PDA

View Full Version : My first thoughts on AC

Zova
01-04-2008, 06:47 PM
When I first played this game it really wasn't fun for me. But that was just the tutorial..now that i'm in this huge city ( I forgot the name )its much more fun. I can understand how it would get repetative but what game doesnt...not to mention I never get tired of killing the guards.

I do have one question. How do I fight the templar knights? I can not counterattack them, normal attacks are deflected, and if I grab them they just kick me and throw me down. Just a funny story to throw out but there was this one time that I had a templar knight chasing me and I started to climb buildings and jump off .. etc etc, to lose him. Eventually I had a pop up saying I killed 3/60 knights. I'm guessing he fell to his death chasing me or something, lol?

Lazybeans
01-04-2008, 08:04 PM
Originally posted by Zova:
I do have one question. How do I fight the templar knights?

One trick is to grab them (they might break your grab a few times, but eventually you'll get them). You can either throw them into a wall (which sometimes kills them!) and/or just onto the ground, when you simply slash them until they die. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

spazzoo1025
01-04-2008, 08:08 PM
Originally posted by Lazybeans:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Zova:
I do have one question. How do I fight the templar knights?

One trick is to grab them (they might break your grab a few times, but eventually you'll get them). You can either throw them into a wall (which sometimes kills them!) and/or just onto the ground, when you simply slash them until they die. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

or assassinate them when they're down

jcody
01-04-2008, 08:27 PM
Just combo attack them with two swings. If you don't get it on the third swing (combo, that is) they will counter.

Counter their attacks, then select the hidden blade and kill them on the ground. They aren't too difficult, you just have to be more offensive.

spazzoo1025
01-04-2008, 08:30 PM
umm word to the wise for the templars, they have block breaking attacks, so it's more effective to not hold down block the whole time, and only do it when ur countering, so they wont hurt u as much

grdnangl172
01-04-2008, 09:19 PM
Best way is to use a defense break. (Step then attack). All the better gaurds in the game must be damaged or worn out before they will go down. You can do this by scoring a successful counter, or getting a slash in with your blade. Eventually you will wear them down and they will succumb like the rest of the fodder.