PDA

View Full Version : Does someone have been able to download 4.03 through dial up?

eiffel68
02-20-2006, 11:50 PM
Because I can't and it's very annoying.
I've tried every 4.03 downloading site without success. Is it just me or it's simply impossible
to download this patch for a dial up user?

Thanks

P.S. Don't tell me to get a broadband because it's unavailable in my area. Period.

RickRuski
02-21-2006, 02:07 AM
Hi eiffel68,
Yes I have downloaded 4.03 on dailup but with the help of a download manager. I had to do it over 3 nights but the download was good. Don't expect to do it over night on dialup it is not possible with the size of the download.

RickRuski

VV_Holdenb
02-21-2006, 03:01 AM
if your in UK drop me a pm. can post on cd. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Capt.LoneRanger
02-21-2006, 03:11 AM
Eiffel sounds like Germany - send me a PM with your addy and I'll send you a CD.

tagTaken2
02-21-2006, 04:00 AM
Originally posted by RickRuski:
Hi eiffel68,
Yes I have downloaded 4.03 on dailup but with the help of a download manager. I had to do it over 3 nights but the download was good. Don't expect to do it over night on dialup it is not possible with the size of the download.

RickRuski

I did it in about 9 hours with firefox, no download manager. Love it, drop-outs, pauses, it copes with them all.

XyZspineZyX
02-21-2006, 05:08 AM
Yes mate. Get a download manager, you can download a trial version from getright & its bl@@dy marvelous.

If you use a download manager it will sort your problems out.

eiffel68
02-21-2006, 09:24 AM
Thanks for the replies but Québec, Canada here.

From where you've downloaded it because I usually use Stardownloader but with 3D gamers and Gamershell I only get a small and (for me) a useless 14kb file.
I can't connect with host with some of the others and with patches.ubi.com I get a â«Resume not supportedâ».

Until now,I've always downloaded the patches from ubi.com without any problem but this one is a bit frustrating.

XyZspineZyX
02-21-2006, 09:56 AM
The download manager getright is available from getright.com.

I dont think patch 4.03 is available from Ubi, you can only get it from the specified mirrors.

It may also be available from Flying legends

eiffel68
02-21-2006, 10:10 AM
Originally posted by dasriech:
The download manager getright is available from getright.com.

I dont think patch 4.03 is available from Ubi, you can only get it from the specified mirrors.

It may also be available from Flying legends

Not directly from ubi.com as it was before but from I've tried from
[URL= http://patches.ubi.com/pacific_fighters/
[/URL]

slo_one23
02-21-2006, 12:45 PM
nine hours, 3 nights man that must stink i have cable and it took 7 minutes and that felt like an eternity