PDA

View Full Version : im developing an idea for deflection shooting for bob

raaaid
01-30-2006, 06:10 AM
using 6dof i lean my head as much as posible to a side to dont get a blocked view by the nose of the plane,in fact i could even open the cockpit and take my head out

do you think this would work within the cockpit?

do you think bob will let you take your head out of the cockpit? this would be usefull for take off

raaaid
01-30-2006, 06:10 AM
using 6dof i lean my head as much as posible to a side to dont get a blocked view by the nose of the plane,in fact i could even open the cockpit and take my head out

do you think this would work within the cockpit?

do you think bob will let you take your head out of the cockpit? this would be usefull for take off

Pig_Mac
01-30-2006, 07:03 AM
When I got my TrackIR4 I even reinstalled CFS3 to try out the 5DoF. It could really be handy, leaning out during takeoff and even landing. I just hope they don't forget to make a 'working' gunsight for BoB, instead of the always visible one in CFS3 http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

I hardly can wait to get BoB now! it really adds to the immersion to move around in the pit.

Tully__
01-30-2006, 10:22 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I just hope they don't forget to make a 'working' gunsight for BoB, instead of the always visible one in CFS3 </div></BLOCKQUOTE>The IL2/FB/PF gunsight already works the way the one in CFS3 should, you can see it when you "Shift-F1" in German aircraft. In Maddox sims if your head moves enough to take the reticle past the edge of the sight glass, the reticle disappears just like it should. I doubt this level of realism will be omitted in Maddox's next offering. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Chivas
01-30-2006, 11:11 AM
I have CFS 3 and BOB WOV to test the six vectors but find I prefer using only the two vectors, and setting the other vectors to my Hotas keys. I couldn't hack CFS3 long enough to set up the 6 vectors properly. BOB WOV is a better game but the dogfighting is still to jerky and the aircraft sometimes disappear after you shoot them. They are working on these problems and may have them fixed for the next patch.

One thing BOB WOV does well in the Track IR zoom vector is it zooms on the portion of the cockpit or sky you are focused on. In FB you have to refocus after you zoom. This is annoying and hope Oleg is aware of the problem and adjust accordingly for BOB.

WB_Outlaw
01-30-2006, 07:45 PM
Chivas,
I'm not sure what you mean by "refocus" but I have mapped the increase/decrease FOV commands to buttons on my X-52 and it "zooms" directly to the point I'm looking with no problems.

I can't believe I'm doing this...

raaaid, unless you're leading the target by side slipping, leaning your head out the side of the cockpit won't help you aim. I guess it might help you see strikes if you're only pulling a little lead. Doing it at any speed over dog slow would be extremely uncomfortable and counter productive at best.

--Outlaw.