20-2011, 03:25 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">it would be if it was solely just what has happened in history. There would be no surprise at all, you would know every detail of what was going to happen and there would be no mystery behind any characters, events or objects.

I wouldnt at all say its over historical levels, but removing it would imporve the quality of game, and make it more realistic. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
1. Wouldn't be the same.
2. Prove your claims with data.
3. It wouldn't in our eyes.

Btw, you posted that twice. You might want to remove one of either.

Jexx21
10-20-2011, 03:27 PM
nice, real smooth dennis.

By the way, give me statistics that people don't want more Desmond, and give me a source for it also.

I want more Desmond, a lot of people here want more Desmond. Hell, there is even a small group that want AC3 to be only Desmond, and I can see their views. But they still want Assassin's Creed.

You don't even want Assassin's Creed. You want a game with an entirely different plot, and different historical settings.

I think what you want is more of an Action/Adventure version of Total War, with the ability to free roam.

MostJadedGamer
10-20-2011, 03:29 PM
Mods I think it is probably time to lock this thread. It doesn't make any sense to continue this pointless arguing. Everybody has already made their points, and nobody is going to change the other person's mind.

Jexx21
10-20-2011, 03:32 PM
Uhh.. dude.

You didn't make this thread.. you can't tell mods to lock it unless you did make it, or if the mods decide to lock it.

LightRey
10-20-2011, 03:33 PM
Mods I think it is probably time to lock this thread. It doesn't make any sense to continue this pointless arguing. Everybody has already made their points, and nobody is going to change the other person's mind.
discussion isn't necessarily about changing another person's opinion. Especially on a forum, such discussions are futile. People here are discussing simply to share their opinions of the game and of each others opinions. There's no reason to lock the thread unless it gets out of hand.

SirRaelix
10-20-2011, 03:51 PM
You kept pointing out things that make it seem like you don't like the assassin's creed franchise at all. You are continually talking about Caterina when the game isn't based around her at all, that would be a completely different game entirely.

Anyways, the whole series is based off the concept of sci-fi in general. and when I say it is so far out of reach it is unbelievable, i mean that no matter how much you cry about it, they won't remove it from the game.

I am positive that the number of people that are wanting to know what happens to Desmond and want him in the game vastly out number the people like you that don't even like the Assassin's Creed franchise, but continue to post on its forums.

The game you are wanting IS NOT assassin's creed, the whole assassin's vs Templars, the animus, and all the sci-fi stuff is really what makes the story. To be honest, 90% of the historical gameplay is filler. Ever notice in every single game the say "Well looks like we can't access this memory. Better start from the beginning." or something along those lines. The entire plot is based around sci-fi. There is no alternative way to view the plot. Without the animus and desmond, there is no assassin's creed. simple as that.

GeneralTrumbo
10-20-2011, 03:58 PM
You kept pointing out things that make it seem like you don't like the assassin's creed franchise at all. You are continually talking about Caterina when the game isn't based around her at all, that would be a completely different game entirely.

Anyways, the whole series is based off the concept of sci-fi in general. and when I say it is so far out of reach it is unbelievable, i mean that no matter how much you cry about it, they won't remove it from the game.

I am positive that the number of people that are wanting to know what happens to Desmond and want him in the game vastly out number the people like you that don't even like the Assassin's Creed franchise, but continue to post on its forums.

The game you are wanting IS NOT assassin's creed, the whole assassin's vs Templars, the animus, and all the sci-fi stuff is really what makes the story. To be honest, 90% of the historical gameplay is filler. Ever notice in every single game the say "Well looks like we can't access this memory. Better start from the beginning." or something along those lines. The entire plot is based around sci-fi. There is no alternative way to view the plot. Without the animus and desmond, there is no assassin's creed. simple as that.

Yep. You are correct.

LightRey
10-20-2011, 04:14 PM

Very well put. I couldn't agree more.

MostJadedGamer
10-20-2011, 05:27 PM
The game you are wanting IS NOT assassin's creed

Assassin's Creed its a lot closer to what I want then 99.5% of the video games out there.

To be honest, 90% of the historical gameplay is filler.

The historical gameplay is the GAME. It is the entire GAME. There is no game without it.

Ever notice in every single game the say "Well looks like we can't access this memory. Better start from the beginning." or something along those lines.

That stuff is quickly forgotten once we are transported into a historical world. Nobody remembers it until the next time we are interrupted by it again.

The entire plot is based around sci-fi. There is no alternative way to view the plot. Without the animus and desmond, there is no assassin's creed. simple as that.

There is certainly a alternative way to view since 90%+ of the time is spent in a histoircal world.

Jexx21
10-20-2011, 05:31 PM
Uhh..

You do know that 60%+ of that time spent in a historical world has Sci-Fi elements?

LightRey
10-20-2011, 05:45 PM
Uhh..

You do know that 60%+ of that time spent in a historical world has Sci-Fi elements?
Not to mention it's not the amount, but the significance that signifies it's importance to the story.

VRTX97
10-20-2011, 06:00 PM
''Interrupting''.

It's not interrupting anything. 2012 is part of the story, like it or not. In fact, It IS the story.

Why not seeing from another point of view? Wouldn't historical gameplay would be interrupting the 2012/Present day gameplay then?

SirRaelix
10-20-2011, 06:26 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">The game you are wanting IS NOT assassin's creed

Assassin's Creed its a lot closer to what I want then 99.5% of the video games out there.

The historical gameplay is the GAME. It is the entire GAME. There is no game without it.

Ever notice in every single game the say "Well looks like we can't access this memory. Better start from the beginning." or something along those lines.

That stuff is quickly forgotten once we are transported into a historical world. Nobody remembers it until the next time we are interrupted by it again.

The entire plot is based around sci-fi. There is no alternative way to view the plot. Without the animus and desmond, there is no assassin's creed. simple as that.

There is certainly a alternative way to view since 90%+ of the time is spent in a histoircal world. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I honestly don't respect what you say. You are so stubborn that you fail to notice the story at all. Also I'm pretty sure I remembered that and I wasn't interrupted by it. So obviously that statement is wrong.

It IS filler. No doubts about it. You might say there is no game without the historical element. Well if Abstergo never took Desmond then there would be no game anyways.

True it might be a majority of the game. But how many games do you know that wrap the main purpose of the game to fit something smaller? Never, you don't make the story fit, you work with the story to make a game. If the historical side of the game was the most important part of the game, it wouldn't fit perfectly inside of the modern storyline. That would make no sense. None, none whatsoever.

Also, apparently its not 99.5% closer than any other game. Why because the game you want, is just a historic assassination/killing game. No matter how much you try to twist and turn it, it is going to have modern aspects in AC, and you obviously despise the franchise for the modern aspect of the game. But eh, no one made you buy the 2nd one or the 3rd one. Please, email any developer for the game that has worked on the story and ask them what makes it Assassin's Creed. The ingame historical side or the crazy outlandish hard to believe but still addicting storyline. I can promise you they say both are. And you might as well ask them to take desmond out of the game. I wonder what they tell you. Or the better question if they laugh at you.

Also, all the historical game play, has the main and modern story line wrapped around it, intertwined very tightly. Just about everything that isn't a side part of the game has a large purpose to what happens with Desmond and the modern day fight vs the Templars.

OH and maybe if you weren't so stuck up your own ***, you might pay attention to the story and find that it is highly interesting and can turn any different direction the developers want it to, unlike history.

GeneralTrumbo
10-20-2011, 07:10 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">The game you are wanting IS NOT assassin's creed

There is certainly a alternative way to view since 90%+ of the time is spent in a histoircal world. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I honestly don't respect what you say. You are so stubborn that you fail to notice the story at all. Also I'm pretty sure I remembered that and I wasn't interrupted by it. So obviously that statement is wrong.

It IS filler. No doubts about it. You might say there is no game without the historical element. Well if Abstergo never took Desmond then there would be no game anyways.

True it might be a majority of the game. But how many games do you know that wrap the main purpose of the game to fit something smaller? Never, you don't make the story fit, you work with the story to make a game. If the historical side of the game was the most important part of the game, it wouldn't fit perfectly inside of the modern storyline. That would make no sense. None, none whatsoever.

Also, apparently its not 99.5% closer than any other game. Why because the game you want, is just a historic assassination/killing game. No matter how much you try to twist and turn it, it is going to have modern aspects in AC, and you obviously despise the franchise for the modern aspect of the game. But eh, no one made you buy the 2nd one or the 3rd one. Please, email any developer for the game that has worked on the story and ask them what makes it Assassin's Creed. The ingame historical side or the crazy outlandish hard to believe but still addicting storyline. I can promise you they say both are. And you might as well ask them to take desmond out of the game. I wonder what they tell you. Or the better question if they laugh at you.

Also, all the historical game play, has the main and modern story line wrapped around it, intertwined very tightly. Just about everything that isn't a side part of the game has a large purpose to what happens with Desmond and the modern day fight vs the Templars.

OH and maybe if you weren't so stuck up your own ***, you might pay attention to the story and find that it is highly interesting and can turn any different direction the developers want it to, unlike history. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

THANK YOU for explaining this to him!!!

MostJadedGamer
10-21-2011, 12:51 PM
Also, apparently its not 99.5% closer than any other game. Why because the game you want, is just a historic assassination/killing game.

Actually I do NOT want a historic assassination/killing game. What I want are Big Budget, Open World/Free Roam games in Epic Historic Settings. That is what I actually want.

I am not a fan of stealth or being a Assassin. I actually hate stealth, and consider it boring. I didn not at all like AC1(yet I
saw the massive potential the franchise had),
and knew even at that time that I would probably buy AC2 on Day 1 which I ended up doing.

I am glad that the AC franchise is making stealth, and assassinations less, and less of a
focus with every game.

Action, City Building, RPG, Strategy elements are playing a bigger, and bigger role with each game that is especially true with Revelations.

I am really looking forward to the the new tower defense mode in Revaltions. These kind of strategic large scale battles in which stratgy, and tactics are the main focus is the direction I love to see the AC franchise continue to take.

Not only that but templars can actually take back your dens if you lose a tower defense battle. So for the first time we actually have a AC game with a dynamic city where you can actually lose progress in the game. This kind of dynamic gameplay I want to see more of, and something that should be in every game.

I am also looking forward to the deeper, expanded Assassin's Guild where now each Asassin will have there own side story, and they will be far more important, unique, customizable, and personal, and many other imporvements. You will need level 15 Master As
sassin's to permantently keep control of your dens.

I also really like the city building elements, and they will be far be lengthier then ever adding a lot of hours to the game. Not only do you have the whole city of Constantinople to restore like Rome, but they are bringing
the different levels of restortation back from the Villa. So now you will have to restore the buildings in the whole city several times over to get the max level. It looks like it will take a very, very, very long to fully upgrade Constaninople to 100% thus adding a lot of hours onto the game.

LightRey
10-21-2011, 12:59 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Also, apparently its not 99.5% closer than any other game. Why because the game you want, is just a historic assassination/killing game.

Actually I do NOT want a historic assassination/killing game. What I want are Big Budget, Open World/Free Roam games in Epic Historic Settings. That is what I actually want.

I am not a fan of stealth or being a Assassin. I actually hate stealth, and consider it boring. I didn not at all like AC1(yet I
saw the massive potential the franchise had),
and knew even at that time that I would probably buy AC2 on Day 1 which I ended up doing.

I am glad that the AC franchise is making stealth, and assassinations less, and less of a
focus with every game.

Action, City Building, RPG, Strategy elements are playing a bigger, and bigger role with each game that is especially true with Revelations.

I am really looking forward to the the new tower defense mode in Revaltions. These kind of strategic large scale battles in which stratgy, and tactics are the main focus is the direction I love to see the AC franchise continue to take.

Not only that but templars can actually take back your dens if you lose a tower defense battle. So for the first time we actually have a AC game with a dynamic city where you can actually lose progress in the game. This kind of dynamic gameplay I want to see more of, and something that should be in every game.

I am also looking forward to the deeper, expanded Assassin's Guild where now each Asassin will have there own side story, and they will be far more important, unique, customizable, and personal, and many other imporvements. You will need level 15 Master As
sassin's to permantently keep control of your dens.

I also really like the city building elements, and they will be far be lengthier then ever adding a lot of hours to the game. Not only do you have the whole city of Constantinople to restore like Rome, but they are bringing
the different levels of restortation back from the Villa. So now you will have to restore the buildings in the whole city several times over to get the max level. It looks like it will take a very, very, very long to fully upgrade Constaninople to 100% thus adding a lot of hours onto the game. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
So you don't like stealth or scifi? You don't represent any majority of the AC fanbase in the slightest.

dave93vert
10-21-2011, 01:05 PM
he represents himself. isnt that enough? lol

MostJadedGamer
10-21-2011, 01:07 PM
So you don't like stealth or scifi? You don't represent any majority of the AC fanbase in the slightest.

The main selling points for the AC games has always been being able to play in epic historical settings in a open world. That is the main selling point of the AC games PERIOD

dave93vert
10-21-2011, 01:09 PM
totally agree dennis. and what better historic/epic open world to play in than adam and eve's. wow!

ShaneO7K
10-21-2011, 01:21 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">So you don't like stealth or scifi? You don't represent any majority of the AC fanbase in the slightest.

The main selling points for the AC games has always been being able to play in epic historical settings in a open world. That is the main selling point of the AC games PERIOD </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well that's just your opinion.

Animuses
10-21-2011, 01:23 PM
Originally posted by dave93vert:
he represents himself. isnt that enough? lol
You are so against everything posted by LightRey... It's getting really annoying.

r4inm4n1991
10-21-2011, 01:24 PM
I like the stealth part, the good thing about AC is that you can do the missions in the way you want, and now with revelations i think you have A LOT of stealth and no stealth options! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

hrhtom
10-21-2011, 01:28 PM
i love stealth in a game

a historic metal gear solid (without raiden)

it is sort of

r4inm4n1991
10-21-2011, 01:36 PM
actually i would like MORE stealthy aproaches, like "in the dark blend" and "disguise"(like in prototype, where u could disguise as anyone in the city)

PS: i know im off topic, but anyone noticed that the cappadoccia outfit under the cape is different from the default one?? it has no white drawings!!!

Jexx21
10-21-2011, 01:52 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">So you don't like stealth or scifi? You don't represent any majority of the AC fanbase in the slightest.

The main selling points for the AC games has always been being able to play in epic historical settings in a open world. That is the main selling point of the AC games PERIOD </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

According to you..

According to the majority of the people who buy Assassin's Creed, it's that you get to kill tons of people and get a good story.

huevosbenedict
10-21-2011, 02:02 PM
When I first played an Assassin's Creed game (AC:2), I thought that it should just have been a history game.

Then I saw how Desmond and the Animus were detrimental to the story and now I would hate the game to not have the near-future as part of it.

dxsxhxcx
10-21-2011, 02:37 PM
some people need to start to realize that this is a game about Desmond and not Altair, Ezio or whoever the next ancestor will be..

r4inm4n1991
10-21-2011, 02:45 PM
Originally posted by dxsxhxcx:
some people need to start to realize that this is a game about Desmond and not Altair, Ezio or whoever the next ancestor will be..

The MAIN protagonist is Desmond, however Ezio and Altair are both protagonists too and very important ones, Alex Amancio said in a interview that we will see in Revelations what is the role of Ezio in all this story.
In my point of view, EVERY character(like lucy, rebecca, vidic etc) are protagonists! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

in this game Everyone has is role in the AC Final, thats why i love this game so much!!>.<

dxsxhxcx
10-21-2011, 02:59 PM
Originally posted by r4inm4n1991:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dxsxhxcx:

The MAIN protagonist is Desmond, however Ezio and Altair are both protagonists too and very important ones, Alex Amancio said in a interview that we will see in Revelations what is the role of Ezio in all this story.
In my point of view, EVERY character(like lucy, rebecca, vidic etc) are protagonists! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

in this game Everyone has is role in the AC Final, thats why i love this game so much!!>.< </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I know but even with everyone having an important role in the game, in the end, everything is about Desmond, he is the MAIN protagonist/character like you said, something that some people seem to forget sometimes...

MostJadedGamer
10-21-2011, 03:09 PM
Originally posted by dxsxhxcx:

Somebody needs to realise that you spend the vast, vast majority of your time with Altar in AC, and Ezio in AC2, ACB, and ACR. Desmond is only a occasional distraction nothing more.

Desmond can NOT at all be considered the main character in the first 4 games.

AC1- Altair main character
AC2- Ezio main character
AC:Brotherhood- Ezio main character
AC:revelations- Ezio main character

LightRey
10-21-2011, 03:20 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dxsxhxcx:

Somebody needs to realise that you spend the vast, vast majority of your time with Altar in AC, and Ezio in AC2, ACB, and ACR. Desmond is only a occasional distraction nothing more.

AC2- Ezio main character
AC:revelations- Ezio main character </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Quality is more important than quantity mai freind. The majority of the game might be about historical events, but the most important ones are always scifi/present day stuff.

dxsxhxcx
10-21-2011, 03:24 PM

AC2- Ezio main character
AC:revelations- Ezio main character </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

you might not think this way but he is...

VRTX97
10-21-2011, 03:27 PM
Why not ask the devs who is the main character so we can all see what the truth is?

And basically, dennis, you're describing another whole game. AC was supposed to be stealth, and I think that it really needs more stealth, cause that was how assassins operated. Yeah, sometimes, they went all out, but as the Creed itself implies, stealth should be the primary ingredient in AC.

Why not go and make your own game with your own rules? That way we can all be happy, cause AC is perfect as it is right now, and Desmond is definately NOT an interruption.

dxsxhxcx
10-21-2011, 03:34 PM
Why not ask the devs who is the main character so we can all see what the truth is?

we don't need to ask the devs about this, we're just seeing Altair and Ezio's life because of Desmond, this is enough to make him the main protagonist of the franchise (until now, of course)...

Assassin's Creed is about a person seeing his/her ancestor memories throught the animus to stop whatever will happen in the future (at least this is what we know until now), without this person, there's no Assassin's Creed...

LightRey
10-21-2011, 03:35 PM
My name is Desmond Miles and this is my story.

Jexx21
10-21-2011, 03:37 PM
Uh, well.

For the Desmond trilogy of Assassin's Creed (ACI-ACIII) it's Desmond.

For AC1 it's Desmond and Altiar.
For AC2 it's Desmond and Ezio.
For ACB it's Desmond and Ezio.
For ACR it's Desmond, Ezio, and Altiar.
For AC3 it's Desmond and Unknown.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">My name is Desmond Miles and this is my story. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

r4inm4n1991
10-21-2011, 04:05 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">My name is Desmond Miles and this is my story. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Good One!
AC1 - Desmond and Altair
AC2 - Ezio (Admit it, you bought the game becuz of him)
ACB - Definetily Desmond
ACR - Now that i know more about this Universe, i care about EVERY character, details are important!

dxsxhxcx
10-21-2011, 04:22 PM
Uh, well.

For the Desmond trilogy of Assassin's Creed (ACI-ACIII) it's Desmond.

For AC1 it's Desmond and Altiar.
For AC2 it's Desmond and Ezio.
For ACB it's Desmond and Ezio.
For ACR it's Desmond, Ezio, and Altiar.
For AC3 it's Desmond and Unknown.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">My name is Desmond Miles and this is my story. </div></BLOCKQUOTE> </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

this, it doesn't matter if Desmond doesn't appear much in the games, since he is the one seeing his ancestor memories throught the animus, without him, see the memories of Desmond's ancestors would be impossible...

MostJadedGamer
10-21-2011, 05:06 PM
Why not go and make your own game with your own rules? That way we can all be happy

I wish i could, but beggars cann't be choosers. I have to take what I can get.

cause AC is perfect as it is right now

LOL AC is very, very, very, very, very far form perfect, but it has massive potential. AC has the potential to be one of the greatest video games ever, but so far with the first 3 games Ubisoft has failed badly on delivering on that potential. I hope, and expect with Revelations that UBisoft can finally deliver on some of AC's massive potential.

Its certainly NOT his story when you spend 90%+ of each game with another character. In the first 3 games he has been an occasional interruption, and nothing more, and it will be the same thing in Revelations. Desmond and Altair will be occasional interruptions in Revelations to the main character Ezio. Ezio has now been the main character in 3 straight games counting revelations.

Desmond has been a background character for 4 straight games now(counting Revelations).

this, it doesn't matter if Desmond doesn't appear much in the games, since he is the one seeing his ancestor memories throught the animus, without him, see the memories of Desmond's ancestors would be impossible...

Actually without him we could have a game totally focused on the historical setting.

It doesn't matter if he is seeing memories or not. YOU THE PLAYER are viewing, and playing the vast majority of the time in a historical setting, and viewing, and playing the game the vast majority of the time from Ezio(AC2, ACB, and ACR) or Altair(AC1)

ShaneO7K
10-21-2011, 05:12 PM

Its certainly NOT his story when you spend 90%+

Don't go making up statistics from thin air, it in no way helps your argument here.

dxsxhxcx
10-21-2011, 05:17 PM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">this, it doesn't matter if Desmond doesn't appear much in the games, since he is the one seeing his ancestor memories throught the animus, without him, see the memories of Desmond's ancestors would be impossible...

Actually without him we could have a game totally focused on the historical setting.

It doesn't matter if he is seeing memories or not. YOU THE PLAYER are viewing, and playing the vast majority of the time in a historical setting, and viewing, and playing the game the vast majority of the time from Ezio(AC2, ACB, and ACR) or Altair(AC1) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

but the purpose of the game is being someone in the future seeing the memory of his ancestors in the past, what you are asking for is a completely different game from the one we have now, and unfortunately for you, this isn't going to happen (at least for now)..

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">My name is Desmond Miles and this is my story.

Its certainly NOT his story when you spend 90%+ of each game with another character. In the first 3 games he has been an occasional interruption, and nothing more, and it will be the same thing in Revelations. Desmond and Altair will be occasional interruptions in Revelations to the main character Ezio. Ezio has now been the main character in 3 straight games counting revelations.

Desmond has been a background character for 4 straight games now(counting Revelations). </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

the funny thing is that you claim you love the historical settings and everything around that but you don't like Altair too, who lived in another historical setting, you don't even know what you want, it seems you only care about gameplay... so there's no reason to argue with you about the story of the game anymore...

LightRey
10-21-2011, 05:29 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Why not go and make your own game with your own rules? That way we can all be happy

I wish i could, but beggars cann't be choosers. I have to take what I can get.

cause AC is perfect as it is right now

LOL AC is very, very, very, very, very far form perfect, but it has massive potential. AC has the potential to be one of the greatest video games ever, but so far with the first 3 games Ubisoft has failed badly on delivering on that potential. I hope, and expect with Revelations that UBisoft can finally deliver on some of AC's massive potential.

Desmond has been a background character for 4 straight games now(counting Revelations).

It doesn't matter if he is seeing memories or not. YOU THE PLAYER are viewing, and playing the vast majority of the time in a historical setting, and viewing, and playing the game the vast majority of the time from Ezio(AC2, ACB, and ACR) or Altair(AC1) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Dude, give it a rest. You're not winning this argument. You just keep saying the same things over and over again and each time it's refuted by several different people. Whatever your opinion, you're not getting anywhere in trying to demand of us to agree with you or acknowledge your arguments.

MostJadedGamer
10-21-2011, 05:37 PM
the funny thing is that you claim you love the historical settings and everything around that but you don't like Altair too, who lived in another historical setting, you don't even know what you want, it seems you only care about gameplay... so there's no reason to argue with you about the story of the game anymore..

I love Caterina Sforza. The first half of Brotherhood was far better then the second half of Brotherhood solely because of her.

Though I was upset with the way Ubisoft protrayed her in some instances. She was portrayed as weak, and vulnerable sometimes, and nothing could be farther from the real life truth.

This woman in real history was always bold, courageous, and strong no matter what the situation. If it wasn't for her weak, and ineffective husband she would have controled who became Pope, and her legend would have been even far greater then it is now.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caterina_Sforza

In this time of anarchy, Caterina, who was in her seventh month of pregnancy, crossed on horseback to occupy the rocca (fortress) of Castel Sant'Angelo on behalf of her husband. From this position and with the obedience of the soldiers, Caterina could monitor the Vatican and dictate the conditions for the new conclave.

Meanwhile, the disorder in the city increased. A militia accompanied the arrival of the Cardinals. The latter did not want to attend the funeral of Sixtus IV and refused to enter into conclave, for fear of coming under the fire of Caterina's artillery. The situation was difficult because only the election of a new Pope would put an end to the violence in the Eternal City.

Girolamo and his army occupied a strategic position at that point, yet could not implement an effective solution. The Sacred College asked Girolamo to leave Rome, offering in return the confirmation of his Lordship over Imola and Forlė, the military post of Captain-General of the Church, and 8,000 ducats in compensation for the damages to his property. Girolamo accepted. When Caterina was informed of the decisions taken by her husband, she increased the quota of her soldiers and made preparations for resistance in order to force the Cardinals to parley with her. The Cardinals again approached Girolamo, who took up a counterposition against his wife. On 25 October 1484, Caterina surrendered the fortress to the Sacred College and left Rome with her family. The Sacred College were then able to meet in conclave to elect the new Pope.

Caterina was a dominant a woman who if not for being undermined by a weak, and ineffective husband would have controled who was pope, would have became even far more powerful. and would have been remember with even far more glory in the history books.

LightRey
10-21-2011, 05:51 PM
[QUOTE]the funny thing is that you claim you love the historical settings and everything around that but you don't like Altair too, who lived in another historical setting, you don't even know what you want, it seems you only care about gameplay... so there's no reason to argue with you about the story of the game anymore.../QUOTE]

I love Caterina Sforza. The first half of Brotherhood was far better then the second half of Brotherhood solely because of her.

Though I was upset with the way Ubisoft protrayed her in some instances. She was portrayed as weak, and vulnerable sometimes, and nothing could be farther from the real life truth.

This woman in real history was always bold, courageous, and strong no matter what the situation. If it wasn't for her weak, and ineffective husband she would have controled who became Pope, and her legend would have been even far greater then it is now.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caterina_Sforza

In this time of anarchy, Caterina, who was in her seventh month of pregnancy, crossed on horseback to occupy the rocca (fortress) of Castel Sant'Angelo on behalf of her husband. From this position and with the obedience of the soldiers, Caterina could monitor the Vatican and dictate the conditions for the new conclave.

Meanwhile, the disorder in the city increased. A militia accompanied the arrival of the Cardinals. The latter did not want to attend the funeral of Sixtus IV and refused to enter into conclave, for fear of coming under the fire of Caterina's artillery. The situation was difficult because only the election of a new Pope would put an end to the violence in the Eternal City.

Girolamo and his army occupied a strategic position at that point, yet could not implement an effective solution. The Sacred College asked Girolamo to leave Rome, offering in return the confirmation of his Lordship over Imola and Forlė, the military post of Captain-General of the Church, and 8,000 ducats in compensation for the damages to his property. Girolamo accepted. When Caterina was informed of the decisions taken by her husband, she increased the quota of her soldiers and made preparations for resistance in order to force the Cardinals to parley with her. The Cardinals again approached Girolamo, who took up a counterposition against his wife. On 25 October 1484, Caterina surrendered the fortress to the Sacred College and left Rome with her family. The Sacred College were then able to meet in conclave to elect the new Pope.

Caterina was a dominant a woman who if not for being undermined by a weak, and ineffective husband would have controled who was pope, would have became even far more powerful. and would have been remember with even far more glory in the history books.
Reading wikipedia really doesn't make you an expert on the history of these characters. The Ubisoft development team actually went to those places and used actual source material from those days as a basis for forming their characters. They have a much better understanding of their personalities than you do, especially if all you have to go on is wiki-freakin-pedia.

MostJadedGamer
10-21-2011, 05:57 PM
Reading wikipedia really doesn't make you an expert on the history of these characters. The Ubisoft development team actually went to those places and used actual source material from those days as a basis for forming their characters. They have a much better understanding of their personalities than you do, especially if all you have to go on is wiki-freakin-pedia.

They may have a much better understanding, but they sold out on Caterina's character to appeal to the masses.You will find NO source material that portrays Caterina as ever being weak or vulnerable. Ubisoft sold out out on Caterina's character to appeal to the masses.

It doesn't do them any good to do all that research if they are just going to sell out on a character to appeal to the masses, and not protray a well known real life historical figure accurately.

LightRey
10-21-2011, 05:58 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Reading wikipedia really doesn't make you an expert on the history of these characters. The Ubisoft development team actually went to those places and used actual source material from those days as a basis for forming their characters. They have a much better understanding of their personalities than you do, especially if all you have to go on is wiki-freakin-pedia.

They may have a much better understanding, but they sould out on Caterina's character to appeal to the masses.You will find NO source material that protrays Caterina as ever being weak or vulnerable. Ubisoft sold out out on Caterina's character to appeal to the masses.

It doesn't do them any good to do all that research if they are just going to sell out on a character to appeal to the masses, and not protray a well known real life historical figure accurately. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
and you know this because you've actually examined all existing source material about Caterina Sforza?

MostJadedGamer
10-21-2011, 06:01 PM
and you know this because you've actually examined all existing source material about Caterina Sforza?

Its a well known fact that this woman was tough as nails, and never weak or lacking courage. How many women do you know that are 7 months pregnant, and lead a army on horseback.

LightRey
10-21-2011, 06:03 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">and you know this because you've actually examined all existing source material about Caterina Sforza?

Its a well known fact that this woman was tough as nails, and never weak or lacking courage.

How many women do you know that are 7 months pregnant, and lead a army on horseback. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
It was also a "well known fact" that the earth was flat and that the sun revolved around it. What you're talking about is not what she was like, but how she appeared to the people and her political enemies.

ace3001
10-21-2011, 06:14 PM
@dennis580: What you want is not Assassin's Creed, but a generic historic game. The modern day parts if one of the things that makes this series special.
And you know what takes the cake? The majority of people here obviously like the modern parts. So it doesn't matter whether you like it or not. The majority likes it, so it's gonna stay. Simple as that. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

MostJadedGamer
10-21-2011, 06:30 PM
It was also a "well known fact" that the earth was flat and that the sun revolved around it. What you're talking about is not what she was like, but how she appeared to the people and her political enemies.

That is how she is from the history we know of her. Just like we can say Alexander the Great was a great military leader from the history we know of him. If Alexander was portrayed as mediocre we could say with confidence; that would be a false portrayal.

Originally posted by kolitha.kuruppu:
@dennis580: What you want is not Assassin's Creed, but a generic historic game. The modern day parts if one of the things that makes this series special.
And you know what takes the cake? The majority of people here obviously like the modern parts. So it doesn't matter whether you like it or not.

No I had already told you what I wanted in this thread. I want a Big Budget, Open World/Free Roam game in a Epic Historical Settings, and AC matches that description more then just about any other game.

The majority likes it, so it's gonna stay. Simple as that. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Actually we do NOT know if it is going to stay at after AC3 or not. Ubisoft could choose just to stick with history or alternative history after AC3. Anyway I will be glad we don't have to see Desmond anymore after AC3

LightRey
10-21-2011, 06:37 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">It was also a "well known fact" that the earth was flat and that the sun revolved around it. What you're talking about is not what she was like, but how she appeared to the people and her political enemies.

That is how she is from the history we know of her. Just like we can say Alexander the Great was a great military leader from the history we know of him. If Alexander was portrayed as mediocre we could say with confidence; that would be a false portrayal.

Originally posted by kolitha.kuruppu:
And you know what takes the cake? The majority of people here obviously like the modern parts. So it doesn't matter whether you like it or not. The majority likes it, so it's gonna stay. Simple as that. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

No I had already told you what I wanted in this thread. I want a Big Budget, Open World/Free Roam game in a Epic Historical Settings, and AC matches that description more then just about any other game. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
But Caterina wasn't portrayed as being "mediocre" or anything like that. She was simply shown to be human, which is realistic and again, there's more source material from those times than just "legends" and official documents. There are things like personal letters and the personal accounts of close friends and relatives. There was much more to her than what she appeared to the general public, as is the case with basically all politicians.

Jexx21
10-21-2011, 06:38 PM
Err..

dennis, after AC3, they will either introduce a new modern-day protagonist, but if they don't, the interface they use will probably still be Animus-like. And it will still be Assassins vs Templars, and there will still be Pieces of Eden and the Sci-Fi First Civilization.

That's the stuff you don't want right?

SirRaelix
10-21-2011, 06:39 PM
You are the single most ignorant person in the entire world. Hands down dumb. First, I can promise you just about 99% of the players play the game because they like the stealth assassinations, the story, and the sci-fi parts of the game. Less than 1 percent(you) hate all of that.

You hate the stealth, the sci-fi, desmond. What exactly do you like about the game? That is takes place in a historical places? You've got to be kidding me. That is all that you like about the series, yet you continue to buy it because it takes place in a historical place. what a joke. stealth is part of assassin's creed. It always has been. -->Assassin's<-- Creed. How many assassin's run out in the open and say "hey guys look i'm here I'm a ******." No one. It is a key concept about the game.

Like I said before, the historical gameplay wraps perfectly around desmonds story. Why would they do that? How many people write a large section of the book and then introduce the book and end the book with something that isn't the main storyline? It just doesn't make sense. It wouldn't make sense to do it in a game either. You come up with the main story, in this case, desmond's, then you add to it to make it make sense, they did this by adding the historical part.

Also, what do you mean that it has the potential to be one of the greatest games ever? It already is. The potential improvement it has is great, but what game isn't? All games have a large amount of room for improvement. Just because you don't like the game doesn't mean its bad. I'll give you an example. IGN Rated the game "great" while readers rated it even higher. Your ignorance might make you forget who readers are so i'll tell you, they are ordinary people just like me and you.. No scratch that, me. Then the press rated it higher than IGN too. Like people that do magazines and newspapers. Those kind of people. These games are already great and have been since the first one.

and the game you want is not Assassin's creed. It never will be, it will always be what it is, no matter how much you cry about it, it won't change the fact.

Desmond is the main storyline. Simple as that, you are ******, evenly as simple.

Honestly go find a different game, there isn't a single person that wants you on these forums trash talking what assassin's creed is truly about.

Oh and FYI, Caterina wasn't portrayed as weak in the game. Just because she was captured doesn't mean she is weak. Some of the greatest figures in history were captured at one point or another. Even when she was captured she still fought back versus the Borgia when she told the good people of rome to fight back when she was being lead off to jail. Your completely wrong about how they portrayed her.

Jexx21
10-21-2011, 06:53 PM
Woah man! Calm down on the anger and the insults please. Dennis is HUMAN! He has an opinion and feelings just like the rest of us. He's just stubborn.

dennis, I think I know more closely to what you want. Ever played Total War? It's a PC game, so maybe you haven't heard of it. It's a historical strategy game, where you are a warlord or a leader of an army, and you are placed in a certain setting and time period. The latest game to come out was Shogun 2, you played as a Damiyo (I think) of a territory in Feudal Japan. The Emperor died recently, and all the other Damiyo's are competing for the spot. You get to make allies, enemies, build up your territory and take lands from others until you become the new Emperor. You can also play out actual historical scenarios.

I think what you want is more like that, but as a single person instead of an army, and free-roam goodness. They actually tried to make something like that, they called it Total Warrior. But it was more based off of mythology.

But anyways, I think you really want to combine the open world, combat, territorial, and enemy system with the very historical and rich Total War. Hell, I would love a game like that also, but probably not as much as Assassin's Creed.

jmk1999
10-21-2011, 08:08 PM
<span class="ev_code_RED">@ F3arTh3L3g3nd:
if you wish to continue posting on these forums, i suggest you get a better attitude. flaming and insulting other members is not tolerated. you have been warned. additional warnings regarding such behavior can and will result in suspension of posting rights on all ubisoft forums. please show respect when forming arguments, debates, or disagreements.</span>

ace3001
10-21-2011, 08:42 PM
Err..

dennis, after AC3, they will either introduce a new modern-day protagonist, but if they don't, the interface they use will probably still be Animus-like. And it will still be Assassins vs Templars, and there will still be Pieces of Eden and the Sci-Fi First Civilization.

That's the stuff you don't want right? I think he expects a reboot like with Prince of Persia, where the new universe will be entirely different from the old. But I don't see that happening with Assassin's Creed. No matter what Dennis wants, majority of the fans actually like the current AC universe, so even after Desmond, I'm sure Ubi will continue along the same lines. If not for the Animus, at least the battle between Templars and Assassins involving the Pieces of Eden will be there, like you said.

Jexx21
10-21-2011, 08:55 PM
Gah.. I should really buy the rest of Ubisoft Monteral's games.

MostJadedGamer
10-21-2011, 09:01 PM
That is all that you like about the series, yet you continue to buy it because it takes place in a historical place. what a joke.

There are so very, very, very few games that interest me anymore I don't have much of a choice. I only play like 4 or 5 games a year anymore because there is almost nothing left that interests me anymore.

By the way I am actually very excited about Revelations. I don't know where you get the idea that I am not. Revelations is a Day 1 Must Buy for me, and I very hyped about it.

stealth is part of assassin's creed. It always has been. -->Assassin's<-- Creed. How many assassin's run out in the open and say "hey guys look i'm here I'm a ******." No one. It is a key concept about the game.

Um no AC is getting away from stealth more, and more with each game. it is bcoming less, and less about stealth with every game. Action, RPG, Strategy, and City Building elements are playing a bigger, and bigger role in each game.

Also, what do you mean that it has the potential to be one of the greatest games ever? It already is.

Um no. The firsst 3 games have had major flaws. AC1 was just tedious, and boring, and AC2, and Brotherhood suffered from a complete lack of challenge, and terrible enemy AI.

There are also other improvements they could make to the series, and other innovations they can add. Some of which they have already added to Revelations(such as the tower defense mode where there are large scale battles mainly decided by strategy, and tactics, and for the first time we have a dynamic city in a AC game where you can lose dens back to the templars, and actually lose your progress in the game if you lose a tower defense battle. This is the first time we have had this sort of dynamic gameplay.

I think with Revelations that Ubisoft will finally deliver a good game on the 4th try.

These games are already great and have been since the first one.

There has yet to be a good AC, but I expect that will change with Revelations.

and the game you want is not Assassin's creed. It never will be, it will always be what it is, no matter how much you cry about it, it won't change the fact.

Well no game will ever be 100% what I want. Like I said I will have to take what I can get. The Ac games are one of the very few games that even interest me anymore.

dennis, I think I know more closely to what you want. Ever played Total War? It's a PC game, so maybe you haven't heard of it.

I absolutely despise the PC as a platform, and refuse to play games on it anymore after all the problems I have had with the PC as a games platform. I HATE PC gaming. By the way I did play a Total War game many years ago I think it was called Shogun: Total War, but I have not touched a PC game in a very long time I just totally despise the PC as a games platform, and refuse to play games on it anymore because of all the trouble I have had with it the past.

ace3001
10-21-2011, 09:02 PM
Gah.. I should really buy the rest of Ubisoft Monteral's games. Well, you should, except for James Cameron's Avatar: The Game, and FarCry 2. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

I just totally despise the PC as a games platform, and refuse to play games on it anymore because of all the trouble I have had with it the past. I lqtm'd. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif Nice of you to hate it cause you can't get it to work right.

Jexx21
10-21-2011, 09:05 PM
Okay, I am now putting dennis on ignore.

Anyway, I already have FarCry 2, and I actually want the Avatar game, just for fun. It's like how I wanted the Aliens vs Predator game by Sega just for fun even though it has a bad score.

The ONE UbiSoft Montreal game I won't be getting however is Lost: Via Domus.

jcm9
10-21-2011, 09:36 PM
The animus is the most important part of the game by far.

Without it you couldn't have the modern part of the game, and the HUD wouldn't fit in so natuarally to the historical part of the game. The historical part of the game is fantastic but in my opinion the game wouldn't be as deep if it didn't tie in to the present. I think the balence is perfect regarding Historical vs Modern parts of the game, with the animus being a must if you're to have both in the game.

This argument is silly, the animus and modern parts of the game provide the best HUD and menu system possible so that the historical part feels natuaral and above all fun.

Jexx21
10-21-2011, 09:41 PM
The Animus is to Assassin's Creed as the Normandy is to Mass Effect. It gets you to where you need to go and ties the characters together.

Animuses
10-21-2011, 10:13 PM
How many assassin's run out in the open and say "hey guys look i'm here I'm a ******." No one. They did in Brotherhood...

What were the writers thinking?

jcm9
10-21-2011, 10:27 PM
Originally posted by Animuses:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by F3arTh3L3g3nd:
How many assassin's run out in the open and say "hey guys look i'm here I'm a ******." No one. They did in Brotherhood...

What were the writers thinking? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

lol writers http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif
As much as I love the fact that the assassin's do that, a little bit more stealth couldn't hurt.

LightRey
10-22-2011, 03:19 AM
There are so very, very, very few games that interest me anymore I don't have much of a choice. I only play like 4 or 5 games a year anymore because there is almost nothing left that interests me anymore.

By the way I am actually very excited about Revelations. I don't know where you get the idea that I am not. Revelations is a Day 1 Must Buy for me, and I very hyped about it.

How in god's name do you still represent any kind of majority? You're the most unusual AC gamer I've ever heard of.

Um no AC is getting away from stealth more, and more with each game. it is bcoming less, and less about stealth with every game. Action, RPG, Strategy, and City Building elements are playing a bigger, and bigger role in each game.

Stealth is still as much a part of AC as it used to be in AC1. Nowadays the games just allow for more creative freedom, so that you're not always bound to being stealthy. However, there will always be segments in the games where you'll be forced to be stealthy, it's part of being an assassin. It's in one of the tenets of their creed after all.

Um no. The firsst 3 games have had major flaws. AC1 was just tedious, and boring, and AC2, and Brotherhood suffered from a complete lack of challenge, and terrible enemy AI.

There are also other improvements they could make to the series, and other innovations they can add. Some of which they have already added to Revelations(such as the tower defense mode where there are large scale battles mainly decided by strategy, and tactics, and for the first time we have a dynamic city in a AC game where you can lose dens back to the templars, and actually lose your progress in the game if you lose a tower defense battle. This is the first time we have had this sort of dynamic gameplay.

I think with Revelations that Ubisoft will finally deliver a good game on the 4th try.

If the games were truly as bad as you just described, they wouldn't have sold nearly as well as they did. The games in the AC series are of a level of quality rarely seen. All games need improvements, but AC's doing a far better job at reaching perfection than basically every other game (series) out there.

There has yet to be a good AC, but I expect that will change with Revelations.
Again the sales ratings (massively) disagree.

Well no game will ever be 100% what I want. Like I said I will have to take what I can get. The Ac games are one of the very few games that even interest me anymore.
From what I hear I don't think there will ever even be a game that's 10% what you want and thank god for that, cause your ideas sound worse to me with every post.

I absolutely despise the PC as a platform, and refuse to play games on it anymore after all the problems I have had with the PC as a games platform. I HATE PC gaming. By the way I did play a Total War game many years I think it was called Shogun: Total War, but I have not touched a PC game in a very long time I just totally despise the PC as a games platform, and refuse to play games on it anymore because of all the trouble I have had with it the past.
With PC gaming, if you want to avoid having too many problems, I suggest you buy older PC games. Generally your PC will be able to handle them and most bugs the games themselves would have had at launch will have been patched by then.

MostJadedGamer
10-22-2011, 08:37 AM
With PC gaming, if you want to avoid having too many problems, I suggest you buy older PC games. Generally your PC will be able to handle them and most bugs the games themselves would have had at launch will have been patched by then.

I have had problems with older games to running on my PC's. The best way to avoid problems with PC games is to never touch a PC game again. I play Yahoo Chess on my PC, and that is it.

Jexx21
10-22-2011, 10:22 AM
It's strange..

I have a 4 year old PC and I'm running old games and new games just fine, just as long as I meet the system requirements.

And the PC version is always better (graphically, and if it's a shooter, it's superior in controls) any way, unless the developer decided to make it worse somehow.

But don't get me wrong, I love consoles. I just think that they are to restricted compared to PCs.

LightRey
10-22-2011, 10:29 AM
It's strange..

I have a 4 year old PC and I'm running old games and new games just fine, just as long as I meet the system requirements.

And the PC version is always better (graphically, and if it's a shooter, it's superior in controls) any way, unless the developer decided to make it worse somehow.

But don't get me wrong, I love consoles. I just think that they are to restricted compared to PCs.
PC controls are also better for RTS games and games like The Sims.

Jexx21
10-22-2011, 10:31 AM
That's why RTS' are practically PC exclusive.

The number of RTS console games probably aren't in the triple digits.

LightRey
10-22-2011, 10:40 AM
That's why RTS' are practically PC exclusive.

The number of RTS console games probably aren't in the triple digits.
Yeah, probably not. The console ones aren't bad though. They're just capable of achieving the same level as the PC ones.

MostJadedGamer
10-22-2011, 12:22 PM
From Ubisoft's own mouth.

Ubisoft- "The focus is definantly on Ezio."

http://thegamingliberty.com/in...s-creed-revelations/ (http://thegamingliberty.com/index.php/2011/10/22/tgl-interview-falko-poiker-talks-assassins-creed-revelations/)

So hopefully people will with quit saying stupid stuff up like Desmond is the main character.

Ezio has been the main character AC2, ACB, and now ACR.

LightRey
10-22-2011, 12:25 PM

http://thegamingliberty.com/in...s-creed-revelations/ (http://thegamingliberty.com/index.php/2011/10/22/tgl-interview-falko-poiker-talks-assassins-creed-revelations/)

So hopefully people will with quit saying stupid stuff up like Desmond is the main character.

Of course the focus is on Ezio, but that doesn't mean that he's the main character.

naran6142
10-22-2011, 12:33 PM

in AC1, altair was the focus but desmond was the main character

in AC2, ACB and ACR ezio is the focus but desmond is the main character

in AC3, we probably will spend a lot of time as the ancestor, but desmond is still the main character

desmond is in the story for a reason

and no offence dude but ubi will not remove desmond from the story, at least not the main one, and all the stuff you but like will probably stay in the games

MostJadedGamer
10-22-2011, 01:13 PM
The main character is the one that is the main focus of the game.

You can NOT be the main charater without being the main focus of the game.

LOL Take a step back, and look how silly you guys look.

You guys are trying to stretch the meaning of main character any way you can, but it doesn't matter how you try to stretch it Desmond has yet to be the main character in a AC game. Thats a simple fact.

LightRey
10-22-2011, 01:33 PM

You guys are trying to stretch the meaning of main character any way you can, but it doesn't matter how you try to stretch it Desmond has yet to be the main character in a AC game. Thats a simple fact.
No, the main character of AC1 is Desmond playing Altaïr and in ACII and ACB it's again Desmond playing Ezio.

Jexx21
10-22-2011, 01:52 PM
..but I thought we WERE playing as Desmond?

Doesn't the Animus go back in time, and then Desmond takes the spot of a person back then. That's why the main character always looks like Desmond.

o_o

LightRey
10-22-2011, 01:55 PM
..but I thought we WERE playing as Desmond?

Doesn't the Animus go back in time, and then Desmond takes the spot of a person back then. That's why the main character always looks like Desmond.

o_o
Precisely. xD

Serrachio
10-22-2011, 02:03 PM
Desmond is the protagonist of the series.

The protagonist is not necessarily the character you control though.

All the games so far have had Desmond progressing in his skills and abilities, even though we have been playing through the memories of his ancestors.

@Jexx, The Animus plays through a person's genetic memories by projecting the subject, in this case Desmond, onto their ancestor. In theory, it doesn't 'go back in time', but it frames the person exploring their DNA onto the body on their ancestor.

It's sort of like possession in a way, but they aren't influencing history in any way, rather that they are just replaying the experiences that their ancestor did while the machine imprints the ancestor's skills onto them through the bleeding effect.

Jexx21
10-22-2011, 02:06 PM
@Serrachio

it was a joke.

Serrachio
10-22-2011, 02:07 PM
Oh.

Umm... *whistles and walks away*

Jexx21
10-22-2011, 02:10 PM
It's alright, I wanted to make it seem like it wasn't a joke some-what, so now I know it works. :P

BTOG46
10-22-2011, 08:25 PM
I absolutely despise the PC as a platform, and refuse to play games on it anymore after all the problems I have had with the PC as a games platform. I HATE PC gaming. By the way I did play a Total War game many years ago I think it was called Shogun: Total War, but I have not touched a PC game in a very long time I just totally despise the PC as a games platform, and refuse to play games on it anymore because of all the trouble I have had with it the past.

DO NOT start your anti PC crusade again, remember the warning you got when you tried that in the Ruse forums..... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif

SirRaelix
10-22-2011, 08:37 PM

Then why does everything you do in every single assassin's creed game lead up to something for Desmond? Why is Desmond reliving the memories of Altair and Ezio? You fail to see the bigger picture, you hate the sci-fi portion of the game so much that it distracts you from the bigger picture.

You say that you can't stand the sci-fi and parts that take place in 2012 and they are just intrusive to you when you play the game. Meaning you probably ignore them or are doing something else when most of the cutscenes ad modern gameplay is going on right? You give it less than half of your attention. I assume I'm right because that is what you make it seem like.

Now that you've read the paragraph before it, if you don't give any focus to that section. How on earth do you know how Desmond relates to the story? You cut him out, but it seems you don't even know how he relates to the story at all since you don't care about the story.

Jexx21
10-22-2011, 11:03 PM
Dennis, did you know that ACR is going to have the most Desmond gameplay out of the whole series?

MostJadedGamer
10-22-2011, 11:51 PM
Dennis, did you know that ACR is going to have the most Desmond gameplay out of the whole series?

Its not a huge deal to me as long as the vast majority of the game is in a historical setting. The complete lack of challenge during combat, and terrible enemy AI are far bigger problems to me. The Desmond parts are a annoyance, and a irritation, but I can tolerate them.

Jexx21
10-22-2011, 11:54 PM
Actually, the AI for the guards gets better in each installment. It's just that Ezio is overpowered against them.

And to be honest, I wouldn't have the difficulty any harder than AC1. I love rounding up guards and killing them sometimes >.<

MostJadedGamer
10-23-2011, 03:02 PM
Actually, the AI for the guards gets better in each installment.

The AI in AC2, and Brotherhood is some the absolute worst AI I have seen form any videogame this entire generation.

A good example of the TERRIBLE AI is Archers on the roofs of AC2. Who can yell at you from 30 paces away, and yet you can run all the way up to them, and kill them without any resistance at all.

Its probably the worst example of AI that I have saw in any videogame ever.

LightRey
10-23-2011, 03:41 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jexx21:
Actually, the AI for the guards gets better in each installment.

The AI in AC2, and Brotherhood is some the absolute worst AI I have seen form any videogame this entire generation.

A good example of the TERRIBLE AI is Archers on the roofs of AC2. Who can yell at you from 30 paces away, and yet you can run all the way up to them, and kill them without any resistance at all.

Its probably the worst example of AI that I have saw in any videogame ever. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Because you're a genius and you figured out the coding for the AI in AC1, ACII and ACB?

The AI in AC1 was dumb. The only reason people think it's better than the ACII/ACB ones is because they could use guard break, which has absolutely nothing to do with the AI itself.

Animuses
10-23-2011, 06:32 PM

The AI in AC did that, not AC2.

mattyink
03-07-2014, 07:44 PM

Yup that is what i want too. I couldn't care less about the whole back story and Templars i just wanna be a pirate and i really don't think they need it. Every time i get back outside the animus i dread it so much its boring i just play through fast don't read nothing cuz i just don't care.

Editing my post to rephrase. What i meant to say is that the Templars/assassin's story can be there in that time period (it needs to be otherwise there is no story to tell) but the pretense that this war is still going on to this day is unnecessary IMO.

When i played the first game i didnt even know about the Animus gimmick and i was surprised and put off by it. I was able to enjoy AC2 enough to almost finish it. Havent touch an AC till Black Flag on the PS4 cuz thats the only good tittle for the console and i had read they were making the animus less or a factor.

Aphex_Tim
03-07-2014, 08:03 PM
And the Necromancer Of The Year Award goes to...

mattyink
03-07-2014, 09:30 PM
And the Necromancer Of The Year Award goes to...

I guess you say that cuz i bring an old thread back from the dead? yeah ok almost clever hehehe Well what do noobs on forum are always being told when they make new threads? That's right you clever one, use the search function loll

Would i have made a new thread would you have come with some more unnecessary comments?

STDlyMcStudpants
03-07-2014, 09:51 PM
I love the animus, but for video game reasons, I PRAY that another action based history IP comes out from another developer if not ubisoft before assassins creed ends...
I love visiting history in games so much :D

Fatal-Feit
03-07-2014, 10:09 PM
I love the animus, but for video game reasons, I PRAY that another action based history IP comes out from another developer if not ubisoft before assassins creed ends...
I love visiting history in games so much :D

I do too, lol. I know video games aren't suppose to be real but that doesn't mean they can't replicate history and give it a twist like AC.