PDA

View Full Version : Smokebomb Glitch?

DarkKing166
01-06-2011, 05:22 PM
is this a glitch or just random bad timing that looks like a glitch?

im on a rooftop and the guy trying to kill me come walking up, its a doctor. i toss the smoke bomb to try to get the stun points and it goes off, hes not in the smoke, he WALKS about 3 steps into the smoke and then jumps and kills me. im like WTF? its happend other times, before they kill me i toss a smoke bomb and they don't stop in the smoke they keep going and kill me, where as same thing happens to me in revers they toss a smoke bomb at the same time i i had already pressed the kill buttun and then they push the attack off and then stun me, this only happens either way a few times every now and then but a i ther only one having this? if its a glitch then i doubt it, but is it or just bad timing on both parts? (both being me)

utriej
01-06-2011, 05:29 PM
Most likely explination is lag. Have had this happen to me numerous times. They likely were already hitting kill by the time you threw smoke.
Like a few people say on these forums, you probabally benefit as much as you suffer from this issue.
What is annoying from it, is the decision when to throw the smoke...early to compensate for lag, thus risking it missing the pursuer and getting killed anyway? Or when you really "should" and they get the kill anyway.

DarkKing166
01-06-2011, 05:33 PM
Originally posted by utriej:
Most likely explination is lag. Have had this happen to me numerous times. They likely were already hitting kill by the time you threw smoke.
Like a few people say on these forums, you probabally benefit as much as you suffer from this issue.
What is annoying from it, is the decision when to throw the smoke...early to compensate for lag, thus risking it missing the pursuer and getting killed anyway? Or when you really "should" and they get the kill anyway.
well thanks. all i know is it never helps me just messes with me and ****es me off. whenever that happens theres always a small part of me that feels a little cheated, like i should have killed him or i shouldn't have been killed, but yeah lag makes sence, still gonna be annoying. thanks for the help.