PDA

View Full Version : I'm amazed.

Vengeanze
11-27-2004, 04:30 AM
I don't post here often ( http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-tongue.gif ) but feel the need to write this.

I know all this Customers (consumer) rights and that but I'm also an overall gamer and a realist.
I've played alot of different games of very different styles.

Never ever in any game have I been able to post my concerns in a forum and get a reply from the chief of development.
Never ever in any game have I been asked to give my ideas on future development.
Seldom in any game has the community been asked to report bugs which then most have been corrected in a swift patch.

Except in the IL-2/FB/PF series.

I'm a consumer who got rights but I'm also a realist.
And the support for this game is second to none.

Thanks Oleg and team.

Atomic_Marten
11-27-2004, 04:36 AM
You're right. I have spotted this long time ago. Support from devs to this game is amazing (patches, discussions) + good community-forums etc.. That is one of the reasons why I love this game so much.

+ of course super-cool-legendary game.http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Vengeanze
11-27-2004, 04:40 AM
I change games like I change underwears...almost.
But I've stuck to this game.
Oleg's enthusiasm and dedication keep this game so fresh and challenging.
Not to mention the community.

I haven't renewed the subscription of my morning paper - I read the forums instead.

DuxCorvan
11-27-2004, 05:03 AM
Stop pretending!

We all know you come to these forums because of the chicks... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-tongue.gif

Freycinet
11-27-2004, 06:13 AM
You're totally right vengeanze, but so many people can't see it and might very well drive Oleg out of the flight sim business with their eternal *****ing. I sincerely wish him more happiness in other activities if he decides to quit and I wouldn't be surprised. Then we can fly the whine's wonderful flight sims...

SUPERAEREO
11-27-2004, 06:17 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Vengeanze:

Never ever in any game have I been able to post my concerns in a forum and get a reply from the chief of development.
Never ever in any game have I been asked to give my ideas on future development.
Seldom in any game has the community been asked to report bugs which then most have been corrected in a swift patch.

Except in the IL-2/FB/PF series.

I'm a consumer who got rights but I'm also a realist.
And the support for this game is second to none.

Thanks Oleg and team. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Totally agree.

S!

actionhank1786
11-27-2004, 09:45 AM
Word!
That's one reason "whiners" are chewed out so much.
Not because their opinions don't matter, or because we're all fan boys, but because they should have the respect to politely and calmly speak to a developer who's willing to listen, if for no other reason than he, unlike most developers is doing just that, he listens to the complaints and criticisms. And if you can put your fact book where your mouth is, Oleg is more than willing to fix it, but whining doesnt solve anything.
I love this game http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

ElAurens
11-27-2004, 10:27 AM
Agree totally.

Great post.

S!

VMF513_Viper
11-27-2004, 10:34 AM
Ven,

Agreed! Never in my history playing any game have I seen such dedication, support, and zeal from any of the product designers to get a game corrected and supported swiftly. Oleg and team has proven that their customers are always first before anything else.

I have seen other games go off into the sunset because of poor support, little or no patches and or support. We all must take into account that Oleg and his crew deserve the respect of the gaming community.

I see alot of good ideas and robustness of this game, which in turn has a lot of potential to be even greater than what it is now. Too many times I have put a game down after I have finished it or I have lost interest in it forever, but this game in itself has kept my interest for a long time and will continue to do so.

Microsoft has nothing on you Oleg...Give em Hell!

Viper

heywooood
11-27-2004, 10:44 AM
Well said, Vengeance...

What a seesaw battle we have on this board on a daily basis.

You can see so called 'fanboys' vs the aptly named 'whiners' battling it out verbatim ad nauseum with no apparent end in sight...(well - unless 1c gets tired of it and takes a walk)

The absolute bottom line is that we as a community are INVOLVED to a real great degree with what goes into (or comes out of) this sim series. No one can deny that...NO ONE.

Unfortunately, giving voice to everyone means giving voice to several jacka$$es and raising the rational ones' blood pressure... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/784.gif

These must be disregarded and people like Vengeance must continue to express the gratitude that I believe the developers justly deserve.

Raptor_20thFG
11-29-2004, 03:44 AM
Right on I will support oleg and 1C for as long as they keep this up and I want to thank them for all their hard work.

triggerhappyfin
11-29-2004, 04:16 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by actionhank1786:
Word!
That's one reason "whiners" are chewed out so much.
Not because their opinions don't matter, or because we're all fan boys, but because they should have the respect to politely and calmly speak to a developer who's willing to listen, if for no other reason than he, unlike most developers is doing just that, he listens to the complaints and criticisms. And if you can put your fact book where your mouth is, Oleg is more than willing to fix it, but whining doesnt solve anything.
I love this game http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Agree w u Hank!

Let´s bring the discussions to a mature and intelligent level and even leave the complaints bit and critisise on a constructive level.

I´m glad to see Bearcats "only say this once" warning and truly wish he´ll be as harsh as he claims in the future to stop all that whining goin on!

A while ago there was a thread about aerodynamics and wether it is correct or as correct it can be presented within the game.

There´s been some threads of similar dignity that has contributed with some essentials to be changed(However those threads involved some whining tho). Lets see more of that kind of postings!

Let´s have more mature discussions and take Olegs word on it when he states great difficulties in implementing the communitys wishes on chances.

And pls mods delete as many whining/abusive replys as possible as they dont ad anything to the discussions.

Democracy´s been mentioned by some and the rights of customers.

In a democracy you cant get along beeing abusive to other ppl without consequencies!

Sometimes the best way to get it your way is by a mature discussion and convince other ppl that yuo´re right on the matter. Most times it will show that there´s other opinions on the matter and decisions are´nt too easy to make.

I as customer have the rights to not have to see the abusive whining and down right bs going on in some of the threads witch began as promicing discussions.

SeaFireLIV
11-29-2004, 04:50 AM
Yea, when I first came here, I was astonished at the fact that the maker of IL2 actually corresponded with posters here.

In my previous experince games/sims makers basically popped out their product with the odd patch every now and then and IF YOU WERE REALLY LUCKY, you might get a junior programmer pop in and say something. Most programming companies, even the good ones, were always aloof and very distant.

I never even used to post much, just read, until I noticed that people`s ideas WERE being listened to if they appeared accurate!

And I couldn`t believe it when my whine for the ability to ESCAPE enemy areas was actually implemented! That knocked me for six!

Not to mention the bombs for the Hurricane - that was harder than Escape... But a lot of us helped in that.

(Of course my whine was in the best possible taste - and it took half a year http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif )

AWL_Spinner
11-29-2004, 05:28 AM
SeaFireLIV,

Funny, my first memory of these forums was also Oleg related, but I was astonished to see oiks from the general public actually having a go at the game's senior developer. Not the educated discussions, mind, the mindless stuff.

Of course, you (sadly) get used to it as time goes on - the Lock On forums were similarly blighted, but it made quite an impression way back when. Thankfully, Oleg always seems to give as good as he gets. I'm not sure whether in some perverse way he enjoys battling ignorance.

Cheers, Spinner

Bearcat99
11-29-2004, 06:25 AM
Couldnt have said it better myself. The first time i went on Hyperlobby in IL2 and saw Oleg on there I was totally floored. A developer who actually uses his product. I think this is one reason why he is still so involved inspite of the headaches. I am not naive enough to think that it isnt also about the business but there is a passion for the product and the genre that you can see and feel in the quality of the product itself.

This is why I get so pissed at people who have nothing constructive to say. If I didnt know better i would think they were MS plants hired to tear the community apart and drive Oleg away from the direct relationship and turn it into a more impersonal thing instead of just ********s.

SeaFireLIV
11-29-2004, 06:27 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by AWL_Spinner:

I'm not sure whether in some perverse way he enjoys battling ignorance.

Cheers, Spinner <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yea, I wonder the same myself sometimes. As far as I can remember, this is the 2ND time he`s got himself arguing with someone who`s clearly just going to insult him rather than bring anything constructive.

TgD Thunderbolt56
11-29-2004, 06:27 AM
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/354.gif Ven? The holiday season getting you a little sentimental or what?

Actually, I agree with you.

SeaFireLIV
11-29-2004, 06:29 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Bearcat99:

If I didnt know better i would think they were MS plants hired to tear the community apart and drive Oleg away from the direct relationship and turn it into a more impersonal thing instead of just ********s. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

This hasn`t been far from my thoughts either.

Bearcat99
11-29-2004, 06:41 AM
Well.... as I said in another post... the banstick has nails on it this time... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/784.gif

NegativeGee
11-29-2004, 07:13 AM
I agree with the stapler sig man http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif