PDA

View Full Version : X52 Throttle vs. Ch Throttle

hmkim
02-01-2006, 04:10 PM
Now that I got a MS FFB2, it's time to get a throttle. With $100, I can get an X52 (I won't use its stick) or a CH Throttle. Here's a dilemma.

I tried the X52 and liked its feel. However, one review states that the X52 throttle sometimes does not stay in one position, making precise control hard. Is that true???

Of course, the CH doesn't have that potential drawback, but I'm not too excited about its design and feel.

So, can you help me make a decision?

hmkim
02-01-2006, 04:10 PM
Now that I got a MS FFB2, it's time to get a throttle. With $100, I can get an X52 (I won't use its stick) or a CH Throttle. Here's a dilemma.

I tried the X52 and liked its feel. However, one review states that the X52 throttle sometimes does not stay in one position, making precise control hard. Is that true???

Of course, the CH doesn't have that potential drawback, but I'm not too excited about its design and feel.

So, can you help me make a decision?

Kyril1959
02-01-2006, 04:17 PM
Never had a problem with my X52 throttle staying in position, and it does have a tension adjustment.
One big selling point for me with the X52 are the rotaries and slider on the throttle for trim, CH doen't have that.

Bearcat99
02-01-2006, 04:20 PM
I suggest you try here (http://store.yahoo.com/saitekusa/recprod.html) first. I use an X-45 with a MSFFB2. I love the combo. You can also yuse the X-52/45 stick as a button bay... you dont have to put it under the desk. CH products are good from all reports I have heard.. but if you like the X-52 and you can get one there by all means do so.. then stash away some bucks for a set of CH pedals.... Whatevcer you decide.. get your CH stuff here (http://www.provantage.com/ch%7E110CHPU.htm). Good prices and great service.

hmkim
02-01-2006, 05:04 PM
Thanks gentlemen. Why didn't I think of using the stick as a button bay? I'll buy an X52 then...but the X45 for $39 looks so tempting. Another dilemma:-) I also bought a MS Precision Pro racing wheel/pedal for $26 on Ebay to use it as rudder pedals. I should be all set pretty soon.

Now as far as the IL-2 is concerned, all I need is a 30 inch Viewsonic LCD TV. Gotta save $800 more!