PDA

View Full Version : Joystick Settings

YuckFou2
08-01-2007, 08:10 AM
Hello all,

I am new to IL2 and am loving it. I do have a question though. I have a pair of CH pedals and a Saitek X52 controllers connected. When I try to adjust the sensitivity in the game on my joystick it only shows the CH pedals. Is there anyway to have it display the X52 or is there a file where I can change the sensitivity? Right now my pedals are adjusted but my joystick inputs are way too sensitive. Thanks in advance.

YuckFou2
08-01-2007, 08:10 AM
Hello all,

I am new to IL2 and am loving it. I do have a question though. I have a pair of CH pedals and a Saitek X52 controllers connected. When I try to adjust the sensitivity in the game on my joystick it only shows the CH pedals. Is there anyway to have it display the X52 or is there a file where I can change the sensitivity? Right now my pedals are adjusted but my joystick inputs are way too sensitive. Thanks in advance.

bolox00
08-01-2007, 08:40 AM
the sensitivity settings are 'hidding' in the conf.ini file and can be adjusted manually.

best tho is to use one of these utilities
http://www.mission4today.com/index.php?name=Downloads&file=details&id=332
http://www.mission4today.com/index.php?name=Downloads&file=details&id=1021

i highly recomend a look around that site for other 'goodies' too.

welcome to the forums

VMF-214_HaVoK
08-01-2007, 04:53 PM
Do yourself a huge favor and download IL Joycontrol, which you can find here> http://mission4today.com/index.php?name=Downloads&file=details&id=1021

I have an X-52 and CH pedals as well. If you use joycontrol try these settings.

For elevator put 83 for minimum and 100 for max then hit linear.

For Aileron put all sliders to 100.

For rudder put 3 for minimum and 100 for max and then hit linear.

For brakes put 1 for minimum and 100 for max and then hit linear.

For throttle put all sliders to 100.

For all trims put 1 for minimum and 100 for max and then hit linear.

Now hit Save to Conf.ini and you may close the program with all your settings saved.

FYI I use no dead zone or filtering.

Hope this helps.

S!

knightflyte
08-01-2007, 08:38 PM
Dang HavoK, You must fly around like a squirrel on a coffee high. I've tried similar settings a few times. Couldn't do it. I really felt I had to over concentrate just to fly straight and level.

I have mine set more in line with Oleg's settings.

MrMojok
08-01-2007, 08:54 PM
I've searched and searched and searched for the 'perfect' stick settings. Seems like I've been chasing them the whole time I've had this game, from the first time I played it, through the 'wobbles' patch, and on to the present time.

Finally just last week I took some people's advice who had been saying to use all 100s on the input curves. Which sounded crazy to me, but supposedly something was changed in the last patch that made 100s work much better.

Well, after trying it, I have to agree... they were right.

YuckFou2
08-02-2007, 08:55 AM
Hey guys thanks for the help. I got that program downloaded and tried those settings. Made a nice difference.

Thanks again guys.

knightflyte
08-02-2007, 08:52 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by MrMojok:
I've searched and searched and searched for the 'perfect' stick settings. Seems like I've been chasing them the whole time I've had this game, from the first time I played it, through the 'wobbles' patch, and on to the present time.

Finally just last week I took some people's advice who had been saying to use all 100s on the input curves. Which sounded crazy to me, but supposedly something was changed in the last patch that made 100s work much better.

Well, after trying it, I have to agree... they were right. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm. maybe I'll give em a try then. I'm pretty comfy with my current settings, but experimenting can lead to better results....maybe.

knightflyte
08-02-2007, 08:53 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by YuckFou2:
Hey guys thanks for the help. I got that program downloaded and tried those settings. Made a nice difference.

Thanks again guys. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's a great lil program, Yuckfou. So much easier than going into the config file.

Have fun and don't be 'fraid to ask anything.

MrMojok
08-02-2007, 09:27 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by knightflyte:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by MrMojok:

Well, after trying it, I have to agree... they were right. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm. maybe I'll give em a try then. I'm pretty comfy with my current settings, but experimenting can lead to better results....maybe. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, doesn't hurt to try. I try pretty much every stick setting I see anyone post here.

Those 100s work for some people, and not for others. Could be joystick differences, or personal preference, I am not sure.

I can tell you that I tried all 100s back in the 4.04 days and it did not work for me very well at all. Something did seem to change with the stick inputs in a recent patch though because it's night and day for me now.