PDA

View Full Version : Crash on exiting

masterfragbait
05-08-2008, 08:56 PM
It worked ok on my Xp machine. I upgraded my gaming pc to a Q6600 with 2 gigs ram and a GeFore 9600GT with a meg of ram and Vista
Game plays fine. But crashes on exit. I get BSOD.
If I use task manager to kill the program at exit screen its ok. Any sugestions?

masterfragbait
05-08-2008, 08:56 PM
It worked ok on my Xp machine. I upgraded my gaming pc to a Q6600 with 2 gigs ram and a GeFore 9600GT with a meg of ram and Vista
Game plays fine. But crashes on exit. I get BSOD.
If I use task manager to kill the program at exit screen its ok. Any sugestions?

TokyoPoliceClub
05-08-2008, 11:34 PM
It could very well be the video card, mainly because it's new. Using the task manager really only bipasses the game's coded close down. It almost sounds like a bad directory when you downloaded the game or a bad burn of the disc. Bad burns are very unlikely so I wouldn't bank on that one, but it is possible. The other thing that may be happening is your system is losing it when you try to use the game's closing options because ALOT actually happens for that to happen and using the task managers shutdown is much more of an abrupt stop. I'm not sure if that's the problem either though, your rig seems pretty solid. All I can really say is make sure everything in your system is seated correctly and maybe try to reinstall the game. Could also use ntune to see if your getting any bizarre spikes when you shut down, just make sure your saving the results or else the ntune information will disappear when your rig shuts down.
I'd guess it's a graphics card compatibility issue but I can't really say, hard to diagnos problems like this online.
Hope something works for you, I can understand the hassle of exiting through the task manager becoming mildly irritating. (Not being sarcastic for the records.)

Bobfish_Almight
05-09-2008, 05:07 AM
If you pop a DxDiag on someone may be able to help you out

masterfragbait
05-09-2008, 11:04 AM
It only does this on Assassins Creed. All other games work just fine. I downloaded it from Steam. Perhaps its a steam issue.
Thanks

Bobfish_Almight
05-09-2008, 11:24 AM
Just because it works for every other game is no guarantee it'll work for Creed too. Or any other game for that matter