PDA

View Full Version : F4F Landing Gear???

bmoffa
05-11-2007, 04:39 PM
Did those things have manual-only landing gear or something. They never come up with just the Landing Gear Toggle key (G key by default). I have to manually raise them all the time.

Nimits
05-11-2007, 04:43 PM
Yes. F4Fs, I-16s (and maybe a couple others I cannot remember off the top of my hand) hand manually cranked gear only. The sim models this.

berg417448
05-11-2007, 05:03 PM
Yup. Explained in the aircraft guide.

Landing gear can only be operated manually; you have to assign keys (Raise Gear and Lower gear) for it in the Controls section. Each key must be pressed multiple times until the gear comes up or down.

Flaps are automatically retracted at 250 km/h (155 mph)

Divine-Wind
05-11-2007, 05:56 PM
Yep. I really wish you could just hold down the key instead of having to mash it fifty-thousand times.

And like Berg said, the Wildcat's flaps automatically retract above 155 mph to prevent damage. I find it a good way to check my speed when I'm too busy watching the road.

On that note, am I the only one who finds the George's automatic flaps incredibly annoying?

horseback
05-11-2007, 06:18 PM
Just be grateful they don't make you bend over and crank a handwheel 39 times with your stick hand...button mashing is so much more refined.

cheers

horseback

R_Target
05-11-2007, 07:34 PM
Originally posted by Divine-Wind:
On that note, am I the only one who finds the George's automatic flaps incredibly annoying?

Love 'em in a tight turn, hate 'em for snap shooting.