PDA

View Full Version : game crashes to desktop

h8218122
06-02-2007, 04:40 AM
I am having a couple of problems first with the sound,after playing the game for a while the sound completely goes to make a terrible sound like a static feedback noise.the only thing I can do is turn the speakers off and within 10 minutes the sound is back to normal.This problem only occurs in this sim.The second problem is far more disturbing in that again I can play the game for over an hour the game suddenly stalls locks up and then get the message sh3.exe has encountered a problem needs to close down and returns to the desktop.im wondering if it is a cache problem.anyone had the same problem.im running a3gig pentium4 with igig of ram

Messervy
06-02-2007, 05:08 AM
The sound problem is caused by minefields when thousand of those nasty things spawn.
It has been solved in last patch I believe.

You do have patched game don`t you?

h8218122
06-02-2007, 05:09 AM
sorry shoul have mentioned I increased my virtual memory to 2688mb is that ok with 1 gig of ram

h8218122
06-02-2007, 05:15 AM
The sound problem can also occur on immediate game load when u are just about to pull out of port,I firmly believe it is a soundcard problem.I have just upgraded to gwx 1.4 but the problem still occurs

Carotio
06-02-2007, 05:57 AM
I have this sound issue as well with SH3 and SH4 only!!

I bought a new pc last november, but reused the same sound card as in the old pc. Back then, I did not have the problem with this strange sound!

It happens to me, when I use external camera, and it can happen anywhere: harbours or ocean, it mostly happens, when I near the camera to ships.

Could it be the sound card? Maybe, but then why did it never happen with it, when I used it in the old pc? I tried switching to mainboard sound as well = same result! Is it any of the mods, I use? No, it happens with stock SH3 1.4b and in SH4 as well!

It annoys me as h*** why I can't find the reason! Maybe a reinstall of Windows would do it.... But then again, why does this only happen with SH3 and SH4, and never with any of the other games I play?

Hmm....