PDA

View Full Version : Help for a beginner please - Deck Gun

IRONxMortlock
10-09-2005, 11:02 PM
Hi,

I just purchased SH3 and I am currently going through the naval acadamy. I'm somewhat of a perfectionist so I don't like to move on until I get everything just right.

In Naval Academy 2 - Naval artillary, I find I can use the deck gun manually but I can't get the crew to use it under orders. The gun is manned, I tell the watch officer to fire will, he repeats the command and then nothing happens. I've tried telling them to fire at all ranges, at all locations, etc. etc. Each time the watch officer repeats the orders and then the deck gun does nothing!

What am I doing wrong here?

Thanks for your help,

M

IRONxMortlock
10-09-2005, 11:02 PM
Hi,

I just purchased SH3 and I am currently going through the naval acadamy. I'm somewhat of a perfectionist so I don't like to move on until I get everything just right.

In Naval Academy 2 - Naval artillary, I find I can use the deck gun manually but I can't get the crew to use it under orders. The gun is manned, I tell the watch officer to fire will, he repeats the command and then nothing happens. I've tried telling them to fire at all ranges, at all locations, etc. etc. Each time the watch officer repeats the orders and then the deck gun does nothing!

What am I doing wrong here?

Thanks for your help,

M

The Avon Lady
10-09-2005, 11:27 PM
Read The Community Manual's deck gun page (http://www.communitymanuals.com/shiii/index.php?title=Deck_Gun).

In this case (Naval Academy missions), it's not the weather.

IRONxMortlock
10-10-2005, 01:11 AM
Thanks for your reply and for the link!

I wasn't using the space bar with the binoculars. All ok now.

M