PDA

View Full Version : Cain, his mark, the templars and assassins (Just assume there will be spoilers)

Neo_Age
11-30-2009, 09:46 PM
Getting this out of the way right now: This is all speculation based on the bits of info we got in the game. Its just me thinking things out and submitting those thoughts to the games community.

So in one of the puzzles, its revealed, if not strongly hinted at, that Cain is the founder of the templars (as his mark is the same as the templars insignia). This leads to wonder, are the Assassins and Templar’s descendants from the same bloodline (or at least their founders are)?

Everyone knows the story of Cain and Abel. Two brothers, the first sons of Adam and Eve go out and make seperate offerings to God. Abel offers his best live stock where as Cain offers his second best crop. Cain gets ****ed and killed Abel. God finds out and marks him so as any future siblings that find him wont kill him. If you read the story a bit more you learn that eventually Adam and Eve have another son named Seth after Cain left and eventually found his own city (interestingly, if you frame what they do in the city with the AC universe, it sounds like Cain and his family were already playing with POE’s).

So heres the meat of the thread:

If Cain and Abel, in the AC universe are true sons of Adam and Eve, and assuming Adam and Eve have some sort of genetic advantage over humans because they are the result of a human/creator mating that would mean Cain is part of the same bloodline as those that eventually form the assassin order. In the biblical story not much else is mentioned immediately other then Seth had many kids himself and Cain isn’t even mentioned other then his son having killed someone for wounding him.

Now, this is were the speculation comes in. Lets say for a moment Cain (and his kids), after killing his brother, founding his own city and so forth started playing with POE’s (as hinted at that the city started to “forged all kinds of tools out of bronze and iron”). Cains descendant goes out and kills someone. In AC 2 its revealed that there aren’t many people around after the war so word likely got around pretty quickly and if Cain passed down the genetic abilities of Adam and Eve im sure Seth would have known something was up, having the same abilities. Seth does some investigating and finds out what happened and who did it.

Seth, realizing what’s going on decides that he and his bloodline need to protect humanity from Cain and his family. Boom, the first orders of the Assassins (Seth’s bloodline) and Templar’s (Cains bloodline) are born.

This would certainly make sense. If Cain and his family were already acquiring POE’s and other forms of Creator tech Seth, being a son of Adam and Eve (the two that kicked off the war against the creators) would realize just what a threat Cain and his family already were to the rest of humanity.

If this is indeed the case I wonder how Ubisoft would go about revealing that bit of information and if it would work for the game. So thoughts? Am I totally off my rocker or on to something?

ALTAIRXEZIO
11-30-2009, 09:55 PM
let me get this streight

so your theory is

cain started the templars

and seth started the assassins

john63
11-30-2009, 09:59 PM
I actually kinda like this idea...

Just makes me wonder whether or not Templars could ever use Eagle vision...

Neo_Age
11-30-2009, 10:12 PM
Originally posted by ALTAIRXEZIO:
let me get this streight

so your theory is

cain started the templars

and seth started the assassins

For all the denial of religion AC makes use of its themes. If Adam and Eve are the first humans that escaped the Creators, makes numerous points that the assassins are linked to Adam and Eve, and then reveals that the "mark of cain" is the Templar Emblum it really doesnt much to connect the dots.

mojsarn
12-01-2009, 01:13 AM
in one of the truth puzzles you also learned that cain stole the piece of eden from abel, that it was the "real" reason behind it, according to 16

wwfls1
12-01-2009, 04:39 PM
Originally posted by john63:
I actually kinda like this idea...

Just makes me wonder whether or not Templars could ever use Eagle vision...

or if they have a different vision