PDA

View Full Version : AI

bombadier1981
03-25-2005, 03:03 PM
When a plne is AI what does that mean???? I know that AI means Artificial Intelligence but?????

bombadier1981
03-25-2005, 03:03 PM
When a plne is AI what does that mean???? I know that AI means Artificial Intelligence but?????

fherathras
03-25-2005, 04:25 PM
but what?

you clearly awnsered your own question

fherathras
03-25-2005, 04:25 PM
but what?

you clearly awnsered your own question

Gato__Loco
03-25-2005, 04:32 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by bombadier1981:
When a plne is AI what does that mean???? I know that AI means Artificial Intelligence but????? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

It means that the computer flies it.

Gato__Loco
03-25-2005, 04:32 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by bombadier1981:
When a plne is AI what does that mean???? I know that AI means Artificial Intelligence but????? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

It means that the computer flies it.

LEXX_Luthor
03-25-2005, 06:35 PM
Palm Trees are AI Only.

There are no Pine Tree Objects on any Eastern Front map, leading one to wonder how we got Palm Tree Objects.

LEXX_Luthor
03-25-2005, 06:35 PM
Palm Trees are AI Only.

There are no Pine Tree Objects on any Eastern Front map, leading one to wonder how we got Palm Tree Objects.

stansdds
03-26-2005, 05:48 AM
Engine modifications were not common in the field, just too much engineering and parts fabrication for a field operation. Weapons modifications were far more common, especially in the Pacific.

Glass nosed A-20A's, A-20C's and B-25C's were often modified by having the bombardier's equipment removed, the plexiglass painted over, and two, three or four 50 caliber machine guns added to the nose.

The 90th BG also tried installing a pair of the "bazooka tube" triple 3.5 inch rocket launching tubes under each wing of at least one of their A-20G's. The one in the photo is also one of the few to be equipped with the four 20mm cannons and accepted by the USAAC. They found the increased wind resistance of this set up decreased speed and range and they dropped the project.

stansdds
03-26-2005, 05:48 AM
Engine modifications were not common in the field, just too much engineering and parts fabrication for a field operation. Weapons modifications were far more common, especially in the Pacific.

Glass nosed A-20A's, A-20C's and B-25C's were often modified by having the bombardier's equipment removed, the plexiglass painted over, and two, three or four 50 caliber machine guns added to the nose.

The 90th BG also tried installing a pair of the "bazooka tube" triple 3.5 inch rocket launching tubes under each wing of at least one of their A-20G's. The one in the photo is also one of the few to be equipped with the four 20mm cannons and accepted by the USAAC. They found the increased wind resistance of this set up decreased speed and range and they dropped the project.