PDA

View Full Version : What games suck and what games rule

shootingsnipe
07-19-2005, 12:55 PM
This is the list for all the sucky games you've played or have some experience with.

Don't post on what you've heard. But you can post on just parts of game you hated

I've played so many games I can't on but one that sticks in my mind as sucking, Hitman contracts ( wasn't a terrible game it was just much worse than the last in my opinion).

I loved CT,PT, and the original, Secret Weapons Over Normandy ( I love flight sims, WWII and the diverse missions and planes) James Bond EON, ( I only played one level of it and I loved it)

Desert Hawk
07-19-2005, 01:21 PM
Games that i liked (in no paticular order):
Splinter Cell
SC PT
SC CT
Prince Of Persia: SoT
MGS2
Knights Of The Old Republic
Kotor II

Games that i dislike (Again, in no paticular order):
Halo
Halo 2: Combat Recycled

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif

ox Se7eN xo
07-19-2005, 01:58 PM
i would post the games i hate and love but i', sure if you go back just one page on this board, you'll find ANOTHER thread like this where i have posted my reply

in fact, i'm sure there's a thread like this on every page of this forum, and i would have posted in all of them

WELL, NOW I'M MAKING A STAND!

Omega_224
07-19-2005, 02:22 PM
Right on, brother!

DiamondShinobi
07-19-2005, 03:14 PM
Originally posted by Desert Hawk:

Games that i dislike (Again, in no paticular order):
Halo
Halo 2: Combat Recycled

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif

LMAO http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif

that was the first time i heard that lol

EternalDirt
07-19-2005, 06:40 PM
Ah, the age ol' question of favourites...

The like list:
-Prince of Persia: Sands of time
-Beyond Good & Evil
-Rayman Series
-SC
-SC:PT, I would say CT but since I still haven't finished it... opps wasn't ment to say that, my bad!
-SSX
-Need for Speed Underground.

The evil list:
-RS3
-TenChu: wraith of heaven
-TombRaider Chronicles & Angel of Darkness
-King Arthur
-Prince of Persia: Warrior within
-GTA series (except the first one, that one's resonably disliked)

XyZspineZyX
07-19-2005, 07:58 PM
Originally posted by S7N:
i would post the games i hate and love but i', sure if you go back just one page on this board, you'll find ANOTHER thread like this where i have posted my reply

in fact, i'm sure there's a thread like this on every page of this forum, and i would have posted in all of them

WELL, NOW I'M MAKING A STAND!

Actually your right.

Tfrogs1
07-20-2005, 12:20 AM
Oh goody, I've been waiting for a chance to express my hatred toward two games in particular... firstly, though I shall say which games I really enjoy (out of the ones I either own or have rented, not demos):
<span class="ev_code_GREEN">
SC
SCPT
SCCT
Hitman 2: Silent Assassin
Morrowind
Mafia
Deus Ex
Rainbow Six 3: Raven Shield
</span>

Now, on to the ones I utterly loathe, and why I utterly loathe them:

<span class="ev_code_RED">
Resident Evil: Outbreak
</span>
<UL TYPE=SQUARE>
<LI> No plot.
<LI> Hideous graphics.
<LI> Terrible dialogue, repeated over and over, with terrible voice acting. Also, instead of swearing, they'll say "ship" and try to make it sound like swearing.
<LI> Contender for worst AI in any PS2 game ever - the others don't know how to use weapons most of the time; they run away constantly and often get lost; they don't listen when you call for help; they run into zombies; they leave living zombies lying on the ground so that they can just get straight back up again; they won't realise who you're offering items to and they'll just take them themselves, meaning you have to get them back off the person and then try again to give it to the person you actually want to give it to... etc.
<LI> Time limit - completely NOT the Resident Evil style.
<LI> Every time you walk through a door, your character walks forward several feet, without you being able to stop him/her - often, this leads you straight into a pack of zombies.
<LI> I think that more than half the game is spent loading - every five or ten seconds, you'll find yourself staring at a loading screen. A lot of this loading takes place when you walk through a door, and in this game there are no door-opening animations, so you get to sit and stare at a black screen waiting for ten or so seconds.
<LI> I'm sure there's more... I didn't bother getting past the second level, it was just too terrible. I don't even know why I haven't traded it in yet...
[/list]
<span class="ev_code_RED">
The Thing
</span>
<UL TYPE=SQUARE>
It's been a while since I've played this, but I'll try to do my best to remember:
<LI> Another contender for worst AI.
<LI> Completely unrealistic and exaggerated "fear/trust" systems - one second, everybody will be fine, then the next, one of them sees a few drops of blood and freaks out and almost goes insane.
<LI> Irritatingly bad graphics.
<LI> Alright, so you get blood-test vials, which you can use on your teammates to see if they're The Thing. Too bad it doesn't work. Many times, I've tested all my teammates, and then often less than a minute later, one (or more) of them will turn into The Thing. Yeah, I'm sure they got infected in that last minute. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif
<LI> Ghastly dialogue and voice acting. The main character tries to sound all cool and tough when he speaks, but actually sounds like a complete idiot.
<LI> Unnecessarily hard in some parts. Near(ish) the end, I discovered that there were a few parts where it was impossible to not get hurt, and seeing as I was on very little health with no healthpacks, I had to restart the whole game. When I got back up to that point, though, I had already learned pretty much all there was to learn about playing the game, so I was in a much better state.
<LI> Way too different from the movie, yet at the same time, it tries to be like it - for example, when Blake I think his name is, says exactly what McCreedy (spelling?) from the movie says, it is just annoying. He even <SPOILER><span class="ev_code_BLACK">rescues Blake at the end of the game</span>.
<LI> For no reason, your teammates will sometimes randomly insult you, calling you a Panzy, etc.
<LI> Your teammates often disappear without any explanation - one scene, he's/they're walking along behind you, and then after a short movie sequence or loading screen, they'll be gone. So really, there's no point trying to get your teammates to trust you (oh yeah, real hard - just give them a near-empty, cruddy weapon) because they'll disappear before you know it.
<LI> Typical Hollywood style... a great movie about an alien called The Thing which could take the form of a person and act exactly like them, gets turned into a game that has several scenes where thousands of aliens are leaping at you through a window, and about halfway through the game some random terrorists or soldiers start shooting at you and it turns into "third-person Counter-Strike", as my brother called it.
<LI> Again, there's probably a lot more that I'm forgetting, but I think you get the general idea. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif
[/list]

Rathitz
07-20-2005, 12:49 AM
Like:

Halo 2
Rome: Total War
NCAA Football 2006
SC: CT

Dislike:

MGS games
SC: PT

RMaule
07-20-2005, 01:32 AM
Games i like at the mo (xbox)

GTA: San Andreas
Destroy all humans!
Conker Live and reloaded (my fave online game at the mo)
Metal Gear solid (Gamecube Remake)
Full spectrum Warrior
Brothers in Arms: Road to hill 30
Resident Evil 4 (Gamecube)
Splinter cell Chaos theory

**thats just to name a few**

Games i hate:

Final Fantasy (all of 'em)
MGS 2+3
Pokemon (all of 'em)
Halo 1+2 (some of the most over rated games ever made)
Medal of Honor: European Assault
SP:CT (DS Version)

WhiteKnight77
07-20-2005, 10:07 AM
The games I hate the most,

Raven Shield
Halo (they came with my sound card and I didn't set out to purchase them purposely).

Raven Shield just blows and Halo is a typical shooter.

Terrax213
07-20-2005, 10:31 AM
I didn't like Halo one bit, but probably the worst game ever was Brute Force. Even the crappiest of Nintendo games I played couldn't outweigh the crappiness of Brute Force. After less than 2 minutes of playing it, I found out why the guy at Gamestop gave it to me for free when I bought my Xbox. I was also surprised I got as much as I did on the trade in at EB games ...a 1 dollar credit.

f16cxv
07-20-2005, 07:53 PM
Like:

Splinter Cell
Republic Commando
Crimson Skies high road to revenge
Star Wars Battle Front

dislike:
Blinx the time sweeper http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_mad.gifhttp://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-mad.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/35.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif

rikakiah
07-20-2005, 10:26 PM
Like:
-Splinter Cell series: been playing games in this style since my first game--'bout time a game was actually designed that way.
-Mercenaries: probably my current favorite--open-ended, contract-style military action.
-Halo series: just plain fun (well, most of Halo2, anyway
-Raze's Hell: I'm sorry, does anything really compare to mindlessly blowing away cute little critters?
-There's several others (I like every game I've bought and own), but these are the firrst ones to come to mind.

Dislikes:
-Area 51: bland, monotonous gameplay with only a few, and short bright spots in way of gameplay and weapons.
-Soldier of FortuneII: Typical shooter for the most part, with really bad AI and no ability to sneak at all. Coolest feature being the ability to literally blow bits and pieces off of dead bodies...
-Don't really have too many that I've played that I actually dislike--perhaps because I prefer to read reviews, look at screenshots and the like before trying one (could be missing some great games this way, but having to really try to get two on my "dislike" list, I figure I'm not missing much).

sam_fisher091
07-21-2005, 12:05 AM
SCCT
GTSA
SC1
Sims Bustin Out!
GR2

Dislikes:

Fantastic 4 *cough* queer, queer *cough*

Secretaznman
07-21-2005, 12:26 PM
Games that I like:
-Halo, Halo 2
-Half life 2
-Counter Strike: Source
-MGS series
-All Splinter cell games
-Battlefield Vietnam and Battlefield 1942
-Call of duty and the expansion
-Final Fantasy X (the only FF game I've played)
-Any DDR game is good for me

Games that I don't like:
-Full Spectrum Warrior (I prefer FPS or RPG's)
-Unreal Tournament (sorry, just not my type of game)
-Any of the Sims games (sorry, I just don't see the point nor the fun in them)