PDA

View Full Version : IL2 Korean Battles?

XyZspineZyX
08-26-2003, 09:12 PM
I just watched a programme on Discovery Wings, called Seawings, about the Grumman Panther. I know that this has been asked in the past, but eventually, it would be good to have a Korean War simulator. I also understand that this has been done before, with MiG Alley. Surely, with the new jet aircraft being developed for the game, and the possibility of the creation of aircraft carriers in the future, a Korean sim or addon would be worthwile. There were no missiles at the time, and the airborne fighting was close range dogfighting, but at much higher speeds than in World War Two. Aircraft such as the Panther were also used as ground attack fighters. It would also be possible to fly as the Soviets in the MiG 15. Use of aircraft such as the Chance Vought Corsair would also be possible. I am sure that there would be good interest in this, since there have not been nearly as many Korean war simulators as World War Two and even World War One. Although it would involve a lot of work, it would most probably be worth it.

To be able to fare well,
To avoid the frustration of misfortune,
That, in this world, is happiness.
-Euripides' Electra

XyZspineZyX
08-26-2003, 09:12 PM
I just watched a programme on Discovery Wings, called Seawings, about the Grumman Panther. I know that this has been asked in the past, but eventually, it would be good to have a Korean War simulator. I also understand that this has been done before, with MiG Alley. Surely, with the new jet aircraft being developed for the game, and the possibility of the creation of aircraft carriers in the future, a Korean sim or addon would be worthwile. There were no missiles at the time, and the airborne fighting was close range dogfighting, but at much higher speeds than in World War Two. Aircraft such as the Panther were also used as ground attack fighters. It would also be possible to fly as the Soviets in the MiG 15. Use of aircraft such as the Chance Vought Corsair would also be possible. I am sure that there would be good interest in this, since there have not been nearly as many Korean war simulators as World War Two and even World War One. Although it would involve a lot of work, it would most probably be worth it.

To be able to fare well,
-Euripides' Electra

XyZspineZyX
08-26-2003, 09:23 PM
With modern technology and graphics, there are many I'd like to see...Korean being one of them. WWI being another. All other theaters in WWII being others.

The list goes on.

The Eastern front was long-overlooked by sim developers. I guess we can't say that anymore. /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif I'll hold out hope for the rest.

Thanks Oleg.

http://home.earthlink.net/~aclzkim1/_uimages/p47atm.gif

XyZspineZyX
08-26-2003, 09:30 PM
I agree. Before Il2, no flight sim that I know of had ever covered the Eastern Front. I think it was a brave and very wise choice by the 1C:Maddox team to make a game based on the eastern front.
I have to join you thunderbolt in thanking Oleg.

To be able to fare well,
-Euripides' Electra

XyZspineZyX
08-26-2003, 10:57 PM
Anyone else have opinions or ideas on this subject? I think a Korean sim would be considerably easier for 1C Maddox than a Vietnam sim since there were no hi-tech targeting systems, as well as missiles on the aircraft of the time.

To be able to fare well,
-Euripides' Electra

SergeVE
08-26-2003, 11:18 PM
Count me in !

The Korean war had some very cool jets indeed , and the fact that in those days you still had to fight your way through without all the modern high-tech gismo mambo jumbo of the modern jets , makes it more fun and challenging.

Anyway , as long as the quality of any potential new combat-SIM is as good as IL2 FB , or better ( and with Track-IR support ) , then I think the producer of the SIM will have no problems whatsoever in getting a lot of buyers and enthousiasts.

XyZspineZyX
08-26-2003, 11:38 PM
bump

http://mysite.freeserve.com/jjffjj/images/0-picture.gif

XyZspineZyX
08-27-2003, 02:00 AM
!!!! Bing, (just saw the thread). The IL-2/FB system with Sabres vs Migs and aircraft from that time, awww... let me just savor on that for awhile.

DW

XyZspineZyX
08-27-2003, 02:08 PM
SergeVE wrote:
- Count me in !
-
- The Korean war had some very cool jets indeed , and
- the fact that in those days you still had to fight
- your way through without all the modern high-tech
- gismo mambo jumbo of the modern jets , makes it more
- fun and challenging.
-
- Anyway , as long as the quality of any potential new
- combat-SIM is as good as IL2 FB , or better ( and
- with Track-IR support ) , then I think the producer
- of the SIM will have no problems whatsoever in
- getting a lot of buyers and enthousiasts.
-
I agree. I'm sure there would be a lot of interest.

To be able to fare well,
-Euripides' Electra

XyZspineZyX
08-27-2003, 04:07 PM
A Korean War sim would be great. There really hasn't been one. "Mig Alley" doesn't really count, since that game was such a flaming sack of dog crap.

XyZspineZyX
08-27-2003, 05:34 PM
Give me a F9F Panther or a F-86E/F Sabre, and look-out Migs http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

"Shoot first, shoot some more, then when everyone is dead try to ask a question or two."

XyZspineZyX
08-27-2003, 06:21 PM
To me the only Jets that I ever had any interest in were the early one's. In those days it was still man vs. man up there not lobbing missles at each other from 125 miles, more like 125 yards. And in a Korean War sim you can still fly the beloved prop jobs for us "old school" guys too. /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif
~S!
Eagle
CO 361st vFG

<center>----------------------------------------------------------------------------</center> <center> www.361stvfg.com</center> (http://www.361stvfg.com</center>)
<center>
http://home.comcast.net/~smconlon/wsb/media/245357/site1003.jpg

</center>

XyZspineZyX
08-27-2003, 06:54 PM
I would LLLLLLLOOOOOVE to fly MIG 15 if it's modeldeled as well as any plane in FB.

XyZspineZyX
08-28-2003, 08:23 AM
the Korean War had the best ever prop fighters

it had the best ever prop ground pounders

it had the first air combat between jets , jets that were actually good at DogFighting

it would be the ultimate Dogfighting Flight Sim