PDA

View Full Version : Your Sewage Is My Bread & Butter!

LuckyBoy1
01-16-2005, 07:35 PM
I knew a man when I was growing up who always had money for his hobbies and a little extra for the wife and kids as well. He wasn't the most educated of men, but I've always felt he was one of the smartest. He made his living dealing with something in life that critically needs to be done, but nobody wants to deal with. On the back of the truck he used to do his job, the following motto was painted...

Your Sewage Is My Bread & Butter

Yes, the man emptied septic tanks for a living and did quite a nice living doing so!

AS fans of this game, we tend to think the cards and other hardware we've pulled from out computers and laid on a shelf someplace are looked upon as sweage by the IL-2 Community. Thinking like that couldn't be more wrong. A typical example would be a guy who can't afford the upgrades he wants for his gaming PC because the wife and or kids needs a new computer or upgrades for same. The wife and kids may not be cursed with the passion for flight sims the way we are and would be very happy with the parts you look upon as sewage! I know a guy who's wife has a 1.7 GHz Pentium IV computer with a 400 MHz front side buss and 256 of cache. The man in question now has a rig that can push along the new 16 pixel pipeline video cards nicely and he wants to put his current 9800 Pro in her PC. The problem is that the 9800 Pro would do so much better if he had a CPU with 512 MB of cache running it. As a result, he was of the thinking that he needed to buy a new motherboard, CPU and RAM for his wife, which would delay by several months his ability to afford and enjoy the full benefits of a 16 pixel pipeline video card.

As a result, while your parts sit on the shelf or get sold on ebay to people who may not appreciate what they are getting, your fellow flight simmers are having to wait on upgrades because they didn't know you had a part to sell. Also, with things like ebay, you are never sure of the price you will get for what you are selling and they take a cut of the sale further reducing what you have to spend on upgrades as well! List your parts over at...

http://airwarfare.com/phpBB2/viewforum.php?f=16&sid=05928a6a12a699f3fd04bad0789c875f

It is run by the well respected people at www.airwarfare.com (http://www.airwarfare.com) and costs you nothing to list or sell the part by using that forum. You can state your own terms and conditions and if it doesn't sell in a week or so, there's always ebay again! Come support the Market forum and your fellow flight simmers and this game by listing your used parts in that forum!

LuckyBoy1
01-16-2005, 07:35 PM
I knew a man when I was growing up who always had money for his hobbies and a little extra for the wife and kids as well. He wasn't the most educated of men, but I've always felt he was one of the smartest. He made his living dealing with something in life that critically needs to be done, but nobody wants to deal with. On the back of the truck he used to do his job, the following motto was painted...

Your Sewage Is My Bread & Butter

Yes, the man emptied septic tanks for a living and did quite a nice living doing so!

AS fans of this game, we tend to think the cards and other hardware we've pulled from out computers and laid on a shelf someplace are looked upon as sweage by the IL-2 Community. Thinking like that couldn't be more wrong. A typical example would be a guy who can't afford the upgrades he wants for his gaming PC because the wife and or kids needs a new computer or upgrades for same. The wife and kids may not be cursed with the passion for flight sims the way we are and would be very happy with the parts you look upon as sewage! I know a guy who's wife has a 1.7 GHz Pentium IV computer with a 400 MHz front side buss and 256 of cache. The man in question now has a rig that can push along the new 16 pixel pipeline video cards nicely and he wants to put his current 9800 Pro in her PC. The problem is that the 9800 Pro would do so much better if he had a CPU with 512 MB of cache running it. As a result, he was of the thinking that he needed to buy a new motherboard, CPU and RAM for his wife, which would delay by several months his ability to afford and enjoy the full benefits of a 16 pixel pipeline video card.

As a result, while your parts sit on the shelf or get sold on ebay to people who may not appreciate what they are getting, your fellow flight simmers are having to wait on upgrades because they didn't know you had a part to sell. Also, with things like ebay, you are never sure of the price you will get for what you are selling and they take a cut of the sale further reducing what you have to spend on upgrades as well! List your parts over at...

http://airwarfare.com/phpBB2/viewforum.php?f=16&sid=05928a6a12a699f3fd04bad0789c875f

It is run by the well respected people at www.airwarfare.com (http://www.airwarfare.com) and costs you nothing to list or sell the part by using that forum. You can state your own terms and conditions and if it doesn't sell in a week or so, there's always ebay again! Come support the Market forum and your fellow flight simmers and this game by listing your used parts in that forum!

Heavy_Weather
01-17-2005, 06:58 AM
nice http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/35.gif

Taylortony
01-17-2005, 03:02 PM
bump

MO_JOJO
01-18-2005, 02:43 AM
So this guy, the sh*t sucker dude...was sewage really his bread and butter? Must have tasted terrible, but I guess if you smell it all day....

Marketplace? Sounds good. Any PC-related paraphernalia, I suppose, as well as aviation-related moychendise.

If I ever get something new, I will have something old to offer.