PDA

View Full Version : IL2 1946

Admiral_Stealth
11-02-2007, 10:55 AM
I use a pentium 4 processor. In Pacific fighters you indicated
"If you have a computer with a Pentium 4 processor, you may occasionally encounter game lock-ups or crashes to desktop. In order to solve that, copy your il2_core.dll into the il2_corep4.dll (for example, with the following command: "copy il2_core.dll il2_corep4.dll"; or, in Windows Explorer, navigate to your sim installation directory, delete the existing il2_corep4.dll, make a copy of the il2_core.dll, and rename the copy to il2_corep4.dll)".
Does that also apply to 1946 when using a pentium 4 processor?

Admiral_Stealth
11-02-2007, 10:55 AM
"If you have a computer with a Pentium 4 processor, you may occasionally encounter game lock-ups or crashes to desktop. In order to solve that, copy your il2_core.dll into the il2_corep4.dll (for example, with the following command: "copy il2_core.dll il2_corep4.dll"; or, in Windows Explorer, navigate to your sim installation directory, delete the existing il2_corep4.dll, make a copy of the il2_core.dll, and rename the copy to il2_corep4.dll)".
Does that also apply to 1946 when using a pentium 4 processor?

MaxMhz
11-02-2007, 11:15 AM
I never experienced CTD's or lockups when I ran 1946 on my P4.

I would say: don't fix it if it's not broken.

stansdds
11-03-2007, 04:22 AM
I've not heard of any problems with running 1946 on a P4, so unless you encounter problems, I'd leave it alone. I think there were some game code changes in 1946 and that whole issue may have been eliminated.

XyZspineZyX
11-03-2007, 07:11 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Admiral_Stealth:
Does that also apply to 1946 when using a pentium 4 processor? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You seem to be reading the "Pacific Fighters readme" file

"Pacific Fighters" came out a few years ago. PCs were not as generally powerful as they are now, and "1946" is a product made much more recently

In a nutshell, you didn;t buy "Pacific Fighters". You bought a thing that includes it as an integral part. if you don;t see any documentation that says "In Il2 Sturmovik :1946, you need to do the following", then I recommend NOT following the directions you have read for "Pacific Fighters"

They do not intend for you to backtrack and read up on what you need to do for every sub-assembly of "1946". Just install it

if you think there's a frame rate issue, then of course you can try the "Pacific Fighters" trick. But don;t even consider it unless there's an issue, which you probably won;t have

You're reading an old obsolete read-me