PDA

View Full Version : BOB info???

RaVe_N
03-31-2006, 07:01 AM
Is there any info as of yet as to the plane set for BOB will there be late war AC in that sim ?
will we have the ability to skin the AC as we do in il2/PF?

will il2/PF fade away because of BOB?

when is it do to come out?
any input links or info on this?

RaVe_N
03-31-2006, 07:01 AM
Is there any info as of yet as to the plane set for BOB will there be late war AC in that sim ?

any input links or info on this?

csThor
03-31-2006, 07:13 AM
Well the title "Battle of Britain" should already tell you, that the only modelled timeframe at first will be July to November 1940 at best. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

The rest ... a lot is planned, but the details are still smoke and clouds.

RaVe_N
03-31-2006, 09:04 AM
yup I thought it was an early plane set just wanted to be sure. my fear is in some post folks have suggested that il2/PF would die off when BOB comes out

Chivas
03-31-2006, 11:07 AM
Off course FB/PF will die off, but it will take some time as its a classic. Especially as there will probably be a few third parties making add-ons for the FB/PF series.

Oleg will move on as he will have more than his hands full with BOB and future add-ons to the Storm of War series.

Of course there will be a few people hang on to the FB series for years as in EAW etc, but the majority will move on. The Storm of War "Battle of Britain" and future add-ons will be totally new level of immersion for us combat flight simmers.

knightflyte
04-06-2006, 06:52 AM
I wonder how quickly we will move on. BoB is a theatre of small scope. IL2/PF is fairly extensive. I'm also pretty sure many of us will be upgrading our computers pretty extensively.

I've got a decent computer, and I can play IL2/PF with pretty decent settings, but I'd love to see it on a computer with dual CPU...SLI...and 4 Gig of memory. I'm sure many of us would.

There's a LOT in this game I've not even scrathed the surface of. IL2/PF has got wings to keep it alive for quite a while......at least untill the addon to BoB.

_VR_ScorpionWorm
04-06-2006, 08:43 AM
There is a post around here somewhere that states the planeset both AI and flyable.

_VR_ScorpionWorm
04-06-2006, 08:44 AM
Oh, wait, see here for planeset.

http://www.airwarfare.com/Sims/IL2BOB/index.htm

crazyivan1970
04-06-2006, 11:02 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RaVe_N:
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Updates on BOB will start shortly after E3.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">
any input links or info on this? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sometime in 2007. No date set yet.