PDA

View Full Version : Brand New player/Bullet magnet on the way

hi_stik
02-20-2006, 01:36 PM
I am brand new to this game, having just loaded FB+AEP+PF, and all patches. I have yet to play online, and I'm doing the research now as to how to do so. So far, in offline play, I've managed to run into about as many planes as I've shot down straight up. My question is, I'd like to become a mud mover, but the game has no training mode, only some movies you watch. Is there an online resource that helps you learn to dive-bomb and level-bomb? Also, is there a way to convert the units from meters/KPH to imperial units?

One more question: In the career missions thing, are there supposed to be USAAF careers in Europe? I only have the option of playing in the Pacific...

Mongoose117A
02-20-2006, 02:42 PM
Hi_stik, welcome to our world!

For a tutorial, go to (and bookmark if you're smart) airwarfare.com (formerly mudmovers.com). They've got an extensive section on IL2, and lots of very usable links!

Good luck!

Tim

Treetop64
02-20-2006, 04:14 PM
Welcome aboard...

...you poor, pitiful, unfortunate machine gun and cannon fodder, you...

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/784.gif

han freak solo
02-20-2006, 05:57 PM
Welcome doood!

Akronnick
02-21-2006, 02:03 PM
Originally posted by hi_stik:
I am brand new to this game, having just loaded FB+AEP+PF, and all patches. I have yet to play online, and I'm doing the research now as to how to do so. So far, in offline play, I've managed to run into about as many planes as I've shot down straight up. My question is, I'd like to become a mud mover, but the game has no training mode, only some movies you watch. Is there an online resource that helps you learn to dive-bomb and level-bomb? Also, is there a way to convert the units from meters/KPH to imperial units?

One more question: In the career missions thing, are there supposed to be USAAF careers in Europe? I only have the option of playing in the Pacific...

Best way to learn to bomb is to set up a mission in the Quick Mission Builder(QMB). My favorite Mud-Moving pastime is F4U-1C with Rockets and Bombs, Okinawa Map, Target armor.

There is a way to change the speed bar, (The altitude, airspeed, and heading numbers in lower left of screen) you have to bind a key to "Toggle Speed Bar" in the controls section.

Info on adding USAAF careers can be found here:
http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/63110913/m/6041024314

And welcome aboard.

Bearcat99
02-22-2006, 03:23 PM
Welcome aboard... feel free to drop into any of the 332nd open coops..... We usually do a lot of mudmoving.